Tell me what games I should play thread.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hey, I love Cave. And there is no doubt that they have got the shooting genre down to a science. They clearly are the best at what they do (Toaplan was the best). But what good is sunshine without some darkness?

I'm not saying "play shitty games", but if your really into a genre..sometimes you need some contrast to help you put a genre in perspective...and ultimately enjoy those superior mechanics you love even more.

I need some Raizing to my Cave. I need some SNK to my Capcom. Yes...Cave and Capcom do make better games...but to shun the rest? Boring. My subjective bullshit two cents.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Hey, I love Cave. And there is no doubt that they have got the shooting genre down to a science. They clearly are the best at what they do (Toaplan was the best). But what good is sunshine without some darkness?

I'm not saying "play shitty games", but if your really into a genre..sometimes you need some contrast to help you put a genre in perspective...and ultimately enjoy those superior mechanics you love even more.

I need some Raizing to my Cave. I need some SNK to my Capcom. Yes...Cave and Capcom do make better games...but to shun the rest? Boring. My subjective bullshit two cents.

yeah i see what you're saying and I know my perspective is definitely on the extreme side.

but part of the reason I really only play cave shmups and sold off the rest is that I really don't have that much gaming time anymore. Usually just a few hours per week. so when I do play, I want to maximize my enjoyment, which is why cave is my go-to source for shmups and snk is for fighters :)

jonny5

Cham Cham's Banana
dont watch superplays....i find they just make me second guess myself and often times the strategy used is beyond my skills so its more harm than good....

i just read up on the scoring systems and play a lot till i start to get it

it also helps that a couple of the guys who come out for my meets, malik11 and SFKhoa, are godly players, so i can watch them play and pick up bits and tricks here and there, and they can often give me very useful tips...

although it is very humbling to own games and play them every day and struggle with them and then to have these guys come over and 1cc everything you got and go for sushi ...heh heh

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
dont watch superplays....i find they just make me second guess myself and often times the strategy used is beyond my skills so its more harm than good....

i just read up on the scoring systems and play a lot till i start to get it

it also helps that a couple of the guys who come out for my meets, malik11 and SFKhoa, are godly players, so i can watch them play and pick up bits and tricks here and there, and they can often give me very useful tips...

although it is very humbling to own games and play them every day and struggle with them and then to have these guys come over and 1cc everything you got and go for sushi ...heh heh

Dude, DOJ is KICKING MY ASS.

If I just play to play - no scoring, I can easily hit stage 4.

It hasnt clicked with me yet - so I'm gonna see what happens.

I forgave it for being a dick earlier and put it back in my cab.

I'm in a fucked up mood today - just want to get rid of shit.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Did sorta better

f4d9cb82.jpg

jonny5

Cham Cham's Banana
i find when i get in that kind of mood where i am actually angry at the games i have to just walk away...

playing games is supposed to be a fun and enjoyable experience....

its very easy to get frustrated playing these kinds of games, especially DOJ.....

be patient and stop and chill out if you are hulking out...

i think its good to have another game running along side DOJ so you can jump back and forth....maybe some puzzle bobble or something....something mindless you can zen out on and collect yourself before jumping back into hell with DOJ

relaxation is key for me...if im vexed, i cant play for shit

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Did sorta better

f4d9cb82.jpg
Outta curiosity, how close is DoJ gameplay-wise to DonPachi or DDP?

I'm sure if Ketsui was easier, or if you spent more time with it, your wrong opinion might change. :glee:
It may well, but frankly, I'd probably need to spend some time with some other, easier games first.

Collin, none of my friends challenge me or question me the way you do - which makes me believe that you have some hidden agenda.

None of my real life friends, or people I've met on here ever do it.

I don't know why you carry the attitude you do, or why you feel the need to step on my toes - but it needs to stop.

You have some kind of personal beef with me - call my cell.

When I'm dead fucking wrong, my friends don't act the way you do.
Mike, no hidden agenda or anything. You're trying to say my opinion for not enjoying the game is wrong - I figure you're giving me a hard time, so I'll give you a hard time. If I seriously had something against you, I wouldn't be joking around. I'm sorry if there was any real personal offense taken - I figure you were giving me a hard time, I was giving you a hard time, we were both joking around, and neither of us was taking it too seriously.