Ballack is out of WC 2010 - fuck you, Boateng!!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
It's official, Michael Ballack won't take part in WC 2010 due to a foot injury he received during the match against Portsmouth last Saturday where he got badly fouled by Kevin-Prince Boateng.

Boateng fucking knew what to do, eh... :very_ang: He plays for Ghana, which happens to be the very first opponent of the German team... if that ain't fishy I don't know what is.

Damn, first Adler, now this...

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
That's a blow for you to be sure, oh and yeah does seem a tad supect that the person he gets a dirty tackle off is Ghanian ;)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's official, Michael Ballack won't take part in WC 2010 due to a foot injury he received during the match against Portsmouth last Saturday where he got badly fouled by Kevin-Prince Boateng.

Boateng fucking knew what to do, eh... :very_ang: He plays for Ghana, which happens to be the very first opponent of the German team... if that ain't fishy I don't know what is.

Damn, first Adler, now this...

Ballack is a dirty player. Good riddance.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
He may be dirty, but he was a decent player. It will be a blow for the Germans :loco:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
He may be dirty, but he was a decent player. It will be a blow for the Germans :loco:

True, he was a lynch pin for their midfield in 08, but I remember he was nasty. I don't hate on the team though because they have slick players like Lahm that sweat class with their finishing.

But you know what I am talking about - the guy who wears the arm band needs to be held at a higher standard, but at the same time, he has even more pressure to dictate tempo any way he can, and Ballack knows how to dictate tempo by getting in the mud and taking the opponents with him.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Ballack is captain for a reason, he's a good game director and strategist. Yeah, he has his dark sides as a national league team player but his role and style is very different when he's in the German team, that's why it's a real tragedy that he won't be able to play.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Ballack is captain for a reason, he's a good game director and strategist. Yeah, he has his dark sides as a national league team player but his role and style is very different when he's in the German team, that's why it's a real tragedy that he won't be able to play.

Who do you think will take his place? positions and captain wise?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Who do you think will take his place? positions and captain wise?

Should have been Frings... But I figure it will be Bastian. He's very vanilla, but everyone knows him, and respects him as a player. That's a big part of being a captain.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Frings must be getting on abit now, he seems to have been about forever. I guess your right it'll probably be Bastian.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Yeah, Schweini is the man I guess. Good player but not really charismatic.

Germany will deliver a good performance with or without Ballack, that goes without saying, it's just a lil' safer with him in the team. The whole thing is more of a psychological problem than a real one, you know.

EDIT:

I read in the sports papers today that Loew has ruled out Frings as a replacement for Ballack's position and at the same time said that there will be "more to do" for Bastian Schweinsteiger without actually nominating him. Guess Loew will slightly adjust his tactics and setups and make Schweini a central broker. Sounds good to me.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, Schweini is the man I guess. Good player but not really charismatic.

Germany will deliver a good performance with or without Ballack, that goes without saying, it's just a lil' safer with him in the team. The whole thing is more of a psychological problem than a real one, you know.

EDIT:

I read in the sports papers today that Loew has ruled out Frings as a replacement for Ballack's position and at the same time said that there will be "more to do" for Bastian Schweinsteiger without actually nominating him. Guess Loew will slightly adjust his tactics and setups and make Schweini a central broker. Sounds good to me.

I'm interested in the Fifa rankings saying

Brazil
Spain
Netherlands
Italy
Germany

When Brazil and Italy have some of the most terrible call-ups. I'm not joking or being sly in saying that CdI and Portugal can knock out Brazil.

Germany is not the same team either, but I don't know if their new fresh midfield is actually something for them to worry about. The midfield for the German team has been running the team for a while, with Ballack Frings, Hitzlsperger. JLöw knew what he was doing in '08, and if not for a great move by Torres, he would have been a hero.

Klose is probably going to score well in the group stage, as usual. But then it will be Podolski and others. Mario Gomez has to make this one count, or he's out. He's been mediocre, scoring when it's not critical and a ghost when the team needs help.

I think the joke of the tournament will be Manuel Neuer, just for his name. People won't be able to let that one go.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Germany always seem to do fairly well, quite a resolute and talented squad. Can see them winning it but they should get to the quarters atleast :)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'm interested in the Fifa rankings saying

Brazil
Spain
Netherlands
Italy
Germany

When Brazil and Italy have some of the most terrible call-ups. I'm not joking or being sly in saying that CdI and Portugal can knock out Brazil.

Germany is not the same team either, but I don't know if their new fresh midfield is actually something for them to worry about. The midfield for the German team has been running the team for a while, with Ballack Frings, Hitzlsperger. JLöw knew what he was doing in '08, and if not for a great move by Torres, he would have been a hero.

Klose is probably going to score well in the group stage, as usual. But then it will be Podolski and others. Mario Gomez has to make this one count, or he's out. He's been mediocre, scoring when it's not critical and a ghost when the team needs help.

I think the joke of the tournament will be Manuel Neuer, just for his name. People won't be able to let that one go.

The ranking sounds about right, with the exception that I'd swap the last two positions. The Italians seem a little unstable to me at the moment.

Loew put Gomez in the team because of his skills of game development. On first look, it seems that the only reason he's in the team is his four goals in the UAE friendly match... that's not saying much, my grandmother could win against them too. ;) You're right, he has to show his stuff in ZA and score at least one or two times or he'll be out. Thing is, we have a number of talented players in the Bundesliga but very few with enough power for the national team, so Gomez' nomination was inevitable, at least in the current situation. The juniors are a problem... but that won't be Loew's headache anymore after ZA when he will resign (at least all signs point to it). Let's see who comes next... I want Paul Breitner!!! :D

And Neuer... he's young and highly motivated, that's all I can say, they really love him in Gelsenkirchen (Schalke).

What about his name, how does it sound in English? "Newer"? :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The ranking sounds about right, with the exception that I'd swap the last two positions. The Italians seem a little unstable to me at the moment.

Loew put Gomez in the team because of his skills of game development. On first look, it seems that the only reason he's in the team is his four goals in the UAE friendly match... that's not saying much, my grandmother could win against them too. ;) You're right, he has to show his stuff in ZA and score at least one or two times or he'll be out. Thing is, we have a number of talented players in the Bundesliga but very few with enough power for the national team, so Gomez' nomination was inevitable, at least in the current situation. The juniors are a problem... but that won't be Loew's headache anymore after ZA when he will resign (at least all signs point to it). Let's see who comes next... I want Paul Breitner!!! :D

And Neuer... he's young and highly motivated, that's all I can say, they really love him in Gelsenkirchen (Schalke).

What about his name, how does it sound in English? "Newer"? :)

Yes, it looks like it is read "newer"

which would make him man-newer.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I have a Germany obsessed half-German buddy who was telling me that Ballack is more of a liability these days since he's not getting along with many of the players (especially Podolski) and I forget who else....

Doesn't matter anyway, Netherlands are gonna walk away with it this year.
It's the right place, right time, right coaching, other soccer powerhouses are dragging their asses etc...and so much money is to be made with Holland winning the WC.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
I'd like Holland to win it but they won't, they fuck it up everytime things look decent for them :confused: