Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAST-RESORT-NEO-GEO-MVS-SNK-FULL-KIT-/222062662954?hash=item33b3f7552a:g:-e0AAOSw9uFW8qAg&nma=true&si=3HOzNyizvnMaMZBMZ41FvSSGp0s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last Resort Fullkit sold for 400€. I kinda understand this cause mvs collecting is much more popular with new collectors and then maybe little more uncommon title prices goes higher. It is more of demand thing like Nes-Snes Zelda games millions of copies but still solds for lot. That crossed swords 2 aes game it is just crazy. I understand if Metal Slug 3 goes for 2 times more than price guide in ebay(cos its metal slug and 3 is arguable the best etc.) but Crossed Swords 2 if you google it the first links tell you that it is repro and I think only Neo Geo fans would want that title...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
That crossed swords 2 aes game it is just crazy. I understand if Metal Slug 3 goes for 2 times more than price guide in ebay(cos its metal slug and 3 is arguable the best etc.) but Crossed Swords 2 if you google it the first links tell you that it is repro and I think only Neo Geo fans would want that title...

It seems this is your first encounter with Neo Geo fans. But that's them alright, and while they're growing bigger, them carts are not. Giving a long enough timeline, even MVS will catch up to that.

xorthen

Banned
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAST-RESORT-NEO-GEO-MVS-SNK-FULL-KIT-/222062662954?hash=item33b3f7552a:g:-e0AAOSw9uFW8qAg&nma=true&si=3HOzNyizvnMaMZBMZ41FvSSGp0s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last Resort Fullkit sold for 400€. I kinda understand this cause mvs collecting is much more popular with new collectors and then maybe little more uncommon title prices goes higher. It is more of demand thing like Nes-Snes Zelda games millions of copies but still solds for lot. That crossed swords 2 aes game it is just crazy. I understand if Metal Slug 3 goes for 2 times more than price guide in ebay(cos its metal slug and 3 is arguable the best etc.) but Crossed Swords 2 if you google it the first links tell you that it is repro and I think only Neo Geo fans would want that title...

The demand is the same. People just don't know any better so they jack the price up in bidding wars.

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
I can't understand why people pay for boots of games that can easily run on a flashcart. (besides trying to profit by flipping them to unsuspecting noobs as the real thing)

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Bidding is always stupid this time of year when people have their tax returns to burn. Not surprised.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I love the clear case, but since when is where a boot is made a selling point:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MUSHA-16-Bi...036204?hash=item3ac15a7d6c:g:JJIAAOSwZ8ZW-rf~

If you look at this guy's sold items, he's unloaded SO MANY repros into the wild. I hate this shit.

I can't understand why people pay for boots of games that can easily run on a flashcart. (besides trying to profit by flipping them to unsuspecting noobs as the real thing)

It is stupid. It's just those people that want something "physical" but can't afford the real ones. The repro scene is so wide open for the Genesis, SNES and NES it's crazy.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Bidding is always stupid this time of year when people have their tax returns to burn. Not surprised.

Nice insight. That could certainly explain it.

It's also the 'must have now' mentality that afflicts some collectors who are unable to be patient.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
It is stupid. It's just those people that want something "physical" but can't afford the real ones. The repro scene is so wide open for the Genesis, SNES and NES it's crazy.

Right. And the clear carts are obvious repros. I guess I can deal with that. However, the multiple Ninja Gaiden Trilogy's he's sold do not say "repro" on it anywhere. That is what drives me nuts.