Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Ya I think he's just pricing them that high to make them look more legit lol.
But what is up w/ the French and their bootleg neo games? I mean goddam.
From the way most people talk, you would think Neo Geo bootlegs were one of France's chief exports. :confused:

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Is it possible??? If someone buy it from ebay because the pictures look very legit but he send bootleg to him because it's very difficult to see if you don't have legit cart to compare closely. But I thought it's very hard to buy extra rare cart from someone in ebay who may send bootleg to you :(

From now, All Extra Rare English AES

Kizuna Encounter
Ultimate 11
Metal Slug
Metal Slug2
Neo Turf Master
Stakes Winner
Ninja Master
Double Dragon
Real Bout 2
World Hero Perfect
Mark Of The Wolves
Last Blade 2

Should buy from the seller who has great reputation only ....;)

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

I asked him if its a boot or if he could open the case to prove that its real. this is what he said.

Screenshot2012-01-18at40650AM.png

Stickers. He said stickers.

I have already replied.

Last edited:

gmantle31

n00b
So what's your problem dude? I am the seller of those games. I will answer your questions here, no problem.

gmantle31

n00b
Alright, I'm already tired of all that drama.
So here is my story.
I started collecting Neo Geo AES games approx. 3 years ago. I started with Japanese games. Today I still miss only one game to complete the full set: BTG. So a few months ago I started collecting US games as well, because I thought it was cool to have both and because they were so expensive and desirable. But now I just realized it's too much money for video games and I prefer Japanese inserts anyway. I also have quite a big collection of Japanese games for other consoles such as Megadrive, Saturn, PC Engine and Superfamicom. So I think it's more consistent to stick to Japanese games for all my consoles. I decided to sell my "very big" US games on ebay.com because I'm getting attacked by stupid morrons in France who say I'm just there to buy and sell games and make a profit and because the biggest market for those games is in the US. I am a well known member of the French forum www.neogeofans.com. Some of the games I'm selling were bought from Big Al, who is a member of neo-geo.com. I went to Scotland to visit him last month and bought from him Neo Turf Masters, Ninja Master's, Ninja Commando, Stakes Winner, Double Dragon, Samourai Shodown 5, ROTD and some Japanese games as well in order to complete or improve my Japanese full set. Now I'm selling all my US games including those that I just bought from Big Al one month ago. I know it may sound a little bit crazy to some of you, but true collectors know that collecting things may involve some kind of impulsive behavior from time to time. All my games are 100% legit.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
while i am glad you responded, you still did not prove that your carts are legit. I have personally been burned before. I have had friends burned before. You know as well as i do how bad the boot situation is on that particular cart. Your 'proof' for the legitamicy of the cart is weak.

also-
You bought the cart one month ago and have immediately relisted it at an obscene price too? you are not a collector- you are a reseller. get it right.

but hey. at least your shipping is free.

Last edited:

gmantle31

n00b
You're exactly that kind of morron I was talking about. Nice to see that morrons can be found on both sides of the Atlantic.
Don't try to talk to me anymore, you won't get any answer.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
You're exactly that kind of morron I was talking about. Nice to see that morrons can be found on both sides of the Atlantic.
Don't try to talk to me anymore, you won't get any answer.

there is only one 'r' in 'moron', buddy.

remember- It was you that wanted to discuss this 'here'.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Gotta love this place! International trips to source new product, flipping it on the wild west open e market, heated exchanges...

There is a movie waiting to be written here somewhere-

-or at least an after school special!

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Some of the games I'm selling were bought from Big Al, who is a member of neo-geo.com. I went to Scotland to visit him last month and bought from him Neo Turf Masters, Ninja Master's, Ninja Commando, Stakes Winner, Double Dragon, Samourai Shodown 5, ROTD and some Japanese games as well in order to complete or improve my Japanese full set. Now I'm selling all my US games including those that I just bought from Big Al one month ago.
Interesting.. could you ask Big Al to confirm your story here? This will definitely give some credits to the stuff you're selling :cool:

firebrand

New Challenger
Nothing like a quick $23,450 to line your pockets with. /cough

As a collector, a gamer, and a long time neo fan I despise people who are out to profit off of collectors. I'd rather buy from other collectors and fans through the forums, so it sickens me to see a potential bootlegger and reseller on the forums. :(

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Nothing like a quick $23,450 to line your pockets with. /cough

As a collector, a gamer, and a long time neo fan I despise people who are out to profit off of collectors. I'd rather buy from other collectors and fans through the forums, so it sickens me to see a potential bootlegger and reseller on the forums. :(
The sellers are greedy, absolutely, but by being willing to pay 'just a little more' it's competing collectors who are validating these insane prices and setting new precedents for perceived "values". Even established forum traders' prices are increasing in response to this. The problem is the sellers are too greedy and the buyers are too generous. If neither of these change, prices will only continue to increase.

pheonixman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Alright, I'm already tired of all that drama.
So here is my story.
I started collecting Neo Geo AES games approx. 3 years ago. I started with Japanese games. Today I still miss only one game to complete the full set: BTG. So a few months ago I started collecting US games as well, because I thought it was cool to have both and because they were so expensive and desirable. But now I just realized it's too much money for video games and I prefer Japanese inserts anyway. I also have quite a big collection of Japanese games for other consoles such as Megadrive, Saturn, PC Engine and Superfamicom. So I think it's more consistent to stick to Japanese games for all my consoles. I decided to sell my "very big" US games on ebay.com because I'm getting attacked by stupid morrons in France who say I'm just there to buy and sell games and make a profit and because the biggest market for those games is in the US. I am a well known member of the French forum www.neogeofans.com. Some of the games I'm selling were bought from Big Al, who is a member of neo-geo.com. I went to Scotland to visit him last month and bought from him Neo Turf Masters, Ninja Master's, Ninja Commando, Stakes Winner, Double Dragon, Samourai Shodown 5, ROTD and some Japanese games as well in order to complete or improve my Japanese full set. Now I'm selling all my US games including those that I just bought from Big Al one month ago. I know it may sound a little bit crazy to some of you, but true collectors know that collecting things may involve some kind of impulsive behavior from time to time. All my games are 100% legit.

If you have a potential sale from someone why not open the cart and send the pictures, nobody with any sense would part with $9000 based on a picture alone on ebay, and when did MS increase by $7500 in the last three years anyway.
Why not post some pictures of your collection for everyone to see. :):)

Heath

, cheyne stoking
If you have a potential sale from someone why not open the cart and send the pictures, nobody with any sense would part with $9000 based on a picture alone on ebay, and when did MS increase by $7500 in the last three years anyway.

Well nobody with any sense would open a £5k cart if they dont know how to open it properly, things happen and if that cart label gets even a slight crease then the value goes down. fuck that.

Last edited:

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Why not post some pictures of your collection for everyone to see. :):)
A. Opening carts risks damaging the tabs that hold them together and, even if done carefully, will most likely crease the label.
B. His target buyer isn't going to be a sensible person. A passionate person, sure. But at those prices "sensible" is out the window.

[Edit] - Should have refreshed before posting as Heath made pretty much the same points. Good ones, though. :)

Last edited:

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
and when did MS increase by $7500 in the last three years anyway.

How many time did a US MS sell in the last three years? Like once or twice? There's just no way to truly put a value on something that sells that rarely.

The last US MS2 auction on ebay ended at $3600+. And that was an auction. So if people are willing to pay that much for US MS2, then US MS1 would be ... who knows, but a lot.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
I am not sure about MS on ebay in the last three years but I don't ever see MS English on ebay:oh_no:

MS2 just finished auction in ebay around 3-4 months ago at $4000 however MS is high value than MS2 and for me, it's very hard to decide to buy from ebay because of many bootleg :shame:

Last edited:

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
The sellers are greedy, absolutely, but by being willing to pay 'just a little more' it's competing collectors who are validating these insane prices and setting new precedents for perceived "values". Even established forum traders' prices are increasing in response to this. The problem is the sellers are too greedy and the buyers are too generous. If neither of these change, prices will only continue to increase.
Yes, it is clearly the victims', meaning the legit collectors', fault for all the blatant E-bay scalping and profiteering.

As opposed to... say... hoarders and flippers buying carts at exorbitant prices, only to turn around and put those same carts up for an even more exorbitant price, thereby creating a ridiculous AES cart bubble which has warped the market.

Shut the hell up.