Final fantasy XIV release date.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I'm personally kind of OK with all that.

I am certainly not the same person I was when I was playing FFXI during its peak so there's no way I'd even play this game to the point where the Fatigue would seriously hinder my enjoyment of the game.

But for the hardcore MMO player? They should be pissed as this system is basically straight-up telling them how to play the game.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Miloš Šarčev;3049994 said:
I'm personally kind of OK with all that.

I am certainly not the same person I was when I was playing FFXI during its peak so there's no way I'd even play this game to the point where the Fatigue would seriously hinder my enjoyment of the game.

But for the hardcore MMO player? They should be pissed as this system is basically straight-up telling them how to play the game.

Yeah I'm in the same situation as you. I'm done with the hardcore playing I did in FFXI and this actually don't bother me at all either. They will have to do something for the hardcore players though. This won't fly with them. I think we'll see some adjustments made over time. They'll crank down the severity of the fatigue I think as they see how the player base reacts.

I was big into fishing in XI and the fatigue system in that used to piss me off so I can understand where people are coming from.

Shuurin

n00b
While I'm no where near as hardcore as I was back in ffxi, this whole situation doesn't sit well with me. In my own opinion, if I'm paying a subscription per month I expect to be able to play the game as I please, whenever I please, and however long as I please. I don't think I'm alone on that idea. What I think they need to do if they plan on limiting users choices in how they approach the game is reduce the monthly cost. Another idea is use one of the many successful free to play type marketing strategies. The only other logical way to play to the casuals favor is make levels quick and easy to obtain, with a low level cap. This way everyone can enjoy endgame content together, just the hardcore will have X amount more max level classes. Like how it ended up in ffxi anyways.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
I can't believe it, but they made it harder to understand than FFXI and that's hard to do lol..it took me a while to figure FFXI out.

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
Map of Eorzea

world-map-official-large.jpg

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Hey Stephane. Gonna be playing on Selbina server I believe with a few RL friends. Hit me up if you end up on Selbina.