Greetings!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Matt, and I'm a retro gameaholic. Actually, I'm not that bad, but I thought I'd throw some (bad) humor into my intro post. My love of all things Neo-Geo started in the local arcade. IIRC they had a 2-slot cab with Sengoku and Ninja Combat. I remember seeing the Neo-Geo AES later in stores and wishing that I had the money to buy that.

About 15 years or so later, a friend of mine and I attended a convention called Geek Kon (great convention if you are near WI btw). In the video game room there was a Neo-Geo AES. My friend and I visited the video game room a few times and sat down and played that thing every time we were in there.

With my love for the console rekindled, and our own startup convention (Kitsune Kon) on the horizon, I decided to look into buying a Neo-Geo AES. After some research and careful consideration, I decided to buy a CMVS. I currently have a 4 slot that someone else had converted, and a 1 slot that I am converting myself. I'm not the best at building or soldering (I just learned to solder working on this thing :) ), but I am having a blast.

So, with that long winded post, very nice to meet you all!

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Cool story bud :), good luck consolizing the 1 slot, I have a couple that I'm hoping to do at some point in the future. Welcome aboard and if you need help the techy type guys here know it all :D

SniperElite

Kula's Candy
Good guy here gentlemen! Hope you are enjoying the games! Throw some pics up of your stuff; I’m sure all of us are interested!

Take care brother! :buttrock:

Always love to see retro machines and equipment in working order! Post pics! I'll have pics of my 4 slot up soon as well. :)

Welcome and nice to meet you.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Good choice going straight into MVS off the bat.

Mathius

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

I am a newer member who is also a "Matt.";) Welcome my friend!

I agree with kernow's statement, but I went the other route by getting an AES. I think they are one of the sexiest consoles ever designed. They are up there with the Super Famicom and Super Grafx IMHO.

Thanks for your replies everyone! :glee: I'll definitely post pictures (and possibly video!) at some point of both of my CMVSes at some point.

To SniperElite, thanks for the endorsement :). You probably don't need one, but thanks again for the carts. They were close to squeaky clean (I know enough to clean my carts before I do anything else with them) and work great!

To the other new Matt - welcome to you too! I will tell you that I agree with you about the AES being an awesome system, and just because I went the other way doesn't mean I like the console any less. I'm looking forward to playing the AES at Geek Kon again this year :).

TTYALL soon!

astar617

B. Jenet's Firstmate
QFT. AES is a money pit, IMHO (especially since the games are *literally* the exact same on either platform).

Good luck, and welcome.

Ricter1439

n00b
Welcome to the forums. I'm also new to the site. I just recently got my hands on a 2-slot MVS cabinet. I spent the past few weeks refurbishing it, I replaced the plexiglass, replaced all the joysticks and buttons, repainted it, got the marquee lit back up and am currently waiting for an eBay purchase of 5 orginal mini-marquees.

James

Egg Shen

n00b
Nice to meet you. I'm new here as well and just picked up a MVS 2 slot cab. This forum has been a gold mine so far!