Please Help me with getting the right Hyper64 PSU for my supergun so i can play games

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
After re-reading this thread it just sounds like you have a faulty/dirty game.

If you can get some contact cleaner (not window cleaner)you can clean the contacts on the cart with a q-tip. I use DeoxitD5 since it cleans and conditions.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This must be a Rev 2, right? I don't think it would be possible to properly power my Rev 1 with that. It would probably work for a little while, and then the video would get messed up. Not how I like to treat my board.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's actually a Rev 1. After I removed the relay everything powered up fine. Played FFWA for an hour with no problems other than Tsugumi(?) kicking my ass.

During the boot initialize screen the text is a little shaky so a little more juice would be better. I'm guessing the SC300 would be a better choice if they can be found.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
From my experience using the weak SW300, I would say proceed with caution. Word used to be on these boards that you need the auxiliary power line connected on the Rev 1. I'm not sure if I'm ready to throw all that old wisdom by the wayside, especially considering the way I've seen the video get messed up.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The video only get's messed up if there isn't enough +5v current and there's also no need for the aux line on a Rev 1, it doesn't pull that many amps.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hmm that is interesting. So maybe the SC200 is 32 watts instead of 25 that the label says. If it is a 32 watt PSU then it can go to it's full max of +5v@4A AND +12v@1A. Interesting, good thing I got a shitload of them still.