Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
But but it has a neat 40$ enclosure , surely that makes it much more valuable... like 3x at the very least..

bleh..

Last edited:

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Fixed.
Still over priced either way. But there's always a sucker somewhere.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
the system looks to be well made and i'm sure, he doesn't make as much pure profit off of selling one of those systems on ebay as many might think. more like ... much less, to be honest.

that other guy's shoddy made supergun with the bin of $999 was a whole different story.

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
the system looks to be well made and i'm sure, he doesn't make as much pure profit off of selling one of those systems on ebay as many might think. more like ... much less, to be honest.

that other guy's shoddy made supergun with the bin of $999 was a whole different story.

I also think that it has a great, unique design and it looks indeed like a quality made product.

Still seems pricey to me - why would he not make a good profit out of this?

Anyway, this is a much better item than all these others shitty, ugly unprofessionally made superguns.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Still seems pricey to me - why would he not make a good profit out of this?
i'm in a bit of a hurry, so here's a short list:

- ebay fees
- paypal fees
- if you want to make clean cut outs, you will have to invest in expensive tools or use a file and be very careful, which takes much longer than mounting the joyports from the outside, for example.
- the rca jacks and other sockets are much more expensive than the silver rca jacks that are about 8 cents each.
- also, he probably spends a lot of money on mvs hardware, rgb encoders, power supplies and other bits all the time. otherwise he would have to spend too much on shipping costs.
- i'm not sure about this one, but he might have to pay sales tax for some of the parts he stocks.

he might make $250 from selling one of his systems on ebay, but i don't think that this is terribly unfair. especially not since he seems to have the systems readily available at all times.

the only way to really change things would be to get a chinese company to make mvs consoles similar to the neofami and other retro consoles.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Im sorry but other people have done cmvs with enclosures with all the exact same parts minus the enclosure and they never charge nearly as much...

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Im sorry but other people have done cmvs with enclosures with all the exact same parts minus the enclosure and they never charge nearly as much...
it's their own fault, if they want to give their time and labour away for free. simple as that.
you don't want to spend the money ... well, no one forces you to. go ahead and make your own. i couldn't find a mv-1c on ebay. even arcadeshock and the neo store are sold out.

feel free to check how much they wanted for a mv-1c:

http://www.arcadeshock.com/items/pr.../neo-geo-mv-1c-1-slot-kit-mv1c-sys-detail.htm
http://www.neostore.com/1-Slot-PCB-Kit-MV-1C-p/382.htm

yes, that' $190 and $225 BEFORE shipping.

add the cost of a neobitz, something like $35 for the unibios v3 and the money that you would have to spend, if you wanted a sc200 power supply from jameco and you'd have to spend more than $400 before you even started to work on the damn thing. EASILY!
then why would he want to offer his consolized systems on ebay for something like $500, if ebay would want almost 10% (that's $50) from the sale and paypal another 4% just so he can receive the money?

if you want to wait until you MIGHT find a mv-1c for as little as $50 shipped ... well, then ... good luck. it probably won't happen anytime soon.
someone who doesn't want to wait and doesn't want to built a proper consolized system himself at least has the OPTION of buying from Kenny.

point is ...
the people who ask for less usually don't take the time to do it right OR they don't make enough profit to stay motivated and eventually stop making these things.

if you still disagree, then you simply fail to see the big picture.

Last edited:

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.

+1, that's atleast $300 more than it should be, alot of quailty ppl on here have done similar/better cmvs unit for $450 or less :)

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
sigh..And you think Kenny spends 200$+ just for the board?? Nobody pays that amount, you would have to be an idiot to pay that. They show up on ebay and on here for well below 100$ shipped, from time to time not that often but you don't see Kenny with ten of those 1C CMVS either.

He might make a lot of money on one of them but it still takes many months before any of his listings sell...

And if you think cutting one extra hole in plastic and adding a few screw post to the enclosure warrants such a price hike then we will have to agree to disagree.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
+1, that's atleast $300 more than it should be, alot of quailty ppl on here have done similar/better cmvs unit for $450 or less :)
how many of them still have them readily available and are still able to make them at that price?

also, the thing about making better systems is a lie. the only thing that could be better would be if he used the plastic db15 connectors that MKL uses for his systems.

if you think it's too much money that can be made, then why don't you guys start to cash in? especially you, IDCHAPPY. i thought you just lost your job. should be the perfect way for you to make sure that you can feed your family and buy them luxury items with the huge amounts of money that can be made.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
They show up on ebay and on here for well below 100$ shipped.
go ahead and buy one TONIGHT for less than $100 shipped. there, look at the prices:
http://shop.ebay.de/i.html?_nkw=mvs...eltweit&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

even the mv-1fz boards are more expensive than they used to be.

see, i can build these things myself and i too wouldn't spend more than $100 shipped, but if you are in a hurry and have the money to spend then why not? and as you said yourself ... just because he has a bin of a certain amount doesn't mean that he actually manages to sell his systems for that amount. most of his auctions even seem to have the "make an offer" option enabled.

i have a feeling that many of you guys bash on him because it's a cool thing to do and has been for years. yes, the princess stick (for example) was way overpriced, but it was a novelty and he found a buyer. don't act as if it was his fault that he got paid.

Now kenny has 2 threads, he will be pleased.
i don't care. there are enough people, who demand to get stuff for less even though they don't seem to want to make these systems themselves.
from a business point of view Kenny does the right thing and everyone who doesn't want to see this is either too stupid or just plain jealous.

Last edited:

Heath

, cheyne stoking
go ahead and buy one TONIGHT for less than $100 shipped. there, look at the prices:
http://shop.ebay.de/i.html?_nkw=mvs...eltweit&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

even the mv-1fz boards are more expensive than they used to be.

see, i can build these things myself and i too wouldn't spend more than $100 shipped, but if you are in a hurry and have the money to spend then why not? and as you said yourself ... just because he has a bin of a certain amount doesn't mean that he actually manages to sell his systems for that amount. most of his auctions even seem to have the "make an offer" option enabled.

i have a feeling that many of you guys bash on him because it's a cool thing to do and has been for years. yes, the princess stick (for example) was way overpriced, but it was a novelty and he found a buyer. don't act as if it was his fault that he got paid.

+1, ive never had a problem with his prices. Ive no idea how to make one and what the process is but i cant imagine there that cheap and fast to put together. I seen not to long ago a MVS board that were ready for being consolized sell for nearly £100 without no casing or anything.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Why would I buy one tonight for an amount that would kill parts of my profits if I can wait a bit and get one for a decent price?
See that's the thing with eBay there's always someone willing to pay more for something if they want to have it right away. It doesnt change the fact that certain things are overpriced.

Actually I like Kenny's work , what he makes looks to be of good quality, just overpriced in my opinion.

Even the games he sells are often twice the going rate.
Hell he managed to sell a Metal Slug 3 cart for 95$ without even showing pictures of the actual cart...

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
how many of them still have them readily available and are still able to make them at that price?

also, the thing about making better systems is a lie. the only thing that could be better would be if he used the plastic db15 connectors that MKL uses for his systems.

if you think it's too much money that can be made, then why don't you guys start to cash in? especially you, IDCHAPPY. i thought you just lost your job. should be the perfect way for you to make sure that you can feed your family and buy them luxury items with the huge amounts of money that can be made.

Because I have a conscience mate and wouldn't feel happy ripping poor guys off. which you seem to find perfectly acceptable :oh_no:

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I think that there is some truth in supergoose´s arguments. Personally i can´t really judge about his pricing, since i would never be able to make such a quality supergun.
It just seemed pricey to me, but i am open for arguments.

But hey - no need to flame other members just for a different opinion on this matter.