Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I wanna see your stick

There Can be Only One SetaSouji??'s Avatar

I wanna see your stick

and no, not in that manner. (I at least got your attention) I wanna see what type of fight sticks you guys use, pros/cons and the whatnot, especially since EVO is right around the corner. I also wanna see if anyone has one with a cool-ass mod job.

I myself use a modded Marvel stick. I added mechanisms to make my buttons click (I was spoiled on HAPP from my childhood) with a octagon gateway. I only use this to play Tekken 6 as I can't really do shit with it on SSF4 for some reason.

Just another day...

Hinako's Cook

*shudders*....I guess it gets the job done. All stock/crappy Hori parts here.
    SHAME TO THIS WEAKNESS MODERN WORLD

Modded with Sanwa buttons.

Every day is like Sunday kernow's Avatar

For use on PS1, PS2, or PC/PS3 with PS2->USB adaptor.

One of the best stock sticks I've used, I had one before and modded it with a Sanwa JLF and buttons, but although it was nice I just ended up getting another mint boxed version of this instead. Great for GGPO. Only other sticks I have are on cabs and they are Seimitsu LS-32-01's.

Oldstyle for Neo.

Other than that, I use my trusty ascii stick for all other consoles:

Still my fave. Super-short stick way, micro switches, responsive buttons and sturdy as hell, use it since years and it still works like a charm.
    Join the Family

Check out my new tracks:

Stubbeat | Kaffeemann | Silber | Taktgeber | Up | 85N40 | Rockets Are Go | Konstrukt 2 | Three | Erratic

Listen and comment to my tracks on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/lightmanraygun

only mod is an octagonal sanwa gate.

i use seimitsu ls-32s, sanwa jlfs, and happ super 8 ways on my cabs.
    home cart serial #242177

I'm Settling in Fine.
    Want a Beer?

Here's my "other" Sticks...

Xbox/PSN Gamer Tag: Wizshaw

Starcraft 2 GamerTag: WizShaw Character Code: 323

A man is a philosopher of genius only when he succeeds in transmuting the primitive and wholly natural vision into an abstract idea belonging to the common stock of consciousness.

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman

Neo Geo Fight Stick 3

I know it's a little problematic for Street Fighter games, but I've never gotten used to 6-button layouts. I just don't have 6 fingers to keep track of all the buttons in the heat of a fight...

(I set up the controls to play KOF style in Street Fighter... Works for me.)

There Can be Only One SetaSouji??'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zenimus View Post
    How do you do your ultras?
    Just another day...

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman

Quote Originally Posted by TougaKiryuu View Post
    How do you do your ultras?
    I use the bottom L1 and L2 buttons as PPP and KKK. They're right near my thumb, so they're fairly easy to get to when I need them.

Beast Buster

Playstation 3

AES # 060127 JPN
    NGPC # 0286305 US & 0882511 JPN

--------------------

Rotterdam Nation Resident
    They call me Quiet. But I'm a Riot. Mary-Jo-Lisa. Always the same. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name.

Steers&Queers

love that foot print idea.
    very neat.

All About Shooters Thread Mod. If you fuck with me, I'll step on you.

Tekken 5 stick with all Sanwa parts in it, thinking of switching to a Seimitsu cause ls 32s are the jam. carbon fiber vinyl on it. Lighting in the pic is weird, all stuff is pink.

Formerly Megatron2929 IsamuBlue's Avatar

That Converse stick is awesome. Sweet concept. And I agree with rarehero, the foot print on the bottom is a nice touch.

originally a soul calibur II playstation 2 joystick (hori parts)
    modded with sanwa buttons / stick
    then i bought it and re-modded the thing again (art,buttons)
    that soul calibur II illustration was truly shitty
    Last edited by Fran; 06-10-2010 at 07:02 AM.

As of now, I still have a Neo Stick 2. If I were living at home, where all my old gaming stuff is, I'd probably have replaced it with an HRAP by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenimus View Post

I know it's a little problematic for Street Fighter games, but I've never gotten used to 6-button layouts. I just don't have 6 fingers to keep track of all the buttons in the heat of a fight...

Actually, for me it has been problematic for SNK games as well. Thought my Neo Stick 2 would be fine when I bought KOF XII, and ended up being basically unable to play it until I replaced it with a real stick. What a disappointment.

lord of the coffee shop. fatson's Avatar

Thanks to Tonk we have this baby in the house.(neo geo)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    Could somebody in Belgium walk over to the fence and yell at Ratson to come back here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

NAM-75 Vet

So far i've made 2 custom sticks both originally for SFIV (it's what got me back into arcade stuff again). Sorry for the bad pics. It seems i'm too busy playing to actually break out a nice camera.

Here's my first stick. Happ buttons and Sanwa stick using a I-PAC.

And here's my 2nd stick for my brother after his last tour in Iraq. All Sanwa parts and a Madcatz 360 pad hack. Sorry, I couldn't find a finished photo.

+ artwork

So now i'm thinking my next stick will be an all black neo stick. Should it be 4 or 6 button. hmmm...

I have many long sticks. Chicks dig them. Err...

This first one is a custom stick my dad helped me build. It's for the PS3 using a Chulhu board, with a Seimitsu LS-32-01 stick and PS-14-GN buttons.

The second one I don't actually have any longer, as it was a gift for Slerch. It's for the Xbox 360 with a hacked MadCatz controller inside. Same stick and buttons as above.

A friend modded my old DC stick, which had always been garbage as the stick got stuck all the time, with a Sanwa JLF and Seimitsu PS-14-G buttons.

Supports both Dreamcast and PS1/2 through custom made cables.

This one is an LS-32-01 with PS-14-G buttons. For all those Cave shmups on the Xbox 360.

VSHG with PS-14-G buttons (my favourite button, y'all) instead of the Sanwa ones. The funky looking ball-top has since been replaced with a yellow one, and an octagonal restrictor has been added to the stick as well.

I prefer an LS-32-01 for shmups and a JLF with octo gate for fighters, so I have both types for each current gen console. The JLF with octo gate one for the 360 is still under development though. I also have a Namco stick somewhere, but I can't find it. I have no real use for it though, anyway.
    Last edited by Kristian Meller; 06-10-2010 at 10:07 AM.

Enemy Chaser

My main 360 stick.

Recently upgraded to a tekken 6 wireless pcb.

My Neo Stick

Last edited by DecepticonZero; 06-10-2010 at 10:18 AM.
    Come chat!

Also: It's good to see that people here generally have some good sticks, with real arcade parts either by default or through modding. Much, much better than using standard sticks with crappy knock-off parts. I shudder at the thought of using my DC stick pre modding.

FFS. Just stop the whining already.
    It's fuckin boring.
    xROTx

My neo fighter/jamma shooter stick. seimitsu stick/buttons.

Blizzard: skink#1157 | Steam: frenshi | GoPanda2: frenshi

NAM-75 Vet

probably going to order parts from Lizards here soon for a neo stick. What's everyone's opinion on sanwa versus seimitsu buttons? In the past i've only really used sanwa.

I much prefer Seimitsu buttons. OBSF-30s are way too sensitive; they activate almost the second you even look at them. In contrast, you can rest your fingers on Seimitsu PS-14-G and GN buttons. I really like the plane plunger on the PS-14-G as well.

Thread Information