Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Thx, there's also this dedicated thread here. I heard about this particular counterfeit before, but never actually saw a pic of it. Must be an older run. Quite interesting, indeed.

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
How do you know he won those auctions? I thought Ebay no longer lets you see the auction winners.

He's up to it again......

Bid this auction for SAMURAI SHOWDOWN V SPECIAL AES US RELEASE FIXED up to $2,025 and didn't pay http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-SAMURAI-SHOWDOWN-V-SPECIAL-AES-US-RELEASE-FIXED-/322083395603

The Seller relisted and put the user name: Collectorsdreamz100 as the culprit same user NeoGeoFanatic mentioned http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-SAMURAI-SHOWDOWN-V-SPECIAL-AES-US-RELEASE-FIXED-/322098618702

Watch out for a***t (810 +/-) this is who Collectorsdreamz100 is. Currently bidding up a Fatal Fury 3 http://www.ebay.com/itm/222104816369?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:

myblackamex

NEST Puppet

Bid this auction for SAMURAI SHOWDOWN V SPECIAL AES US RELEASE FIXED up to $2,025 and didn't pay http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-SAMURAI-SHOWDOWN-V-SPECIAL-AES-US-RELEASE-FIXED-/322083395603

The Seller relisted and put the user name: Collectorsdreamz100 as the culprit same user NeoGeoFanatic mentioned http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-SAMURAI-SHOWDOWN-V-SPECIAL-AES-US-RELEASE-FIXED-/322098618702

Watch out for a***t (810 +/-) this is who Collectorsdreamz100 is if you are bidding he is. Currently bidding up a Fatal Fury 3 http://www.ebay.com/itm/222104816369...:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
He says he bought these from a "a long time Neo Geo enthusiast." Games keep coming. He just posted Neo Turf Masters US. Does anyone know who this is or who they might have bought this stuff from?

I have bought stuff from their brick and mortar stores, they have three shops in the Lancaster, PA area, one fairly large. That being said I don't know who they would have gotten these from or how legit the games are, but I believe they would probably know the difference. They used to have pictures of some rare AES games they claimed they had on their front page, I never saw them at their stores.

http://justpressplayonline.com/

Last edited:
Hi all...

I work for Just Press Play and have been following this thread. Many have asked who's collection this is, all I can say is that they are a long time collector and have been active on this forum over the years. They are somewhat local to us and have been a long time customer and friend to the business. If they wish to declare who they are I believe they would have, it is not our place to identify them. As far as the auctions being bid up by a certain eBayer to see peoples max bids just to withdraw their bids, this issue has been handled and the bidder has been blocked from bidding on the auctions. This is not our owners collection, he is keeping his collection vaulted but every game has been thoroughly inspected and verified. We have had many offers and requests to end the auction early for cash deals and off eBay purchases, we are not ending any auctions early. We have a large sum invested into bringing this collection to market and want everyone to have a chance to scoop up some of these great examples of some of the hardest to find English versions.

Good luck to all that bid, thanks for the time.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Hi all...

I work for Just Press Play and have been following this thread. Many have asked who's collection this is, all I can say is that they are a long time collector and have been active on this forum over the years. They are somewhat local to us and have been a long time customer and friend to the business. If they wish to declare who they are I believe they would have, it is not our place to identify them. As far as the auctions being bid up by a certain eBayer to see peoples max bids just to withdraw their bids, this issue has been handled and the bidder has been blocked from bidding on the auctions. This is not our owners collection, he is keeping his collection vaulted but every game has been thoroughly inspected and verified. We have had many offers and requests to end the auction early for cash deals and off eBay purchases, we are not ending any auctions early. We have a large sum invested into bringing this collection to market and want everyone to have a chance to scoop up some of these great examples of some of the hardest to find English versions.

This thread lives up to it's name. WTF.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I see someone questioned the seller about not leaving negative feedback but obviously for some dumb reason ebay doesnt allow that. its a stupid fucking rule to let people bid on what they want with no intention to pay and to receive no consequences.

Watch out for a***t (810 +/-) this is who Collectorsdreamz100 is. Currently bidding up a Fatal Fury 3 http://www.ebay.com/itm/222104816369?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
I see someone questioned the seller about not leaving negative feedback but obviously for some dumb reason ebay doesnt allow that. its a stupid fucking rule to let people bid on what they want with no intention to pay and to receive no consequences.

So much drama, it's turning into a soap opera.

eBay doesn't allow sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers. I think they should amend the rule to if the buyer does not pay then you can. If they pay you can't leave negative feedback.

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
Hi all...

Good to know :-J

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
Hi all...

Awesome collection. You must have paid a pretty penny for all these games.

Just curious - Where did you guys based your pricing from (starting bid and BIN)?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Hi all...

Fuck off.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
253720c508e4e7a6a83ba56ec01eea57.jpg

Keeps games in vault. Seems legit.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Who wrote that? Someone defined themselves as a "retro game expert"...and he created a...buisness?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Who wrote that? Someone defined themselves as a "retro game expert"...and he created a...buisness?

Haha damn, I totally missed that. Either way, it sounds like cookie cutter corporate drivel you would find on any website.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

I imagine someone using that as a bullet point on their resume.

"Retro Game Expert"
"Fighting Game Enthusiast"
"Arcade Career"

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor

"Are fish using our oceans as their own private toilets? Coming up next on Sick Sad World".
That's the only one I can remember. I love Daria and bought the complete series on DVD a few years ago but have yet to open it.