I wanna see your stick

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Modded MadCatz SE. New Sanwa JLF and buttons/plugs. Removed the overlay and polished the metal.

I intentionally went this route because it reminds me of the Dreamcast Agetec....despite it's "genericness".

its not cool unless it has scantily clad underage anime girls on it!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Thanks! Yeah I lacquered the battop to go with the case :)

Congrats on having a seriously awesome looking stick.

On an unrelated note, has anyone used one of these hori sticks for the Wii? It looks kinda cheap, but I'm thinking of picking up Capcom vs Tatsunoko and figured this may a decent option and can prolly use it for some VC shmups too.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Congrats on having a seriously awesome looking stick.

On an unrelated note, has anyone used one of these hori sticks for the Wii? It looks kinda cheap, but I'm thinking of picking up Capcom vs Tatsunoko and figured this may a decent option and can prolly use it for some VC shmups too.

I don't own that Wii stick but from what I've heard its a real bitch to mod. So if you don't mind the stock Hori parts I'm sure it would be fine.

The Mad Catz Tatsunoko vs. Capcom stick is just like the SF4 SE stick only the stock Mad Catz parts are supposedly better. And if you wanted to mod it, it would be a fairly simple process.

mannerbot

New Challenger
The microswitches in the TvC stick are the same ones (Omron) that Sanwa uses. So yes, it's higher quality than the SE stick. And neo moe, at that price why not just buy the TvC stick from Amazon? $68.56 so less than $9 difference for a much better stick.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
thanks for the info guys, good to know. Plus, looks like it costs just a little bit more, so that's probably the way to go.

Not really important, but do you know if it is easy (or even possible) to swap out the artwork?

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
What site do you guys go to for sanwa parts? I wanna mod my Madcatz PS3 stick and Hori EX2 360 stick.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
The Mad Catz Tatsunoko vs. Capcom stick is just like the SF4 SE stick only the stock Mad Catz parts are supposedly better. And if you wanted to mod it, it would be a fairly simple process.

I'm not a stick nerd, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I can vouch for this. I bought one a week or so ago (foolishly, but whatever), and it's a nice little stick. It feels really solid and well made. Well worth the $90, anyway.

That's a sweet fucking stick, soulji5. Did you make it yourself or have someone else do it? If so, who?

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
nfitmv.jpg

I have an HRAP for PS3 and PC. The purty stick was made by x9.

I've got another box on the way similar to the MS stick that I plan to wire up for neo.

This thread needs more Deuce ;)

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
Hori Ex2 Soul Calibur IV edition for the 360. I was actually debating on picking up a couple of molex connectors and setting it up for use on my System 246.

I'd post a picture, but it's not very impressive... What you wouldn't see is the OBSF-30s and the Sanwa stick added. There's also about 5 washers that move the metal base of the hori away to give clearance to the Sanwa stick.

On someone elses suggestion, I had an 8 way gate on it - this is completely silly, I thinks. Went back to the standard square. I suppose it depends on your play style (or fanboy-ness), but the 8 way is not really beneficial in any game that requires you to "sweep" (ie 236A, qcf, etc) rapidly (aka any game that doesn't have SFIV's extremely loose controls where a double 360 counts as 26236236 or down, up, qcf, qcf).

I'm sure someone will call me all sorts of names for the comment above, but it's really preference. I was playing fighting games on square gates before most "fightstick modders" decided they were a critical requirement.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I've never used an octo gate personally, but from what I've heard they increase the throw on a JLF really badly, so I'm not interested. As long as you don't ride the gate theres nothing wrong with a square gate.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
All sanwa, except the last two buttons on the end.. they're semitsu.

photo0013rs.jpg

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I've never used an octo gate personally, but from what I've heard they increase the throw on a JLF really badly, so I'm not interested. As long as you don't ride the gate theres nothing wrong with a square gate.

I don't play fighters at all anymore :lolz:
If I did I wouldn't use the 8 way gates. I've grown fond of the 8 way gates recently for shooters and action side scrollers for some reason.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
*shudders*....I guess it gets the job done. All stock/crappy Hori parts here.

I use AH2 stock as well. The buttons are nothing to shout about but the stick is sanwa and I use it for shmups where button quality matters little.

As for fighters, the neo sticks will suffice for me.

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
tekken_6_arcade_stick.jpg

I got this one recently, it's pretty shit but it was so cheap I had to buy it. Cost me €40 in a bundle with Tekken 6. I plan on modding it whenever I get the time and money.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
You've probably seen it from a commercial. I don't remember which place it's for though. Churches Chicken maybe?
Nonono, I mean that exact animation, with the rainbow background and chiptune music and all. I've seen it posted in a few random places with no explanation.