Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

Gentle Ben

NAM-75 Vet

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
56.61$
s-l1600.jpg

whats up with ngm? never heard about it...
whats the one affiliated with the Dion and Chris neogeofreak? ngf, right?

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Seriously ... WTF is wrong with people who ask thousands of dollars for ugly, garbage looking pieces of home-made turd-cabs, cocktails or superguns? If you're capable of building the thing and hooking everything up, you're obviously not entirely brain-dead, but at the same time, you can't value your work this high. Especially in the US, where cabs are apparently abundant and pretty cheap. In Sweden, I'm basically looking at ~$1800 for a candy, but that's a working candy, not some wood workshop experiment gone somewhat right. Wake up, Home Improvement. Your shit isn't THAT hot.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Dude he is seriously trying to hose someone with that shitty pandoras box cabinet. Sad thing is that someone will fall for it. Love how that vertical contra is stretched out to fill the screen.

Do people really fall for this type of thing, though? In US it's much easier to score cabs. If this was in Europe, he'd probably sell it, depending on the country. Funny thing is, I actually know someone from Pflugerville. Not this guy, though.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Do people really fall for this type of thing, though? In US it's much easier to score cabs. If this was in Europe, he'd probably sell it, depending on the country. Funny thing is, I actually know someone from Pflugerville. Not this guy, though.

Yes, the guy I bought that project cocktail makes and sells them all the time. Another guy who fixed my neo harness also builds and sells them on the regular. Lot of uninformed suckers out there.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Yes, the guy I bought that project cocktail makes and sells them all the time. Another guy who fixed my neo harness also builds and sells them on the regular. Lot of uninformed suckers out there.

Unfortunately we'll never get any statistical data, but sometimes I wonder ... People buying things like that and paying crazy money for console games must come from this neo-retro crowd born in the '90s. Retro games are cool! We have jobs now, and we can go by our own Top Ten Hidden Gem lists to complete our retro libraries!

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Dude he is seriously trying to hose someone with that shitty pandoras box cabinet. Sad thing is that someone will fall for it. Love how that vertical contra is stretched out to fill the screen.

The thing that gets me is he calls it a "Neo*Geo" arcade cab when it obviously doesn't have the original hardware.

noir

Overtop Pathfinder
Unfortunately we'll never get any statistical data, but sometimes I wonder ... People buying things like that and paying crazy money for console games must come from this neo-retro crowd born in the '90s. Retro games are cool! We have jobs now, and we can go by our own Top Ten Hidden Gem lists to complete our retro libraries!

I bought some NES stuff from a guy a couple of years ago right before Christmas. He told me he was selling it because they were getting some kind of multcade for Christmas. Nice house. They obviously had money. Seemed like he and his family liked playing old games, and thought having an "arcade cabinet" to play them all from was a cool solution. Not for me, but there's definitely an audience of people who have the money to spend, and don't particularly care about original hardware, or trying to track down good deals.

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Looks like an Ibara Kuro full kit, including poster, is being sold on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IBARA-KU...316865?hash=item4672000dc1:g:9QQAAOSwCcZaLVdO

One expects a high price for one of those these days, but it's probably worth closer to about $4,000. Though a sale on the high end of around $6,000 may be within the realm of possibility, this seller is charging the equivalent in pounds of over $8,000.

Wonder if it will actually sell.