Dip switches?

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
im kind of confused with how to use the dip switches. Ex. For Samurai Showdown, i want to turn on dip switch code 2-6. Do i turn on #6 in the second set of dip switches? Do i turn on everything from 2 to 6? :help:

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
here ya go 2-6 =
00000000 00000100

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
here ya go 2-6 =
00000000 00000100

i could of sworn i tried that in my randomized attempts last night :lolz:

i guess ill try again.

Also, do they have to be turned on at specific times depending on the switch function?

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
i assume in the unibios at boot?

Hard dip setting on the motherboard.

**Edit** Are you trying to lock the timer at 98 + get infinite health?

Last edited:

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
He's talking about soft dips, not hard dips.

Was thinking he meant MVS.

debug.png

Just turn on Dip 2, position 6 to a 1. This is assuming you have the Unibios.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Yeah so was I, but they are soft dips and not hard dips(physical dips 1-8 on side of motherboard)

I need to do a search and find a guide on what cool stuff you can unlock using those, the dev stuff on MSX was pretty cool. Its been years since I've touched them.

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
http://www.neo-geo.com/snk/dipcodes/dipcodes.html <- here you go, debug dipswitch info
http://www.randomhoohaas.flyingomelette.com/MetalSlug-MissingInAction/MSAction-debugmenu.htm <- metal slug debug menus (metal slug 2 onwards) - great fun :-)

I just worked out a fun one on Fatal Fury Special (if i remember right) - so you can get the game to give u an alt character select screen - easy way to play Ryo in arcade mode... will post it later when i have a mo'

yes they do need to be turned on at specific times to enable certain functions - but certainly most of the time just dying and returning to the title screen and starting a game will make most work as expected... and remember if you are in the Unibios you need to set the "disable" field to enable for most things to work as expected I believe...

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Cheers :)

edit: so much cool hidden stuff in the slug series! nice site!

Last edited:

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
Hard dip setting on the motherboard.

**Edit** Are you trying to lock the timer at 98 + get infinite health?

yes, i would like to have a practice-like mode. Although, i have found that simply enabling some cheats has the same end result.

i will go try your suggestions. will report back!

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
For King of Fighters 98':
00100100 00000000

stops timer and both players invincible :) pretty good for practising bashing up the CPU for ages

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
kernow; yea those practise levels are great fun to check out, apparently theres an insane tonne of stuff in MS X if you have that one :) (only got 1 & 2 here)

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Here's that Fatal Fury Special Debug Dip:

00010000 00000000 ENABLE

Put these in at the how to play screen and you'll be presented with a different char select screen (using their energy bar pics as selections) letting you select RYO in arcade mode and -any- opponent

enjoy :)

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Huge update to the debug dipswitch list on the Wiki - found a few treasure troves of info on Japanese websites with debug dips for games that I hadnt seen listed anywhere else, also made it all htmlified so u don't have to squint to look at it anymore, enjoy! :)

http://www.neo-geo.com/wiki/index.php?title=Neo-Geo_Big_List_of_Debug_Dipswitches

Raz; there might be a couple you could implement as cheats in next unibios update in there btw

PS the puzzle bobble ones are rather cool (level select + funky weird mixed pb/BAM mode)

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I can't seem to get that PB arkanoid cheat to work.

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
hey m8 - all i've been able to get it to do so far via this is set the game to be in Bust a Move mode - but with the puzzle bobble title logo+ the BAM music+ingame gfx.

The way i set it was to set dip 1-1 w. dev set to "enable", lose a game and do not continue, press start at title and set 2-3 and remove 1-1 on the debug dip info screen then hit D. it will put u back into a round, die again and don't continue, on returning to the title screen you'll see the effect of the dip code :)

would be hilarious if Arkanoid is buried in there somewhere tho *Grin* It may just be an in-joke tho by Taito...

http://shinjuku.cool.ne.jp/kagami007/dm0028.JPG <- ingame debug dip menu shot.

obviously - this does mean that people with a Puzzle Bobble cart can now play BAM with the actual BAM gfx by setting the system region to USA / Arcade and debug dip 2-3 on :-) the reverse is prob true too...

there is no ending in BAM mode tho when playing on a Puzzle Bobble cart - just checked...

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Nice work! wtf is arkanoid type game.

/me read.

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
ta m8 :)
after reading up about this a bit more i reckon its the way you activate the original 'beta' of the bust a move game, hidden inside the Puzzle Bobble cart - i think Billy Pitt talks about it on his proto-page