Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Looks like the seller is already dropping the price from 2k down to $700. Too bad it's still a raw deal, overpriced by about $500. XD

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Aye, the price is fair crashing :lolz:. Someone will be crazy enough to buy it though, there's always one :scratch:

Anselm

Camel Slug
Just goes to show how wrong and outdated the price guides are on this site. :lol:

~Anselm~

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Wow. I think that's the first time I've seen Sengoku 2001 JP went for over a grand. Didn't people used to sac them for conversions?

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Yeah, you'd think keeping stock would be one of the first things you learn when running any kind of shop lol :oh_no:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've got a WTF neo auction going to other direction... my Metal Slug Neo CD sold for a measley $27. It's my own fault for not setting a reserve, but I was gambling that no reserve would entice more potential buyers. I guess there's not much demand for the CDs these days. :crying:

Someone got a deal, I hope it was someone on the forums.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I've got a WTF neo auction going to other direction... my Metal Slug Neo CD sold for a measley $27. It's my own fault for not setting a reserve, but I was gambling that no reserve would entice more potential buyers. I guess there's not much demand for the CDs these days. :crying:

Someone got a deal, I hope it was someone on the forums.

If you've checked ebay, even the price gouging BIN listings are around $80. There is no way you could sell it for anywhere near the listed low end price on the NGCD price guide, which was last updated 4 years ago.

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
If you've checked ebay, even the price gouging BIN listings are around $80. There is no way you could sell it for anywhere near the listed low end price on the NGCD price guide, which was last updated 4 years ago.

Not to mention that price guide has to be biased. A community of collectors that has, in their best interest, the intent of driving prices down to make the games more available....... oh, I'm sure that doesn't happen.

Price is supply and demand. Someone is getting $910 worth of English suicides and fatalities.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Not to mention that price guide has to be biased. A community of collectors that has, in their best interest, the intent of driving prices down to make the games more available....... oh, I'm sure that doesn't happen.

Price is supply and demand. Someone is getting $910 worth of English suicides and fatalities.

Who's more biased? A bunch of collectors who already have the game, or some loudmouth asshole looking to make a quick buck off of Ebay?

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
Who's more biased? A bunch of collectors who already have the game, or some loudmouth asshole looking to make a quick buck off of Ebay?

Didn't mean to hit a nerve there. That wasn't my copy of SSVS that sold for $910.....

Community price guides are never at the same level as stuff that sells elsewhere. I absolutely believe there's a bias - that's my opinion, that's all.

If I honestly believed everyone here already had a copy of SSVS that could sell for a potential $910, I seriously doubt they'd set the price guide at $30 and move on. I also seriously doubt they'd set it at $910.

If you have that product and it could sell for a potential $910, you would raise it. If you don't have that product and it sold for a potential $910, you would absolutely cry out in shock and horror about the price.

Market bias can be a positive thing, too, y'know.......