Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The whole "first gen has best picture quality" thing has been going around with collectors for as long as I remember. My experience with early systems is that they're pretty terrible. On the inside of the system they are hackjobs, have the wrong resistor/cap values on the video circuits, and have sync problems on a lot of TV sets. I'm perfectly happy to have gotten rid of mine, my 3-5 or whatever mobo system works great.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
This information has been debunked. Search on here and you should find more info.

Thanks wyo. Good to know. I've seen the aforementioned data repeated on plenty of other sites too, so I'm sure the low serial number quality claims will continue as Gohan already stated.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I've seen this claim crop up over the years on a few different forums. Take a look at the "Neo Geo AES" section of this page:

http://retrorgb.com/neogeo.html

Xian Xi, are their claims baseless or is this a misinterpretation of data? Here's a direct link to the referenced info: http://nfggames.com/games/neorgb/

EDIT: added direct link to article/data page

MKL wrote an article about everything and someone skewed the info into what everyone now knows. He would always cringe when someone linked to it.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Damn that's bad, and what's equally bad someone probably will end up making a solid offer on it too encouraging the behavior further.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
The weird thing with SVC is the bootleg is actually more desirable than the original due to balance and unlocked fighters etc.

Can't you just unlock all the characters with cheats in the unibios? What kind of balance changes are we talking here?

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Is he offering in that price to include his plane ticket and checked luggage to cart that stuff into the USA? His broken english almost seems to en eluding to that.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Yamatoku is currently auctioning this rather nasty KOF96.
I can only imagine the story this cart is hiding. It's actually described as being in good condition, too. Might have a point, that tape is surprisingly well preserved. Bonus points if the color is from tobacco.

0uEeZcl.jpg

YUnq49I.jpg

HAltj1b.jpg

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Although the Japanese famously take good care of their games and CDs, you have to keep in mind that Neo stuff was generally more common in Japan, so back in the day the items were not always treated with the same respect and reverance as they are now in the West.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Fair enough, but I wasn't generalizing condition based on where it's coming from. I genuinely thought WTF when I saw it. What exactly did they mean to do with all that tape?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
yo faust: buy the insert now, get the cart later. and be sure to tell the seller to ship it flat and if he packs it into a case make a thread about it!