Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Gotta love how he dresses it up by saying “conversion”. It’s a straight up boot that’s not even well done. Really low quality listing in all respects.

Personal pet-peeve how the word "conversion" has become a catch-all for all Neo bootlegs in the last few years. I have a whole section on my website dedicated to the three main types of boots to help people out when buying a "conversion" as most people have no idea what they're getting.

Shawn isn't the only culprit here - Example: NeoOldStore only sells repros now (decent ones at that), but calls them conversions.

That said, Shawn's price on Ninja Masters isn't off base for what EPROM boots go for on Ebay. You typically see these for around $250 or so in the US.

Yahoo Japan Auctions is a different story, with many of these same sellers peddling their boots for around $125-150.

Raiden328i

Not so MEGA, eh?
b30137dd95f0e2ed3e646dff8eb7e6b9.jpg

Postage a bit high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The description says it is a "convert" so I think it is safe to say it is a boot of some measure.

It's a complete bootleg, they even removed the serial number from the title screen. Anyone that supports these assholes are fucked up.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
A couple of odd NeoStore listings:

Breakers AES convert, says it was never officially released on home cart, but that only applies to Breakers Revenge.
https://www.neostore.com/Breakers-Japanese-AES-unofficial-conversion-p/1755.htm

Now this is the one that really got me. A Zintrick “conversion”, really a boot since it’s a CD to cart conversion title. Nearly $1000. For a cartridge boot of a CD title that’s no more than $300, $400 sealed for the genuine release. Crazy stuff.
https://www.neostore.com/ZinTrick-Japanese-AES-unofficial-p/1595.htm

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Yeah there's some weird things in the NeoStore. If there's people willing to buy those, more power to Shawn.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Yeah there's some weird things in the NeoStore. If there's people willing to buy those, more power to Shawn.

Perhaps, but part of the point of buying from the NeoStore and paying its premiums to begin with would be the reputation for an assurance of authenticity. When, increasingly, weird things start to appear, even if they are fairly described, it may start to cut into that reputation for relative purity a bit.

To be fair though, I think it may also reflect something about a reality of the whole trade space of late - as legit rares become even more scarce and firmly held by collectors, and a plethora of shady items continue to flood the market to satisfy nonetheless increasing demand, some of it bleeds into even the NeoStore. Can't expect such a trend to not affect it, as if it were an island. This noticeable development is likely just a reflection of the current overall scene. It was inevitable.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Never heard of this before, anyone have any ideas?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crouching-Pony-Hidden-Drago-MVS-Cart-Neo-Geo-JAMMA-Arcade-Unreleased-Prototype/154236966665?hash=item23e93d5709:g:CoAAAOSwBj9f0c59

"Crouching Pony Hidden Drago MVS Cart Neo Geo JAMMA Arcade - Unreleased Prototype" for 20k??
Game developed by a team of retard frenchmen called lecortex or something back years ago. It looked so bad and we gave them so much shit they decided not to release it on neo. Sounds like they stole a bunch of people's money in the process as well

Last edited:

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
To be quite honest, I'm not sure any of the orignal unreleased proto's would fetch that price, let alone some crappy indie job