Do you think the home page for this site should be updated?

Update the home page?

• Fo Sho

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • Nah Bra

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • I could not care less about this

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
whoaaa.

anyways, I'm still serious about this. I've already started prototyping a site.

I'll post a screen shot (hopefully) by tonight.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Why does it matter who actually does the job? I mean, as long as the job gets done, then who cares.

But besides that, its open to anybody and considering that I know CSS, general web coding, some php and took computer engineering a few years back at humber. Plus I know my way around flash, photoshop, fireworks etc. I think I would do just fine. Not to mention im not really down with the whole wordpress trend, sure its easy and very customizable, but has a very generic look to it, every webpage that I ever built, I built and designed myself.

Learn to separate personal opinion from what somebody can potentially do.

Besides, its only a front page and most of the links on the side panel have become obsolete making the task that much more direct.

Fuck it, I dont even know who I am speaking to with all the name changes.

I didn't mean you would do a bad job,i'm sure you have the skills needed.
I was more worried about you doing the design itself not just the work.Also i believe we would have to hear untill the end of days how you were the one doing all the work to redesign this place.
It could very well be that I am completely wrong.
So don't take it so personal all the time.

You know who i am genius.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Just to show I kept my word.

credit to Dandy-J for the logo.

WIP, obviously, but it's a start.

proto1j.jpg

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
In all honesty, I don't like that logo.

And if I were Shawn, I probably wouldn't hand you the keys to the site. The only reason anyone has to trust you is your word, and on the internet, that ain't worth much. Don't take it personally, it's just how it is.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Radovan Karadžić;3035766 said:
In all honesty, I don't like that logo.

And if I were Shawn, I probably wouldn't hand you the keys to the site. The only reason anyone has to trust you is your word, and on the internet, that ain't worth much. Don't take it personally, it's just how it is.

I agree with radovan,don't like the new logo either but that's a matter of taste.

Fett

Camel Slug
I could care less about the non-forum sections of the site, but I agree that if any changes are made it should be in the style of the shop site for the sake of consistency.

Also, tired of looking at this:
logo.jpg

Grandmaster B

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Personally, I think the site should not be redesigned. I've gotten used to it and it looks more "old school" than the polished Neo Store.

But some new content (artworks etc.) from time to time would be good.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I agree, maybe put a tab at the top for "Old School" and "Modern", let the user choose the theme.