Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

Be water, my friend.

The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

VT's Bitch
    You can fuck this mouth for a fruit cup.

They're filming this over in Atlanta right now. A few of my friends were going in as extras. Not sure how that turned out.

SUPER excited about this. I think AMC will do it right.
    Last edited by BigTinz; 07-07-2010 at 07:10 PM.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

I've really been looking forward to this since they announced it. Frank Darabont is great and Robert Kirkman has had a lot of input on the show.

I was somewhat concerned with the fact that its on network tv as opposed to HBO or something, but after seeing some of the gore they've had in Breaking Bad I don't think there is much to worry about.

The only negative for my personally is that I've been wanting to complete my collection of The Walking Dead comics and this show will drive interest (and prices) up considerably I'm guessing.

EDIT: Wow, didn't know Greg Nicotero was involved with this, even better.
    Last edited by Sexual Instinct; 07-07-2010 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by genjiglove View Post

EDIT: Wow, didn't know Greg Nicotero was involved with this, even better.
    Hell yes. I saw his name and got excited immediately. Ironically I just discovered this series recently. I've been reading it on my phone when time permits and it's excellent. I'm pretty excited for this show!
    When you understand why you dismiss all other gods, you'll understand why I dismiss yours

Because of his bloody life it's no accident that he was involved in the troubles.

I've been reading comic books since 1976.

No series has continually held my interest for as long a run as The Walking Dead has.

Never read an issue I didn't like.

Needless to say, given all the production behind the TV series, I'm pumped.

"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."
    ~Jerry Holkins

"You can have the power to destroy, but it doesn't give you the power to reform, or improve, or build."
    ~George R.R. Martin

Heartlessness is a virtue

Heh, when I saw this thread, I thought to myself, "I bet Taiso posted in there already."

I have to admit, my enthusiasm is tempered by the fact that it is AMC. Their record is hardly spotless, and they seem reluctant to really give the creators total freedom like HBO does. There won't be any nudity or f-bombs, for instance. Actually, I don't know if they allow swearing at all, come to think of it. I know FX has a ridiculous 'you can say shit but not fuck' policy, which I thought hampered the Shield unnecessarily.

Anyways. The Walking Dead is good, though not as good as Taiso makes it out to be (sorry man, but it needs to be said ). I bet this series will be solid, if nothing else, but I doubt it will reach those sublime heights the best HBO shows attained.

1-900-SHAGOHOD

Because of his bloody life it's no accident that he was involved in the troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Nugent View Post
    Anyways. The Walking Dead is good, though not as good as Taiso makes it out to be (sorry man, but it needs to be said ).
    Actually, this really didn't need to be said. There was no sanction for someone to come in and attempt to downplay someone's love for a comic book series. There really is no reason for this whatsoever.

"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."
    ~Jerry Holkins

"You can have the power to destroy, but it doesn't give you the power to reform, or improve, or build."
    ~George R.R. Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Taiso View Post
    Actually, this really didn't need to be said. There was no sanction for someone to come in and attempt to downplay someone's love for a comic book series. There really is no reason for this whatsoever.
    Well, unless you were talking about Strangers in Paradise, maybe.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

I don't think lack of nudity is going to hurt TWD in any way. I've read the entire series and can only remember a few parts with nudity in them and they weren't anything major. Maybe just two people laying in bed or something. Not even full frontal.

Holy shit, it's a ninja!

Man, I'd really love to see this, Frank Darabont is great.

But the chances of it coming to Japan are slim, and my provider has stoppzored my teh torrenting.

Guess I'll have to make do with the comic.
    東北魂応援します!

The Gibasaurus

I'm too sexy for this rank.

Quote Originally Posted by qube View Post
    Hell yes. I saw his name and got excited immediately. Ironically I just discovered this series recently. I've been reading it on my phone when time permits and it's excellent. I'm pretty excited for this show!
    I recommended this series to you a year or two back. You never listen to me

I'm really hyped up for this, I got into the series a few years ago and have been hooked since the first few issues.

When will it be on?

AMC is kind of a weird network for this.

Join the Neo Geo Community on Mario Kart 7 for 3DS!

Go to Online play --> Communities

Punch in the community code
    Community Code for 150cc all items is:

02-6542-8994-1557

Community Code for Coin Runners is:
    69-0630-7444-4103

Empathy dudes, not negativity. Try to see things from other's perspective once in a while. Remember Peter from the CBS show Heroes? It's on netflix.

The Gibasaurus

I'm too sexy for this rank.

The article says in Oct.

Administrator

The comic was interesting, but I am not enthused over AMC. Funding will be low. There are a lot of ways that could manifest itself badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Jones View Post
    The comic was interesting, but I am not enthused over AMC. Funding will be low. There are a lot of ways that could manifest itself badly.
    AMC has Breaking Bad and Mad Men. Not sure why funding would be low when the two best shows on TV are on that channel too.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Heartlessness is a virtue

Quote Originally Posted by Taiso View Post
    Whoa, hey, relax. I'm just ribbing you man.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
    Well, unless you were talking about Strangers in Paradise, maybe.
    And STK ribs me in turn. See? No big deal.

(*sob*)

Quote Originally Posted by genjiglove View Post
    I don't think lack of nudity is going to hurt TWD in any way. I've read the entire series and can only remember a few parts with nudity in them and they weren't anything major. Maybe just two people laying in bed or something. Not even full frontal.
    It's not specifically the lack of nudity that concerns me, it's the idea that they won't be able to do whatever they want. Clearly AMC doesn't have the 'anything goes' policy that some cable networks do, and I wonder if that will hamper the series. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Jones View Post
    Yeah, that too. Let's hope this isn't the case though. I would love it if this series is great. And it is zombies. It's pretty hard to mess up zombies when you have good source material.

1-900-SHAGOHOD

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    AMC has Breaking Bad and Mad Men. Not sure why funding would be low when the two best shows on TV are on that channel too.
    Exactly. Plus, the show has Frank Darabont directing and Greg Nicotero doing the effects, those aren't exactly no-names.

Fuck eBay & PayPal

pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Giby View Post
    I recommended this series to you a year or two back. You never listen to me

I'm really hyped up for this, I got into the series a few years ago and have been hooked since the first few issues.
    You know how forgetful I've gotten in my old age bubby, don't be mad, I'll shave your back later to make it up to you
    When you understand why you dismiss all other gods, you'll understand why I dismiss yours

TЗh ЯussiaИs Дre CФming,
    TЗh ЯussiaИs Дre CФming

I've been looking for more post-apocalyptic/zombie style comics and haven't found anything matching the quality of The Walking Dead. Definitely looking forward to this with no other zombie movies on the horizon. I need my fix.

A buddy of mine was lucky enough to have Rob Liefeld Youngblood page that Kirman really wanted. He traded it to him for some Walking Dead art as well as a 4-page cameo appearance in the comic book itself. If you find a zombie with a Youngblood shirt, that's him!

VT's Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by tsukaesugi View Post
    Man, I'd really love to see this, Frank Darabont is great.

But the chances of it coming to Japan are slim, and my provider has stoppzored my teh torrenting.
    Ouch. That sucks. I'm sure people will share it on megaupload.

Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    Exactly. Two of the best shows on tv right now....I don't understand people's skepticism.

Be water, my friend.

I finally got caught up with the comics and I have to say, there's very few books, films or TV shows out there that I honestly get emotionally attached to the characters found therein, but this comic series has got me firmly wishing for the well-being of its fictional cast even though I know in the end they're all just going to end up dying or being horribly maimed over and over again.

Philadelphia Freeman

Philly's most formidable Mature & Vanessa(KOF 2002) player

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Gray View Post
    Everytime I get a new phone, the first thing I check on the Internet is to make sure Xhamster.com plays ok
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    Almost killed myself at Ralfakick's place bringing a 4-slot cabinet down the stairs. I lost my footing and fell backward. He and Jon saved my life.
    JSJ Games: Selflessly protecting the lives of neo-geo.com moderators since 2010

The Portuguese Chop
    Come visit us at www.TheArcadeHunters.Com

It's been a while since I've looked forward to a new series. AMC is turning into my favorite channel.

My trader feedback: Click here!

VT's Bitch

Honestly, it looks a bit cheaper than I imagined.

Thread Information