Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
We should start a separate thread that posts GOOD ebay BIN prices and auctions considering how dry the market place is these days.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Make sure it has an awesome name like "SCOOOOOOOPS!"

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
wtf does this mean: "I would call them about uncirculated." Either they are, or they aren't.

Uncirculated is one of the grade conditions used to describe money in collector circles. It's roughly the condition (or a little less) you would get if you got a bill from the bank that came from a fresh brick.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Maybe I'm just ignorant to how collecting money (that sounds dumb even typing it) works, can't you just go to the bank and ask for fresh bills vs. paying 50% markup to these buttheads?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Maybe I'm just ignorant to how collecting money (that sounds dumb even typing it) works, can't you just go to the bank and ask for fresh bills vs. paying 50% markup to these buttheads?

Pretty sure, yep. My grandparents used to do that when giving money as gifts. He's got another $20 bill for like $38 because it has some shit like 077717177 as the serial. I understand collecting rare coins and all that, but this shit is next level stupidity. Maybe this isn't common for people to pay for this, as if you look at the rest of this moron's auctions it's a lot of shit marked up to crazy prices. He's selling old Usenet FAQs printed out and stuck in a binder for over $1,000.

Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member

Because you can't get old money in brand new condition from banks. That's like going into a baseball card store and asking for cards from a decade ago and wanting to pay the blister price from back then. They'll laugh in your face.

Old money gets taken out of circulation and gets reprinted with fresh bills because they get worn out or the counterfeiting countermeasures are outdated. That's why you don't see pre-2000s bills too often anymore. When banks see them, they sent get to the reserve and exchanged for new bills. Coins are a different story. They are pretty sturdy and nobody is going to waste their time counterfeiting quarters.