Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

RumbleBumble

Rugal's Thug
If he verified it was original pcb's...why not take a pic? This guy has a habit of canceling auction sales that don't go high enough. 5 negs out of 49 is INCREDIBLY high on ebay; surprised they haven't nuked his account yet (and i'm quite sure i've seen this guys sell before on a different account, right down to EVERY photo being sideways).

Every photo is sideways because he takes all the photos while lying on a bed of money.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Metal Slug 1 MVS cart only for 199 EUR here

Holo label!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Looks like he's cashing out on his retirement plan.

He says he bought these from a "a long time Neo Geo enthusiast." Games keep coming. He just posted Neo Turf Masters US. Does anyone know who this is or who they might have bought this stuff from?

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
I was wondering the same thing. Its a hell of a collection.
The games are overprice but still...

uiengineer

Agreed. Also, for this kind of money, they need to post board pics.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Damn son. I was thinking what a weak collection and then MSX and NTM.

Also, for this kind of money, they need to post board pics.

Very few are going to risk fucking up a high value game for that. I wouldn't (if I was drugged and convinced to sell up of course).

Last edited:

uiengineer

Damn son. I was thinking what a weak collection and then MSX and NTM.

Very few are going to risk fucking up a high value game for that. I wouldn't.
I agree with that. I don't even want to open my slug 3 and slug 5. However, it may affect sales.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I agree with that. I don't even want to open my slug 3 and slug 5. However, it may affect sales.

All I can say is that I brought my AF2 AES to MGC and I saw the boards on the TSA x-ray machine monitor. The visuals looked pretty clear from where I was standing. I suppose you could at least verify factory solder with an airport grade scanner.

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
If you have the right tools and know how to open the carts it takes 10 secs flat..........

Practice on a inexpensive cart if you want to learn how. I open everything and verify...... but that's me its' not for everyone.

Last edited:

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
I was wondering the same thing. Its a hell of a collection.
The games are overprice but still...

Extremely overpriced.... True test is to see what sells. The couple items priced decent looks like sold.... But starting out with such high auctions usually never works.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
If you have the right tools and know how to open the carts it takes 10 secs flat..........

Practice on a inexpensive cart if you want to learn how. I open everything and verify...... but that's me its' not for everyone.

LOL, so you're opening Riding Hero and Fatal Fury Special to check for boots?

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
LOL, so you're opening Riding Hero and Fatal Fury Special to check for boots?

You have to practice to be perfect. So yes I sure did and it's why I don't fear opening an MSX and anything else. It's just like real life you better check it before you stick it or you might regret it....

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
You have to practice to be perfect. So yes I sure did and it's why I don't fear opening an MSX and anything else.

So, how you'll handle PCBs taken out of a legit Japanese cart and dressed into fake English papers afterwards? As an original with a couple of grands difference on your tab?

myblackamex

NEST Puppet
So, how you'll handle PCBs taken out of a legit Japanese cart and dressed into fake English papers afterwards? As an original with a couple of grands difference on your tab?

That boils down to your skills being able to take a jewelry magnifying lens and identify if the insert and cart sticker print patterns are not authentic. There are a ton of steps you have to take to make sure you are buying what you set out to..... Just have to research and create a checklist of what to look for.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
That boils down to your skills being able to take a jewelry magnifying lens and identify if the insert and cart sticker print patterns are not authentic. There are a ton of steps you have to take to make sure you are buying what you set out to..... Just have to research and create a checklist of what to look for.

That was not the point of my rhetorical question. It just merely stated, that opening carts is not a panacea.