I wanna see your stick

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
So I've finished up my joystick. This took much longer than I expected.

Custom art was done by me. I'm a big fan of Jedah from Darkstalkers. And one of my favorite attacks is his Prova=di=Servo super (The one where he slits his wrist, a huge hand of blood comes up from the ground, grabs the opponent, slams them into a contract in blood, and he sucks their soul into his chest). So the joystick is coming out of his chest and the buttons are the bloody signature on the contract.

It's pixelated, but that was done on purpose. I'm a big fan of pixel artwork.

The plex was a pain in the arse to cut. The first sheet I busted. The second sheet went much better. I've filed the edges down for the most part, but there is still just a bit more finishing work I need to do.

If I could give any tip to aspiring joystick modders, it would be patience. Don't rush and research a lot. I think it came out great for my first mod.

DSCN0547.jpg

DSCN0546.jpg

looks good, but not sure how big of a fan I am of that button arc? That is comfy?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
looks good, but not sure how big of a fan I am of that button arc? That is comfy?

Ya know, before I did this mod I wasn't sure how I would like it. After testing this configuration out for a few hours it surprisingly works well. The tilt to the left compliments the right hand's natural tilt inward. If that ever gets uncomfortable, I can always go to the right six buttons for a more normal layout.

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm not even going to say who's I like best because, quite frankly, they're all awesome. Well done, everyone! NICE.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Looking sweet. I'll meet ya online later to give the stick a workout.

Also, how hard is it to mod a Dreamcast Green Goblin? Mine has been sticking on me ever since I got it back in 99' and I'd love to mod it with Sanwa parts, but keep it as a DC stick, because I still love to play it once and awhile.

It's definitely not the easiest. There's a lot of plastic that you have to get rid of, and I think most people even take part of the Sanwa mechanism out so that the pole gets enough height. The buttons holes are too small, too, so you need to sand or dremel them down (up?) to 30mm. It's definitely not something I'm comfortable doing - I bought mine off of DecipticonZero, who said it was a huge bitch to do. I swapped out the buttons, and even that was a bit of a task.

Curt

apostate
I finished up this one today, I'm really happy with it.

Madcatz Xbox 360 Joystick
SANWA Buttons and Stick.
The girls I used from (Some of my favorite drawings) are Chobei, Athena, and Poison. (I Named them that and didnt realize they were from games until later)

Very happy with how it came out, and it plays like a dream. So far I've tested it on Deathsmiles, Garou, and Street Fighter II, and it's silky smooth. Love it.

30rodvr.jpg