I wanna see your stick

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
and no, not in that manner. (I at least got your attention) I wanna see what type of fight sticks you guys use, pros/cons and the whatnot, especially since EVO is right around the corner. I also wanna see if anyone has one with a cool-ass mod job.

I myself use a modded Marvel stick. I added mechanisms to make my buttons click (I was spoiled on HAPP from my childhood) with a octagon gateway. I only use this to play Tekken 6 as I can't really do shit with it on SSF4 for some reason. :(

ef98e6d9.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
31TsA3E7zGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

*shudders*....I guess it gets the job done. All stock/crappy Hori parts here.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
namco-stick.jpg

For use on PS1, PS2, or PC/PS3 with PS2->USB adaptor.

One of the best stock sticks I've used, I had one before and modded it with a Sanwa JLF and buttons, but although it was nice I just ended up getting another mint boxed version of this instead. Great for GGPO. Only other sticks I have are on cabs and they are Seimitsu LS-32-01's.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Oldstyle for Neo.

Other than that, I use my trusty ascii stick for all other consoles:

joy038.jpg

Still my fave. Super-short stick way, micro switches, responsive buttons and sturdy as hell, use it since years and it still works like a charm.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
hori-ex2-arcade-stick.jpg

only mod is an octagonal sanwa gate.

i use seimitsu ls-32s, sanwa jlfs, and happ super 8 ways on my cabs.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Neo Geo Fight Stick 3

neostickougi.jpg

I know it's a little problematic for Street Fighter games, but I've never gotten used to 6-button layouts. I just don't have 6 fingers to keep track of all the buttons in the heat of a fight...

(I set up the controls to play KOF style in Street Fighter... :D Works for me.)

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
love that foot print idea.
very neat.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
668f51f1.jpg

Tekken 5 stick with all Sanwa parts in it, thinking of switching to a Seimitsu cause ls 32s are the jam. carbon fiber vinyl on it. Lighting in the pic is weird, all stuff is pink.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
That Converse stick is awesome. Sweet concept. And I agree with rarehero, the foot print on the bottom is a nice touch.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
finalefake.jpg

originally a soul calibur II playstation 2 joystick (hori parts)
modded with sanwa buttons / stick
then i bought it and re-modded the thing again (art,buttons)
that soul calibur II illustration was truly shitty

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
As of now, I still have a Neo Stick 2. If I were living at home, where all my old gaming stuff is, I'd probably have replaced it with an HRAP by now.

neostickougi.jpg

I know it's a little problematic for Street Fighter games, but I've never gotten used to 6-button layouts. I just don't have 6 fingers to keep track of all the buttons in the heat of a fight...

(I set up the controls to play KOF style in Street Fighter... :D Works for me.)
Actually, for me it has been problematic for SNK games as well. Thought my Neo Stick 2 would be fine when I bought KOF XII, and ended up being basically unable to play it until I replaced it with a real stick. What a disappointment.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Thanks to Tonk we have this baby in the house.(neo geo)
DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

lions3

Igniz's Servent
So far i've made 2 custom sticks both originally for SFIV (it's what got me back into arcade stuff again). Sorry for the bad pics. It seems i'm too busy playing to actually break out a nice camera.

Here's my first stick. Happ buttons and Sanwa stick using a I-PAC.
stick1.jpg

And here's my 2nd stick for my brother after his last tour in Iraq. All Sanwa parts and a Madcatz 360 pad hack. Sorry, I couldn't find a finished photo.
stick2.jpg

+ artwork
stick2art.jpg

So now i'm thinking my next stick will be an all black neo stick. Should it be 4 or 6 button. hmmm...

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I have many long sticks. Chicks dig them. Err...

This first one is a custom stick my dad helped me build. It's for the PS3 using a Chulhu board, with a Seimitsu LS-32-01 stick and PS-14-GN buttons.
first.jpg

The second one I don't actually have any longer, as it was a gift for Slerch. It's for the Xbox 360 with a hacked MadCatz controller inside. Same stick and buttons as above.
secondstick1.jpg

A friend modded my old DC stick, which had always been garbage as the stick got stuck all the time, with a Sanwa JLF and Seimitsu PS-14-G buttons.
dcstick4.jpg

Supports both Dreamcast and PS1/2 through custom made cables.
dcstick5.jpg

This one is an LS-32-01 with PS-14-G buttons. For all those Cave shmups on the Xbox 360.
sfivmodded1.jpg

VSHG with PS-14-G buttons (my favourite button, y'all) instead of the Sanwa ones. The funky looking ball-top has since been replaced with a yellow one, and an octagonal restrictor has been added to the stick as well.
vshgmodded.jpg

I prefer an LS-32-01 for shmups and a JLF with octo gate for fighters, so I have both types for each current gen console. The JLF with octo gate one for the 360 is still under development though. I also have a Namco stick somewhere, but I can't find it. I have no real use for it though, anyway.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
My main 360 stick.

20261131643203719014223.jpg

Recently upgraded to a tekken 6 wireless pcb.

My Neo Stick

73241040402146751172647.jpg

Last edited:

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Also: It's good to see that people here generally have some good sticks, with real arcade parts either by default or through modding. Much, much better than using standard sticks with crappy knock-off parts. I shudder at the thought of using my DC stick pre modding.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
My neo fighter/jamma shooter stick. seimitsu stick/buttons.

stick2.jpg

lions3

Igniz's Servent
probably going to order parts from Lizards here soon for a neo stick. What's everyone's opinion on sanwa versus seimitsu buttons? In the past i've only really used sanwa.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I much prefer Seimitsu buttons. OBSF-30s are way too sensitive; they activate almost the second you even look at them. In contrast, you can rest your fingers on Seimitsu PS-14-G and GN buttons. I really like the plane plunger on the PS-14-G as well.