I need confirmation that my Bust a move again is a boot

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
I just received a copy of Bust a move again. From the look at the PCB, I'm sure it's a boot, I just need confirmation from the members here to point it out to the seller. They look nothing like the PCB at http://mvs-scans.com/index.php/Bust-A-Move_Again

The window on the the 2 lower chip seem to be a dead give away. I'm pretty sure the seller didn't know. I just want to point it out to him so that he can either issue partial refund and I keep the boot or I send him back the cart with a full refund.
bustamoveagain.jpg

Last edited:

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Thanks.

Just wanted backing from trusted members before poking the seller :)

Last edited:

TheBakachan

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
The window on the the 2 lower chip seem to be a dead give away.

Not necessarily. There are plenty of legit carts with UV EPROMs in them. It's the surface-mount chips on adapter boards that are the 'dead give away'.

Surface mount memory chips, and really, adapter boards at all = NO.

But hey, if you didn't pay too much for it and it works fine, might as well keep it until you find better. BAM2 is kinda hard to find afaik.

Last edited:

MoBoRoS

n00b
Most sopies Of bust a move i have seen have toshiba chips.
What chips are on yours?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If your cart has ZERO Toshiba chips it is a boot.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
If your cart has ZERO Toshiba chips it is a boot.

It has zero Toshiba chips.

For the record, I paid $65, which is a good price for legit one, but expensive for a boot. The seller was unaware that there was bootleg MVS carts. He's a trusted seller on the Shmups forum, so I have no reason to think he knowingly sold me a boot as a legit cart. Offered him to either send me back $45 and I keep the boot or refund me the full price plus shipping and I send the cart back. I wouldn't pay more then $20 for any boot (ok, maybe I would spend $30-35 for a good Twinkle Star one).

While exchanging PM, I asked if there was any cart he could part with instead of refunding me money. He offered to send a few bootlegs carts, Metal Slug 1-2, Viewpoint and Pulstar (I assume he used mvs scans to validate that they were indeed boots this time). So basically 4 boots for him not to refund my original purchase. I took the deal as it was this or wait until he was able to sell something to pay me back. I don't have the carts yet, so if he comes through I'll be happy with the deal. Well maybe not happy, but I won't hold a grudge.

Edit: On a side note, its awfully long for my posts to be approved. My 2nd post in this thread took a week to get approved. This one around a day. I understand being the new guy and that the moderators want to be sure the newbie post are not spam, but it's fairly annoying not to be able to respond to other users in my own thread.

Last edited: