Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Sefer Halilović (Xian Xi --if you refuse to deal with him over a name change a mod will stab*;3042610 said:
It would have looked really good in white.

White?!?
Bright red with 15k mcd blue LEDs is the way to go!

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Probably the best use for a N64 other than skeet shooting.

Funny how I tried out N64 emulation a little recently and the games are much more enjoyable with the cleaned up 3D graphics. It was fun to mess around with. Are the Wii versions cleaned up like Zelda Collection on the Game Cube?

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
Ouch, yea that's really low.

Is it just me or has Neo Geo stuff on Ebay really dropped in price recently? I've seen MS3 for $50 and Strikers 1945 $75 end with no bids. A Bust-a-Move again go for $90. Not a huge difference but last summer when I originally bought a lot of my MVS games it seemed things were a bit pricier.

Sefer Halilović (Xian Xi --if you refuse to deal with him over a name change a mod will stab*;3043770 said:
Damn, I feel sorry for him on this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160464684486&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

By my calculations he made about only $20 off of it, or maybe lost money from fees. His fault for putting it as an auction. That's the risk you take.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THIS SYSTEM IS THAT THERE IS A DISCOLORATION OF THE RED COLOR ON TOP OF THE SCREEN, I WILL TRY TO FIX IT, BUT CONSIDERED NOT FIXED AND AS IS, SO BID ACCORDINGLY.

Think this is why it sold for so little :)

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THIS SYSTEM IS THAT THERE IS A DISCOLORATION OF THE RED COLOR ON TOP OF THE SCREEN, I WILL TRY TO FIX IT, BUT CONSIDERED NOT FIXED AND AS IS, SO BID ACCORDINGLY.

Think this is why it sold for so little :)

Plus it must get to the point where he floods the market...

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
There's a few recently that LoupGarou did and they sold for much more if I remember correctly.
I think it has more to do with the workmanship, they dont look good at all. Nothing is ever spaced or lined up correctly. Holes are jacked up and the red paint....after a few cart insertion it's going to get all scratched up and show what's underneath.

Why get into a relatively expensive hobby if you can pay slightly more and get something that looks tons better?

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Plus it must get to the point where he floods the market...

Exactly, he must have had about 10 of these out on the bay in the last 3-4 months. They can't all go fir tons of cash.

There's a few recently that LoupGarou did and they sold for much more if I remember correctly.
I think it has more to do with the workmanship, they dont look good at all. Nothing is ever spaced or lined up correctly. Holes are jacked up and the red paint....after a few cart insertion it's going to get all scratched up and show what's underneath.

Why get into a relatively expensive hobby if you can pay slightly more and get something that looks tons better?

Yeah I agree here too. Loup put alot of time and effort into his and they came out sweet :buttrock:, jojo just seems to bash them out and alway fuckin red :scratch:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I've seen MS3 for $50
i bought mine in 2006, i think. got it from cosmicco and paid around $60. actually, i've seen quite a few carts that seem to be a lot more expensive now. last blade 1 & 2, blazing star and pulstar, for example. even some of the metal slug have gone up a bit.
i'm just glad i got waku waku 7 on the way and spent way less than the $70 that it used to go for when wanted one a few years ago.

workmanship
i didn't even notice it at first, but you're right. he could have been a little more careful, when cutting the holes for the joyports and the power switch. 15 minutes more could have made quite a difference.

@ Kern:
i'm sure it was. still crazy, though. imagine, if snk would have had tp with their logo on it ...

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
i didn't even notice it at first, but you're right. he could have been a little more careful, when cutting the holes for the joyports and the power switch. 15 minutes more could have made quite a difference.

I don't think he uses the tape method for hole plotting. I think he's just eyeballing them.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
he doesn't even seem to use a file. looks more like he used a saw to cut some slits and then a set of pliers to get rid of the material he wanted to remove.

i would understand, if it was his first one. we all had to start somewhere, but if he really made more then just a few during the past few months, then feel bad for all the cases he ruined.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Sefer Halilović (Xian Xi --if you refuse to deal with him over a name change a mod will stab*;3043850 said:
I don't think he uses the tape method for hole plotting. I think he's just eyeballing them.

Straight amateur hour.

Tape, shit... If he's mass-producing the things, even on a small scale, he should've made some basic drilling/cutting templates or jigs.

It takes only a couple of minutes and a little material, but you only have to do it once (assuming you don't screw up). The time savings on each new unit really adds up because of the cumulative per-unit time savings from not having to measure (or eyeball) the same stupid holes or cuts over-and-over again.

Last edited:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
i think so, but i didn't pay much attention, tbh. there was too much i had to read up on and i already have a few new things in the works.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Shadows man your spot on, looks like he's has afew shot of scotch and a couple of joints before getting stuck in to the component holes :oh_no:

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Shadows man your spot on, looks like he's has afew shot of scotch and a couple of joints before getting stuck in to the component holes :oh_no:

Oh god, I didnt see that pic when I looked at the auction earlier.

!BzeMfPgEWk~$(KGrHqZ,!i!Ew4-7EmPvBMWLG-1F2Q~~_3.JPG