Pulstar - JP - NGH

Wombie

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Either someone picked up a real bargain, or scammed for 300 euro with a conversion....

looking at the seller's history, he did sell a conversion Pulstar US here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220609174922

at least he was honest about it being a conversion(Pulstar never had an English release).

Anyhow, it's a risk one has to take from buying on ebay.... :annoyed: this is why I only get from trusted sellers now.....

And here is another closely watched one - Blazing star on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180525021780&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
High price doesn't equate authenticity. Just look at samuelnippon's botched Metal Slug purchase.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
That pulstar was a BIN, I was thinking about buying it when it was first listed but there are just too many conversions floating around for some games that its not worth the hassle.

Heath

, cheyne stoking
I won the auction using the BIN, i asked the seller where he got it and how much was paid for it which he didnt really answer apart from saying 100% original. I then showed him a Pulstar conversion which i think even startled him. He asked me how he could find out if it was genuine copy which i said the only def option is to open the cart and check the boards. Ive not had a reply yet and i dont expect one. I wouldnt risk it either.

Wombie

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Amish: Tell us when you get the game and show us some pics - then we can all dissect it and decide on it! But here's a prayer for it to be authentic for your sake, mate! :)

Heath

, cheyne stoking
Amish: Tell us when you get the game and show us some pics - then we can all dissect it and decide on it! But here's a prayer for it to be authentic for your sake, mate! :)

To be honest with you im expecting a ebay cancel transaction message, if the seller had said who he got the game from someone respected i would have gladly paid but i cant risk it on the basis of 100% original and no info. I was wrong to use the buy it now without thinking but when i seen Pulstar for £250 i was away pressing.

Wombie

Kuroko's Training Dummy
To be honest with you im expecting a ebay cancel transaction message, if the seller had said who he got the game from someone respected i would have gladly paid but i cant risk it on the basis of 100% original and no info. I was wrong to use the buy it now without thinking but when i seen Pulstar for £250 i was away pressing.

Can't blame ya... I would be tempted to BIN it if I see Pulstar AES at that price, too.... :make_fac:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I was wrong to use the buy it now without thinking but when i seen Pulstar for £250 i was away pressing.

Yea, I was real tempted too. I emailed him hoping to get a quick response but he never emailed me back.

I'm at the point where I dont think I will buy one on ebay unless there are some pics of the cart opened up showing the boards.

Heath

, cheyne stoking
So i finally got Pulstar today, its not in perfect condition like the seller said which im glad for in a way. I was worried about it being a conversion because it was a very good price. It has all the usual marks on the cart and manual. The insert has the marks from the case along the top and bottom which is a good sign its genuine.

009-25.jpg

011-22.jpg

026-13.jpg

021-16.jpg

024-15.jpg

014-19.jpg

015-19.jpg

028-12.jpg

Hows the 2 player option work on this game???, i dont have another controller with me at present to try it.

Last edited: