Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
How about this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/190624573628
Despite waiting until the next day to reveal it was just a box with insert (laser printed according to his email), he's still got someone bidding 34 EUR on it. Is there really not a Kinko's in Spain?

A lot of people have a laser printer here, I guess is because is hard to get a shockbox in good shape (for the non english speakers).

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
This one was a bit suspicious:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15073170303...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648#ht_500wt_1413

Not that bad of a price for an English MSX. I asked him if he had better pictures and where he got the game. I also casually mentioned that US MSX is a commonly bootlegged game.

He pulled the auction then relisted it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...gename=ADME:B:WNARL:MOTORS:1123#ht_500wt_1413

This time claiming he got it from a flea market? I guess that's possible, but what are the chances?

He then quickly pulled that one too, and hasn't relisted it since. But then again, he could easily sell it off of ebay. So who knows.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
yea id like to see a flea market that is selling AES games, i call horseshit :/

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
LOL! I think people must think they are geting the game :)

The winner will be in for a nice suprise!
Pictures were added, the description was appended and two other bidders retracted, yet the current high bidder has raised twice since then. He can't claim to be too surprised.

He must be assuming value in the insert, but it's not even clear whether it's genuine or not. The seller doesn't mention it in the listing, and it's hard to determine from the translated email he sent me. "Hi, It's the case of the game. Only the case. The picture is make with laser. It's original" Tiny thumbnails & an insert stuck in a shock-box don't lead much credence to authenticity though IMO.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Well it doesn't make sense to me to spend 2k on a video game you're probably not even going to play but whatever.

pheonixman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I have seen what this guys sells and everything is way overpriced but I would love to know where he gets all his gear from?

I emailed him and he said he buys from this forum which makes me laugh as he then inflates the prices and sells on ebay.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That'd be dumb if it was true though. It would be more cost effective to make a new mold and produce their own since they plan to release more games.

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
That'd be dumb if it was true though. It would be more cost effective to make a new mold and produce their own since they plan to release more games.

Well until 3/4 months ago you could easily find SS3, FF3, KoF95 or KoF96 for 1.000 yen. That would probably still make it cheaper considering that they could resell the cart. Not politically correct in the Neo scene, but still better for their pockets.

Now however the average price is almost triplicated everywhere (too much saccing? 200 B2B + 150 TotC is quite a consistent amount. Add then all the other people making conversions and so on...).
Let's forget about yahoo JP where there's a user (yf1****) which is constantly bidding on them since a while (he got more than 20 in less than1 month).