Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
It's factory soldered. KOF 94 uses the same PROGRK board and the blue wire is in the same place.

Ramad

Okay. So what's the deal with that Crossed Swords 2 auction? As far as I know, CS2 never came out on the AES. So I would think it is a decent conversion, but if that's the case then what's up with the manual? That seems like a lot of work to put into a conversion.

Then again, how much does CS2 go for on MVS? If you can get that game for 50 bucks, and turn around and sell it for 10 times that much, then I guess it's worth it? I know I'm interested...

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Okay. So what's the deal with that Crossed Swords 2 auction? As far as I know, CS2 never came out on the AES. So I would think it is a decent conversion, but if that's the case then what's up with the manual? That seems like a lot of work to put into a conversion.

Then again, how much does CS2 go for on MVS? If you can get that game for 50 bucks, and turn around and sell it for 10 times that much, then I guess it's worth it? I know I'm interested...

You miss this sale since 2014.....CS2 never officially released in AES/MVS format. Good luck you can get that for 50 bucks, and ppl will charge more if they decide to make CS2 cart for you.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...words-2-AVAILABLE-READY-TO-GO!&referrerid=197

Last edited:

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner

Ramad

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Wow.

You go away from the forums for a while, and miss a ton.

Ah well. That's what I get. I would have definitely gone after an AES copy of that, too. :annoyed:

Same here, man. I was away a few years and missed some good shit.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
How much was this when it was released? (Just curious. I know the secondary market will command a high price).
$320

Wow.

You go away from the forums for a while, and miss a ton.

Ah well. That's what I get. I would have definitely gone after an AES copy of that, too. :annoyed:

I missed the first run and finally got MVS kit in second run.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza

Wow. The auction just broke the $1000 mark. Just wow.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
is the seller a member here? (that we know of)

Not that I know of but he probably is since CS2 was publicized here.

To be fair, he started the auction at 99 cents, so you can't really blame him for the crazy bidders.

Last edited:

Ramad

Pretty sure that they are. Did Raz advertise his release of the game to any other forum?

Also, why are y'all so surprised about the price? He hasn't given numbers out yet but how many do you think have been released? 20? 50? 100? All gotten by collectors. The ebay ad is pretty accurate - you're probably not going to see a complete AES or MVS version of Crossed Swords 2 in the while for a LONG, LONG time, unless Raz makes more.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Pretty sure that they are. Did Raz advertise his release of the game to any other forum?

Also, why are y'all so surprised about the price? He hasn't given numbers out yet but how many do you think have been released? 20? 50? 100? All gotten by collectors. The ebay ad is pretty accurate - you're probably not going to see a complete AES or MVS version of Crossed Swords 2 in the while for a LONG, LONG time, unless Raz makes more.

When the ROMs are released, you can make your own. There's no intrinsic value in an unofficial release to most collectors.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I'm not at all surprised on this, homebrew that's limited to forum releases seems to skyrocket on EBay. It'll be interesting to see what happens when teh ROMz are released.

Ramad

When the ROMs are released, you can make your own. There's no intrinsic value in an unofficial release to most collectors.

Word, there is that. I'll be one of those folks - I'd like to play CS2 on my Neo.

I disagree about the lack of value to collectors for unofficial releases. If the game is decent, and has good presentation, it will be of value. Case in point: NG-Dev games.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Not that I know of but he probably is since CS2 was publicized here.

To be fair, he started the auction at 99 cents, so you can't really blame him for the crazy bidders.

I think Jeff also posted on FB group so we may have other people bought CS2 AES

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I disagree about the lack of value to collectors for unofficial releases. If the game is decent, and has good presentation, it will be of value. Case in point: NG-Dev games.
I'd argue NGDev games are different than other "unofficial" releases, but I agree w/your point. However, I think the "official" CS2 release by Raz will hold collector value vs when the ROMs are released, though as mentioned I'm curious what it will do. I know people hate on the Jaguar, rightfully so, but the most expensive game on there is an aftermarket release and still commands $500+ despite the ROMs being available, anyone can make their own EPROM cart for around $25 or so.