Tell me what games I should play thread.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
This game is nuts and all kinds of awesome.

I'm serious.

Last edited:

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
What're you doing to do without your fix between playing it at Kurt's, and the time yours arrives?

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
A few bucks.

Its on its way though.

for someone who's the "mvs price guide analyst" you'd think they would be more willing to divulge information of current trends in pricing for other similar goods.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
DONPACHI!

After the Galuda display, I can't play for a while...

Oh, man. good game. Kurt still has his, doesn't he? I need to go back and try that now that I've begun to appreciate Cave stuff.

You should let me take that Galuda off your hands once I've got a good cab to put it in! ;)

for someone who's the "mvs price guide analyst" you'd think they would be more willing to divulge information of current trends in pricing for other similar goods.

Sometimes you buy at market prices.

Sometimes your old shitty car breaks down when you're on vacation 1000 miles from home and you walk into the dealer and say "my car broke. I live across the country. I need a new car... like now, but I'd really rather you didn't completely fucking rape me." The sales guy smiles and says "no problem".

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Oh, man. good game. Kurt still has his, doesn't he? I need to go back and try that now that I've begun to appreciate Cave stuff.

You should let me take that Galuda off your hands once I've got a good cab to put it in! ;)

You won't be taking that Galuda any time soon.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
You won't be taking that Galuda any time soon.

Eh, no surprise. I'm sure I can find one somewhere once I need it. For as awesome as the gameplay is, I think half the appeal is the fact that the soundtrack is so :buttrock:

jonny5

Cham Cham's Banana
Oh, Cody - its kicking my ass today.

Peep the HS thread on shmups - I got a few decent runs in.

Nothing super.

yagawa....wouldnt expect anything less at this point.....
:lolz:

glad you finally got it.....

did you put your DOJ-hunt on hold?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
yagawa....wouldnt expect anything less at this point.....
:lolz:

glad you finally got it.....

did you put your DOJ-hunt on hold?

Funny you should ask.

Did a three way pay, sell, trade yesterday.

Ended up selling Galuda, but getting a DOJ sent to me.

Much better game IMO.

jonny5

Cham Cham's Banana
Funny you should ask.

Did a three way pay, sell, trade yesterday.

Ended up selling Galuda, but getting a DOJ sent to me.

Much better game IMO.

nice....everybody loves a good 3 way.....:lolz:

ya...i agree...overall, DOJ is a better game, but on the other hand, they are very different games....DOJ can be very frustrating, especially for high level play....

it can lead to 'bouts of mania'.....i know it did for me....:mad:...no hulking out buddy;)

galuda is very relaxing and i find mysel almost not even paying attention for the first couple stages

both great games to have for different reasons.....and thankfully both are under that magic price cap (<$500ish)that seem to make them easier to hold onto...for me anyways.....

i find it tough to have $500+ games sitting around not being played....but less than $500 is much easier for some reason:spock:

i dunno

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
So.... I've never been a have shmups fan, but this thread made me check out a few on youtube.

I own a copy of Last Hope for DC.... never opened it. Guess I figured it'll be a let down.

So I watched a few vids of Pork, Galuda etc... Love the Galuda music!

Then I watched a few vids of Last Hope... fuck me it looks lame in comparison.

jonny5

Cham Cham's Banana
So.... I've never been a have shmups fan, but this thread made me check out a few on youtube.

I own a copy of Last Hope for DC.... never opened it. Guess I figured it'll be a let down.

So I watched a few vids of Pork, Galuda etc... Love the Galuda music!

Then I watched a few vids of Last Hope... fuck me it looks lame in comparison.

dont open it....

and yes....if you are even mildly interested in venturing into the fine world of shmups, cave should be your first stop(and arguably your last;))....you have lots of ports across several consoles and there is always the back catalogue of a half dozen or so games playable in mame before you even have to think about throwing down on PCB's

but ya.....cave do it best....anybody who tells you otherwise is well over 40 and they are lying to you:cool: