The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

aria

Former Moderator
Honestly, it looks a bit cheaper than I imagined.

That's what I was trying to say earlier: it's a very sweeping story and a lot of large set-pieces and make-up and a cable TV budget is never going to be as much as a movie could pull off.

Shows like Mad Men aren't nearly as complicated from the technical standpoint, and it's exactly the part that requires funding.

Then again, as long as they emphasize certain sets like the camp, the prison, etc over others it might work.

With that said, I liked how some things looked, like the new tank-hiding scene.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
They'll get it right.

In order to truly treat the subject matter accordingly and focus on what matters, it needs to be more than a movie. It needs the extra hours to sync in to what makes it more than a zombie comic.

It'll be fine. I'm not worried about it at all.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
The premier episode leaked online.
I never read the comics, but the episode was amazing! Plenty of gore all around. I even shed a tear at one point. v_v
This might be my new favorite show. :vik::vik::vik:
The worst part for me is now waiting to see what happens next. D:

Last edited:

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Just watched it, if they can keep this up for an entire season or more it's going to make for a pretty damn good show I think. It's better than 90%+ of any zombie movies Ive seen.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Man, I'm so tempted to download this first episode. But I think watching it on Halloween night will be cooler.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
It's not specifically the lack of nudity that concerns me, it's the idea that they won't be able to do whatever they want. Clearly AMC doesn't have the 'anything goes' policy that some cable networks do, and I wonder if that will hamper the series. That's all.

I remember breaking bad had a topless woman in pilot,
don't remember if there were any other topless scenes.
not a big deal, but I just thought it was a little out of place to see that on cable tv.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Well...I remember them making a pretty big deal about specifically being able to do whatever they want. This show has more gore than any cable show I've seen...

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Couldn't help myself.

Got the episode.

Loved it.

Will watch on Halloween.

Will buy the blu-ray when it's released.

Great episode.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
i've got the torrent of the first episode doing its thing now

with the number of people seeding it looks like it will be done not too long after i finish typing this reply

nice

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Stop tempting me to download this, its only another couple days til the show premieres.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
I have been looking forward to see this since I saw the preview. I was like wow...my dream series...alive...but dead. :tickled:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
the first episode was extremely promising

if this continues i think we're looking at a truly phenomenal television series here

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Just watched the first episode myself. I didn't cream my drawers the way a lot of people did, but I agree that it looks like a pretty good show. I thought it had just the right amount of B-movie feel to it without getting too cheesy. Solid stuff.

My only real gripe was I thought it was a bit overly slow paced, but so's the comic. I do hope they pump some parts up, though. We don't need four seasons in the prison, for instance.

Actually, make that two gripes: watching the opening on the screen reminded me how Kirkman lifted his whole introduction from 28 Days Later. But that's a pretty minor detail when you get right down to it.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
think very carefully about which Walking Dead TV series thread you people choose to post in because it may cost you your life

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Waited until last night to watch this instead of downloading it. Great start. I guess it's a little to slow getting started for some, but they need to develop these characters. I don't mind slow anyways, as long it's good, and it is. Makeup effects are awesome in this so far. Went by really fast for being over an hour long too. This and Boardwalk Empire just fly by when I watch them.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
think very carefully about which Walking Dead TV series thread you people choose to post in because it may cost you your life

Haha, I saw both, opened both, checked the posts, and immediately made the right decision.

Watched it twice last night. Really enjoying it so far. I'll see how long it holds my interest.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Waited till it aired last night and I have to say it's off to a pretty damn good start.

I actually didn't think it felt or looked cheap as some people have said. That might just be the blandness coming through from the comic, which while well drawn has never really been intended to jump off the page.

It will be interesting to see what kind of pace they give the TV series as the only problem I've had with the comic is that it really drags on in some places.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Haha, I saw both, opened both, checked the posts, and immediately made the right decision.

Watched it twice last night. Really enjoying it so far. I'll see how long it holds my interest.

You guys are are retarded babies.

I just figured we could use a new thread once the series finally aired.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
I watched it late last night and I enjoyed the show. Im looking to see another episode soon. I had no idea it was and hour and a half.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I liked it. A little bit too slowed paced though.