Mothman ate my underwear

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
As long as the surface is flat/level, the Bandersnatch stands fine, even with that huge arm--if you put him on an unlevel surface with the arm pointed in the wrong direction, he topples quite easily. Without that transparent stand, there's no way he'd ever stand on his own.

Terror Tank was another one I always wanted when I was a kid too, but never had. I had K.O. Kruiser (one of the other Monster Minds, a truck with a wrecking ball plant appendage), and my younger brother had Armed Force, the leader of the Wheeled Warriors with the golden claw appendage.

megashock_330

Zero's Secretary
cool stuff man :mr_t:

but ummm...i gotta ask...

how do u find time 2 do all this stuff?? :conf:

is this part of ur job? do u make char model's for video game's or something??

@M

20 Year Member
No, it's not a job or anything, just a hobby/for fun. I usually don't sculpt everyday, and when I do work on one it's usually only for a few hours or so at a time. Occasionally I can finish a sculpture in one sitting, particularly if it's a relatively simple one, but generally the work gets spread out over several days/sessions. Although it might appear otherwise, I spend time doing lots of other things besides sculpting.

------------------------------------------------------------

Skull Lord (Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition)

DD4_slord.jpg

slord3.jpg

More info:
http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/skull_lord.html

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
DeadPixels: A guy I know over at Spawn.com requested I make Domingo, and seeing as how I'm currently playing the GBA remake, I was in the right mind-set for it, so I did. I might make some more Shining Force characters, there's a lot of cool designs in the game.

Are the characters you mentioned from the second Genesis game? I recognize the Gizmo name, but not the others. I only have, and have played all the way through, the first Shining Force.

A Bandersnatch from Resident Evil Code:Veronica. While it looks completely tan, it's actually two shades of brown, along with a bit of green, in person--I just could not get the paint to photograph properly with flash, natural light, or a lamp.

RE_CV_bsnatch.jpg

RE_CV_bsnatch_fab.jpg

More information:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/bandersnatch.html

Awesome work on that Bandersnatch!

The characters I mentioned are from Shining Force II. If you liked the designs from the original then you'll love the ones in the sequel. There are some really nice demon designs, especially for the greater devils.

@M

20 Year Member
I've acquired a sprite sheet of all the Shining Force 2 enemies, and I agree that there are some cool looking monsters in the game. Might give it a go sometime in the future.

Warpedflash

Crazed MVS Addict
Wow these are great! I like the terror tank.. I wish i could make things like this. How long did your very first minature take to make? I would probably have cut it in half or something by mistake...

@M

20 Year Member
Thanks for the comments!

Warpedflash:

I made this mini articulated figure prototype in about 2-3 hours, back in 2007:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/minifigure_prototype.html

Granted, it's not painted or anything, and it's pretty simplistic.

The time is takes me to make a figure can vary quite a bit, depending on how complex it is, how industrious I am, etc. I think the longest I've ever spent on a single project is 15 days, and the shortest 2-3 hours, like the figure mentioned above.

Last edited:

@M

20 Year Member
While I thank you for the interest/offer, I will not entertain any offers to do commissions for licensed/copyrighted characters, only original pieces. I believe it is both illegal and unethical to profit from someone else's intellectual property without their permission/compensation.

Looked at your site and wow you're really amazing to say the least.
I didn't get to look at every last one of them (i'll do that later!)
I have to say, I really like the chocobot one.
You have a knack for it to say the least. Good work!
I'm working towards a fine arts degree in my spare time with school, and I have to say, you are a bit (or a lot compared so some people) more skilled than some of the people that claim the are artists.
Anyways, I like them.

@M

20 Year Member
Thanks for the kind words!

A lot of people seem to like the Chocobot, myself included. I made that one, along with Launch Octopus and Napalm Man.exe as entries for a robot/cyborg custom figure contest, and I placed 3rd with the Chocobot if memory serves (Launch Octopus and Napalm Man.exe didn't fair nearly as well in the voting).

I don't think I'm all that spectacular at sculpting, I belong to several sculpting forums, and there are a great many artists on those, whose work I view on a regular basis, that make my stuff look like garbage in comparison. Keeps me humble if nothing else. :mr_t:

What are you majoring in? I was only an art major for a year (illustration) in college, before I decided that wasn't what I wanted to do and switched to liberal arts, and then, finally, to biology.

Right now I'm just working on a degree in fine arts and then move on from there. That coupled with computer science is kinda tough. A small scholarship kinda helped push me in that direction and it all sort of lined up like that. I'm rolling for computer graphics to say the least.
Doesn't mean that I don't appreciate other art forms as well tho!
I'd like to see what you would do with a near limitless supply of resources.. what would come out?

And I know exactly what you mean about staying humble. :lolz:

Again keep up the good work, it's something I can't say I've seen anyone else do!

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I don't think I'm all that spectacular at sculpting, I belong to several sculpting forums, and there are a great many artists on those, whose work I view on a regular basis, that make my stuff look like garbage in comparison. Keeps me humble if nothing else. :mr_t:

Still the best on ng.com! :buttrock:

@M

20 Year Member
blackwatchplad:Well, computer art is definitely the way of the future (unless society as we know it collapses), so I think that's a smart thing to pursue in terms of employability for any future career you might wish to pursue in the field. I was just reading a fellow sculptor's blog awhile back where he got turned down at a job interview because he doesn't work in digital sculpture (Zbrush, etc.), just traditional forms. I'd encourage any art majors to learn both the traditional and electronic aspects (if applicable) of their chosen medium, rather than focusing on one or the other--it'll make you a more well-rounded artist and may very well give you the edge over the other guy/gal when it comes to landing a job/commission.

alphagamer: Thanks! It'd be cool if there were some other sculptors posting work regularly on NeoGeo.com though . . .

BTW, I dig your WTF avatar too, reminds me of an old MTV logo!

Last edited: