New MVS owner and member, With Some questions.

Pringles

n00b
Hi guys, my name is Pringles, and I'm a new forum member, and more recently, the owner of an awesome 4-25. I thought I'd take this post for an introductory and also try to learn a bit about my cab/Neo-Geo's in general. I'm really new to the arcade machine sceen, and i dont know much of anything, yet. But, I'll give it a go, and hope to get some knowledge. Here she is, My 4 slot beauty. For it's age, I think it's in pretty good shape.
2nuta51.jpg

It functions beautifully, but there are a few things I'd like to ask about.

MECHANICALLY:

1. Marquee lights. I've done some lurking and I know there is a lot of trouble with them. None of the bulbs seem to be working, and I'm not sure if it's faulty bulbs, bad connection, wiring issues, Ect. If they are bad, as they probably are, can they be fixed/replaced?

2. Credit counters Whatever bar/arcade this used to be in seems to have installed an after-market CPO right over them, But when I open the CP, there is nothing on/around them. no wires leading to them or anything else. Is this normal?
1fid79.jpg

3. Headphone jacks/Memory card reader I have no memory card to test it, but I can't seem to get the headphones to go either. I've adjusted the headphone vol, control on the board, with no results.

4. Bust-A-Mov-EEIIIGGHH!! Yeah. On the boot screen/attract screen for Bust-A-Move, while it does its little song on the title screen, I get this loud high pitch static sound. It only happens on that and not during game play/other games. This makes me think a cart issue?

5. Monitor bend On the upper half of the monitor there seems to be a bending in the image, which is really visible in test mode. what could cause this, and what would be the fix?
29atwds.jpg

6. Loose wires/WTF? OK, just inside the coin mech door there are some loose wires, that i can't seem to find a home for. any ideas? Also, on the monitor adjustments, shouldn't there be more dials, like for the colors, etc?
29by910.jpg

25pldux.jpg

COSMETICALLY:

1. Black sides Now I've never seen an original cab look like this, which leads me to believe it's been painted. But, It doesn't look as though someone painted right on the fiberboard, it looks almost...vinyl-y. It's VERY similar to the black near the base of the cab. This is whats made me most confused about it. Well, Unless this is a super rare, limited edition black cab, I'd like to restore it back to it's big-redness. I'm really torn up about it, though. I'm afraid if i strip that black crap, and paint, it will look like terribly-painted fiberboard crap. Is there a way to replace the color with vinyl-sheeting? I would really like this cab to bee great looking, but I'm not very experienced with cab painting in the least bit.

2. CPO I'd love to replace that thing with the classic pinstripe CPO, but i was wondering; Is that plexi-glass supposed to be there? Did the original CPO sit under it, or did it adhere on, Galaga style?

3. Front panels/kick board The original vinyl/decal is beat to hell, and had s huge hole in it for a lock, as do the black sides. Do I strip it and paint it, same as the sides? what about holes/nicks on the other black vinyl areas? can they be filled and touched up with paint?
basg2.jpg

4. Coin Door/Metal bits How do I deal with the wear/rust on the coin door and parts of the CP? Spray paint? what do you recommend?

I know it’s a lot, but I know the fine folks of Neo-Geo.com are helpful, and knowledgeable enough to really help me, and my cab, out. A big thanks in advance!