Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Pretty much. It will be hilairous seeing how high ebay fees will be in five years from now.

The bullshit thing about ebay now is that they are trying to be an escrow company. My best friend just started selling on ebay and he is getting pissed because when people pay for their items ebay/paypal now holds the funds until the buyer receives their item. The part he's pissed about is that they don't even give you the shipping funds, you need to ship with your own money just to get money. He sold about 10 items and shipping total was around $75 since some stuff was a stereo and movies and games.

I went to his house and the new "guidelines" are:

At least 25 sale transactions
At least $250 in sales
At least 90 days from account opening

Once you meet all 3 then you get your money faster. Wow, I'm so glad I still have my original account from 2000.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Ebay has become too big in my opinion. I think I read a similiar story of that on racketboy, really sucks.

I really started noticing it when they bought up paypal. It is utter bullshit that they make you pay ebay fees, then pay paypal fees even though they own paypal.

Additionally, I like how you can't even leave a bad buyer bad feedback. Just good or none.

Last edited:

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Ebay has become too big in my opinion. I think I read a similiar story of that on racketboy, really sucks.

I really started noticing it when they bought up paypal. It is utter bullshit that they make you pay ebay fees, then pay paypal fees even though they own paypal.

Additionally, I like how you can't even leave a bad buyer bad feedback. Just good or none.

Yup, it really sucks. If you get an assholed buyer that say you sent a brick instead the real item, you're triple pissed. Ebay use to fail in favor of the buyer.

I really pray for Yahoo auctions becoming a real competitor as it is in Japan. Lack of real competitors is the biggest sh*t.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

You can only leave a buyer a negative if they don't pay. Because we all know that's all the buyer does, they don't try to rip off the seller by making shit up.

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
I will say this though, the neo community seems to be gravitating towards -- and accepting -- the crazy prices. The prices down in the marketplace here on the forums are just as high as eBay and often times higher (sometimes much higher!)

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
I will say this though, the neo community seems to be gravitating towards -- and accepting -- the crazy prices. The prices down in the marketplace here on the forums are just as high as eBay and often times higher (sometimes much higher!)

I've found the market place on here for MVS games pretty good. For example, tomcat has some great carts at good prices, see;

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?228963-MVS-for-sale-3rd...

What examples of high prices are you referring to?

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
What examples of high prices are you referring to?

I meant AES, should have clarified. I'm not going to point anyone specific out. But I've bought MOTW, Matrimelee, MS2 and MS4 all off of ebay within the past 4 months or so for less (sometimes a lot less) than some prices here on the forums. Not everyone's prices are high. But I do think the past month or so especially the forum prices have really trended up a lot.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I meant AES, should have clarified. I'm not going to point anyone specific out. But I've bought MOTW, Matrimelee, MS2 and MS4 all off of ebay within the past 4 months or so for less (sometimes a lot less) than some prices here on the forums. Not everyone's prices are high. But I do think the past month or so especially the forum prices have really trended up a lot.

Doesn't surprise me as the ones on ebay are usually the ones that come here.

tombou

n00b

Agreed.
I'm a newbie here on these forums, but have found many of the games and hardware as costly here as on eBay.
I've bought two AES sticks. One was bought here, but the other from eBay and was less costly.
Games, on average, have been less costly or the same price for me to buy through the Bay as well.
Since I have no feedback scores, I believe that some of my price queries on here have been responded to with 'sorry thats sold already'-- even though the ads never remove those particular carts for sale. I'm not sure if the persons are lazy or if I'm just too high risk (or both). Either way, buying here requires trust that I have not earned yet. eBay provides some protection for buyers and I've an established record there.
Buying my 2 slot was much less expensive on eBay than buying it from NGforums as well.

All that said, I'd still rather hand the same amount of money over to another enthusiast than have eBay/PayPal take their cut. :glee:

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
Agreed.
I'm a newbie here on these forums, but have found many of the games and hardware as costly here as on eBay.
I've bought two AES sticks. One was bought here, but the other from eBay and was less costly.
Games, on average, have been less costly or the same price for me to buy through the Bay as well.
Since I have no feedback scores, I believe that some of my price queries on here have been responded to with 'sorry thats sold already'-- even though the ads never remove those particular carts for sale. I'm not sure if the persons are lazy or if I'm just too high risk (or both). Either way, buying here requires trust that I have not earned yet. eBay provides some protection for buyers and I've an established record there.
Buying my 2 slot was much less expensive on eBay than buying it from NGforums as well.

All that said, I'd still rather hand the same amount of money over to another enthusiast than have eBay/PayPal take their cut. :glee:

I wont start pointing fingers but I've seen older users selling their AES stuff for prices higher than Ebay even... which kind of sucks... sure you are entitled to sell at the price you desire but you would expect people selling here, specially older users, would be aware of the problem this is and would be against this sort of things. Again it really comes down to each one's consciousness.

Last edited:

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
He doesn't even know how to write spanish nor english... imagine that cart inside...

wow conversion with a manual? fancy....
I wish I could get my hands on a kof2002 good manual or a file to print it myself... my cart just doesn't feel right without it :confused:

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
wow conversion with a manual? fancy....
I wish I could get my hands on a kof2002 good manual or a file to print it myself... my cart just doesn't feel right without it :confused:

Yeah man, I have a bunch of carts without spice... it would be nice if NGDEV sell AES shells alone, now they're making some

...This seller thinks a gameboy color worth 129 euros. XD