Kizuna Encounter - PAL - NGH

CollectionKing

I may be a shill bidder. Look out.
The reason why I responded to the thread is because I have a Kizuna Encounter. I do not know whether it's real or not real. I got it back in 2001 when I was in the Marine Corps fleet, at a flea market mall in San Diego, California. Over the years I have been criticized about the game saying it's a fake or it maybe real. I do not know how the game cycle throughout the world and I do not care. But one thing is for sure is that the ones who never had the game is quick to say something is fake. Multiple sites claim that there are 15, 8, 5 of this game was made in which makes it bias. No one has a legit KE they can show except this site and you can barely see the cartridge to compare strickers. Then another guy post a link with picks saying here is the real thing (I'm not saying he is wrong) but still they are pics from a website. All I'm asking is if the owner of this site can end bias scrutiny of whats real and whats fake by providing clear HD pictures of the game so everyone can see. Not from some website. That way everyone will be on board about the validity of this game. I have never tried to sell the game or post in pics of it because I believe it would be worthless and I do not have the authenticated. I am not trying to stir anything up just getting my point across and hopefully some legitmacy on this game. Thanks.

Bskull

Crossed Swords Squire
Only if your post actually contributes to something. Otherwise, bumping threads that are close to a year old is necro'ing a thread. It does not look good for ya, especially since you have only made 3 posts.

CollectionKing

Only if your post actually contributes to something. Otherwise, bumping threads that are close to a year old is necro'ing a thread. It does not look good for ya, especially since you have only made 3 posts.
Well I'm new to the site and I thought I comment on the thread. Sorry.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Several games are known to have printing inaccuracies on the conversions, including Pulstar and Metal Slug 1 JP making them easier to spot. People are using offset printing now so its getting hard to tell just going by the artwork in some cases.

The most trusted way is to open up the cart and look at the solder points to see if they look to be done at the factory or if someone have desoldered any of the chips.

Was that a general question or do you own some specific game you are wondering about. You can always start a thread and post pics. You can also look at the roms and see if all the number match up or if some are from another title. As El Captain pointed out, that doesn't hold up 100% of the time though.

CollectionKing

Here is why I posted to the thread. I have a Kizuna Encounter apart of my neo geo collection that I purchased back in 2001. I got the game along with others that I purchased from a flea market mall in San Diego, CA when I was stationed out in Camp Pendleton. Over the years I have been told it was fake, a conversion, bootleg, whatever based on the rarity of the game and some of the same individuals tried to get from me. Now I do not know how the game cycled throughout the world, if it's fake or if it is real. I don't know. I sat on it over the years so now I just think that I should just get it authenticated. I just purchased an Ultimate 11 SSk4 (JPN Version) from a Nagayo Store inTokyo, thanks to mife wife. She's Japanese. Anyway, I rather skype the game and show it than post any pics, but If have to I will. Again I dont know if it's fake or not but at least I will know. I never opened a neo geo game before and I don't even know where to start. So I'm trying to get closure on it, and of course I'm ready for the critics.

Bskull

Crossed Swords Squire
I apologize if I offended you in any way as I just wanted to give you some advice. To answer your question, it is best to post pictures here as more people who can spot out bootlegs and conversions will be able to offer their opinions just based upon the pictures alone.

CollectionKing

Lets hear it

I apologize if I offended you in any way as I just wanted to give you some advice. To answer your question, it is best to post pictures here as more people who can spot out bootlegs and conversions will be able to offer their opinions just based upon the pictures alone.

Naah that's okay man. But like I said early, I had the game ever since 2001 and I do not know if it's real or fake. I got the game from a flea market in San Diego, CA when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA. I did some research myself and notice my game look a little bit like the game over on image shack with all the scratches on it that was originally posted in this thread. My game plays fine. It still looks almost brand new. I actually sat on this game over the years because of just that. People saying it's fake then they wanted to get from me. So I kept it and never said anything about it. Anyway, here are the pics, and critics I'm ready to hear it. :conf:

http://img189.imageshack.us/i/rimg0258r.jpg/

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Naah that's okay man. But like I said early, I had the game ever since 2001 and I do not know if it's real or fake. I got the game from a flea market in San Diego, CA when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA. I did some research myself and notice my game look a little bit like the game over on image shack with all the scratches on it that was originally posted in this thread. My game plays fine. It still looks almost brand new. I actually sat on this game over the years because of just that. People saying it's fake then they wanted to get from me. So I kept it and never said anything about it. Anyway, here are the pics, and critics I'm ready to hear it. :conf:

http://img189.imageshack.us/i/rimg0258r.jpg/

No manual? 99% fake then >.< The other 1% is the rare instances where it turns out that it's real lol. Best to just open it up and look at it.

CollectionKing

No manual? 99% fake then >.< The other 1% is the rare instances where it turns out that it's real lol. Best to just open it up and look at it.
I expected it but the manual is there. Just click on the next image two images thanks.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
I expected it but the manual is there. Just click on the next image two images thanks.

My bad, didn't notice that. Well like I said..best way to verify it is to open it or send it to Shawn, Jeff or someone else trusted on the forums to open it for you in case you're nervous about doing it.

Also compare the artwork on the cover to this....it seems a little off when compared to it

kizuna.jpg

Last edited:

CollectionKing

My bad, didn't notice that. Well like I said..best way to verify it is to open it or send it to Shawn, Jeff or someone else trusted on the forums to open it for you in case you're nervous about doing it.

Also compare the artwork on the cover to this....it seems a little off when compared to it

kizuna.jpg
Thanks.

CollectionKing

Conversion !
Not original !100% fake !

Look the sticker .... not same.

Not original. 100% fake blah blah blah. Boy you know everything. I guess you the expert on neo geo games. Oh wait! The sticker doesn't look like the one on the site. And for everyone saying that only 5 carts of the game has been made or found, none of you have any proof but from blogs and postings from other individuals and bias websites. You have very talented individuals out there who could deceive many by making fakes look real. But that's just my opinion. You can call it what you want. But until I see FTL, Shawn, or someone from SNK show me the original, then they are all fake. Including mine. And if it is a conversion, whoever did it, did a good job and with the manual as well. Besides, if you look at the links you posted of the suppose original from image shack, and the cart on the neo geo website, you can see the one from the link, colors are more distinct than the one on the neo geo site, even though both stickers look similar. Blow it up. Now you tell me if it's fake or not expert? Adobe photoshop is a wonderful tool. Costly but wonderful. Thanks for your reply.:hammer::A::B::C::D:

neoconverted

Banned
Not original. 100% fake blah blah blah. Boy you know everything. I guess you the expert on neo geo games. Oh wait! The sticker doesn't look like the one on the site. And for everyone saying that only 5 carts of the game has been made or found, none of you have any proof but from blogs and postings from other individuals and bias websites. You have very talented individuals out there who could deceive many by making fakes look real. But that's just my opinion. You can call it what you want. But until I see FTL, Shawn, or someone from SNK show me the original, then they are all fake. Including mine. And if it is a conversion, whoever did it, did a good job and with the manual as well. Besides, if you look at the links you posted of the suppose original from image shack, and the cart on the neo geo website, you can see the one from the link, colors are more distinct than the one on the neo geo site, even though both stickers look similar. Blow it up. Now you tell me if it's fake or not expert? Adobe photoshop is a wonderful tool. Costly but wonderful. Thanks for your reply.:hammer::A::B::C::D:

Pffffffff:lolz:

On your sticker , you have some differences , not just color ... but exemple :
The logo "kizuna encounter " are not like that on the original.
The caracter (ROSA) size are more big than original.

Look here and open your eyes :

http://img835.imageshack.us/f/kizunadifference.jpg/

CollectionKing

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Well, Wolf would probably be willing to come in and take a look / post a pic of his Kizuna which he bought from Shawn.

But you are going to need to take a better pic to compare to his. Not a angled view with lots of glare and fuzziness like that first pic you took.

The pic is low quality, but it does kind of look off. Take some better shots.