SMVSII scaling problem

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hi,

would like to get MVS carts for Metal Slug series but saw from forum MSX or MS5 have issues?
also interested in getting Striker 1945 Plus n Aero Fighters shooting games, any issue with this MVS converter?

Using a AES 3-5 with power adaptor 9V 1.2A

or is it better getting a MVS system with supergun?

Thanks in advance

Just get an MVS with supergun.

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
Hi,

would like to get MVS carts for Metal Slug series but saw from forum MSX or MS5 have issues?
also interested in getting Striker 1945 Plus n Aero Fighters shooting games, any issue with this MVS converter?

Using a AES 3-5 with power adaptor 9V 1.2A

or is it better getting a MVS system with supergun?

Thanks in advance

All those games work fine on my 108 in 1 multicart and the MVS converter.
Don't know about individual carts.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Anyhow, last night i did a forum search for "scaling", "phantom", etc., looking for answers to these particular scaling issues. After hours of reading, i've come up with some conclusions:

1.) Both the P1 and SMVSII have consistently inconsistent scaling issues depending on factors such as board revision, cart, and converter build. Everyone has a different opinion on the problem. Personally, after having read everything, i think the problem depends on multiple factors listed above and not just one. Pin-pointing the exact working combination is not possible.

2.) Neo Alec has beat this topic to death, buried it, dug it up, and fucked its ass. :tickled:

But really, i can understand your point of view. Not to sound like a douche, but this rig cost me around a grand and i'm still not playing in perfection, whereas a considerably cheaper cmvs/supergun rig would. In my eyes, neither way is perfect. I have always wanted an AES in its sleek console form playing the actual games rather than a CMVS, in its rather home-made appearance, doing the same..but obviously one trades appearance for slightly better compatibility.

To each his own. :)

I wish I had found this area of the forums prior to buying the converter. This is crazy; its like you need the perfect combination of factors to get the best results. I didn't even know it would depend on the serial number of my AES too...On top of that, I got it to play MVS fighting games that didn't come out on the neo cd (which I am grateful for having more and more now that I took the jump and got an AES), the games that supposedly play the worst on the converter!

Maybe I'll get lucky and on the day I receive my converter there will be a double rainbow in the sky and a four leaf clover in the lawn and everything will go well.

DavidG

It may have been beat to death but it's very cut and dry why the problems happen.

The SMVS 1 and 2 use a custom gfx chip which isn't 100% so you should expect issues with any game that scales such as SS1-4 and the last blade games. The system revision doesn't matter and some tv's blur the image a little making the issue less of a concern. There is no current fix to this problem.

The SMVS3 (2011 version) uses the same setup but with a newer chip but it's still not 100%. There is no current fix.

The Phantom-1 uses two chips the NEO ZMC2 and the NEO CMC. The neo cmc has no gfx issues so if you have one of these it will work 100% for all games when it comes to gfx on all neo systems. If you have the more common zmc2 version it requires a power mod in order to run perfectly. The converter as is will run on all first gen's perfectly fine but will have gfx issues on the 9v systems. Again once you do a $0.50 mod it works fine on all systems. The P1 will also run all games up to the last 3 which are SvC, KOF2k3 and MS5. Neo dev games as well as the multicart's have trouble. A new P1 upgrade board with power mod was made to fix this. MS4 and SSV run fine without the mods.

The Pranslation era converters all use a NEO CTO chip and have no gfx issues but require a good upgrade to get it working with newer games.

The Daedalus converter has no gfx issues for any game.

hows everybody's 2011 converter holding up except for the scaling issues? is kof 2003 and svc chaos working for you?