Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

Warpedflash

Crazed MVS Addict
Because I have a conscience mate and wouldn't feel happy ripping poor guys off. which you seem to find perfectly acceptable :oh_no:

Like me!

I think if people will pay the price then he should sell it for what he feels fair. If someone is happy to pay it then its fine. Its not like there is only his available, if people want to pay more let them.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
aye, but mines although abit aged, was £600 cheaper with twice as many games :D

make that £700

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It doesn't help that it's missing a button on each side.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
How does one play a game that would use 3 buttons on that thing? Shit is upside down.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
see, i don't know you in rl and none of this was/is meant to be offensive, but i really think that you're still missing the point.

first off: the seller isn't in the usa -> shipping is more expensive and there's a higher risk that things might get stolen.

if Kenny (or anyone else with half a brain, for that matter) was to spend that kind of money out of his own pocket, then i would guess that he would like to get it back in asap. if he was to buy 50 boards at $80 each, then he would have to spend $4000 PLUS shipping. i'm guessing that he would also try to place a bulk order for video encoders. say ... 70 each. 50*$70=$3500.
then you'd have to pay for the latest uni-bios. so ... how about 50*$25=$1250.

you'd still need to get a ton of other parts, but you would have spent more than $9000 out of your own pocket already. now go and calculate how many systems you would have to make and sell before you manage to break even.
if you're spending that kind of money up front then it just doesn't make sense to do the actual work for minimum wage. it just doesn't.

see, i too would build a system for a friend for the cost of parts and i actually shared quite a few things i came up with with the neo community in the past, but in this case it would be nice if you guys would at least try to be a little more objective.

as for IDCHAPPY:
honestly, let it be. just remember what you were asking for your own 1 slot and the condition it was in.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Unless someone had really deep pockets and didn't really care how long it would take up to certain extent to make his money back, it would be insane to drop that amount of cash on such a niche market. I wasn't suggesting that anyone would or should do that.

But what I am trying to say is this.

CMVS with enclosure 800$
CMVS without enclosure 450$ (averaging/guesstimating out with the other 1 slots CMVS he has right now and sold before)

Those without the enclosure do not seem to have component out. So add an extra 30$ for an encoder with component out, 10$ in extra hardware (phono jacks/wire/solder etc..)
Then add an enclosure at 40$.

For a total of 530$ for a CMVS without an enclosure.

Now the only difference between the enclosed CMVS and the one without the enclosure is the cartridge slot cut out at the top and screw post to hold the board down.
Is that extra cut out in the enclosure really worth ~270$? And considering how clean that cut looks I'm guessing he uses a router with a template, so it wouldn't take him that long to cut.

That's all I was trying to say, of course anyone is entitled to spend whatever amount of money on anything. But when your items take months to sell and rely mostly on people with very deep pockets or who don't know any better, in my opinion what you are trying to sell is overpriced.