Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Hard to say, all he's showing us are the shocks...

He does mention he has a Strikers Plus that's included that doesn't work, and Strikers boots are notorious for failing, unlike the legit carts. So we can conclude that he does in all likelihood buy boots and either doesn't know or doesn't disclose that fact.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
He does mention he has a Strikers Plus that's included that doesn't work, and Strikers boots are notorious for failing, unlike the legit carts. So we can conclude that he does in all likelihood buy boots and either doesn't know or doesn't disclose that fact.
Sherlock_Holmes_Portrait_Paget.jpg

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Naw man, nothing wrong there, you're just unfamiliar with the hyper-rare AES-exclusive sequel.

EjDEwsn.gif

Fun fact: even google knows best, delivering Cyber-Lip results if you search Cyber-Up. :D

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...even google knows best, delivering Cyber-Lip results if you search Cyber-Up. :D

Strange, I Google "Cyber-Lip" and it says, "Did you mean black cocks?" It seems like every time you go online, you're two clicks away from black cocks. For cripes' sake, just don't Google "Boston lawyers."

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Well......I guess that means we can sell boots and conversions in the marketplace now right?

You know whats funny? The cart they show has legit boards in it, but they took pictures as if to show the condition of the label? So....... maybe they plan to sack the game to make an AES "conversion" and give you the bootleg boards with the original shell.

All speculation but seems shady.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
It's another NCI bootleg hack. It isn't an official SNK AES release.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
It's another NCI bootleg hack. It isn't an official SNK AES release.

I never knew they hacked the PS2 version's additional strikers to work on Neo. I may have to try that. Anyone know if that version is available on any multicart?

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I never knew they hacked the PS2 version's additional strikers to work on Neo. I may have to try that. Anyone know if that version is available on any multicart?

This made me curious also, but haven't had much luck in finding out. Mentions of this particular hack tend to appear fairly recent, within the last two years or so. I'm thinking that it's newer than the multi-carts. If it was more easily available, there would be even less of a point for NCI to put their version out there.

EDIT: found a zipped ROM of this hack dated late 2013.

Last edited:

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I could swear I saw this same item recently, but with two zeroes less.