Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
The top bidder has 0 feedback & 11 bids (all with that same seller, but on different items). I don't know if that necessarily means anything.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
It looks like one bidder put in a huge bid ($999) basically saying he just plans to win the auction and pay whatever it comes to (he probably thought it'd hit around $190ish). The next bidder with 0 feedback at $1009 is pretty suspicious.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Looks like a collector with a lot of money, since he seems to be buying up complete boxed items.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
It looks like one bidder put in a huge bid ($999) basically saying he just plans to win the auction and pay whatever it comes to (he probably thought it'd hit around $190ish). The next bidder with 0 feedback at $1009 is pretty suspicious.
I think I see a retraction in the near future.
shawn-spencer-picture_200x221.jpg

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member

I talked in person with a local collector who uses that strategy on ebay. He will put in some insane bid, ie $500 for a $50 mvs cart. His reasoning is it ensures he will win the auction and usually at a decent price. I just answered "ah okay", but I was thinking to myself, what the fuck man?

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
What are you bidding on in that auction? I don't get it.
It used to be a burned Bang² Busters ISO on CD-R...
Now it's a "membership"* which I'm guessing grants "information"** on how to obtain the image***.

*(legal) **(info free with legal membership purchase) ***(not actually what's being sold)

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
It used to be a burned Bang² Busters ISO on CD-R...

I thought he was just selling the iso image itself (sent via email), and not a physical disc?

Reported this one just like the last one though for good measure.

chimp.gif

Last edited:

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
I thought he was just selling the iso image itself (sent via email), and not a physical disc?

Reported this one just like the last one though for good measure.

chimp.gif
You may be right. I thought I saw a line like "these are guaranteed to work in your console" or similar in an earlier revision, which seems to suggest a physical copy (to me).

[Edit] - Strike that; in an older cached listing he had "This Newsletter will include a file to play on your neo geo CD or neo geo CDZ home console..."
So he probably intends for those buying a "membership" to roll their own now too.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
lol cheap bastard won't even mail you a cdr of the rom.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
@gums_drop:
it does make sense though if you desperately want something on Ebay and dont know how to use a sniper-program or dont have time to bid on the last seconds.

someone mentioned on another board, that he thinks the guy was meant to bid 99, but accidently bidded 999 and made another account and outbidded himself.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
someone mentioned on another board, that he thinks the guy was meant to bid 99, but accidently bidded 999 and made another account and outbidded himself.

Except that the zero feedback bidder had his bid placed 3 days before the other guy bid $999. If I was the seller I'd send a second chance offer for shits and giggles

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Except that the zero feedback bidder had his bid placed 3 days before the other guy bid $999. If I was the seller I'd send a second chance offer for shits and giggles
Yep. Looks like Mr.Zerofeedback employed the "bid way too high expecting to win for a few bucks above market value" strategy. Then Mr.999 placed his equally crazy bid, not expecting the ceiling to be that high. :rolleyes:

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
What tricks?

Ya I doubt he is shill bidding. He has way to much shit listed daily to shill bid on a mediocre neo geo game.
I've bought about 5 games from him before and other than the questionable combined shipping prices I was pretty satisfied.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
I just didn't think anyone in the world would pay that amount for a KOF2002, so I thought he was raising his own bids...

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I just didn't think anyone in the world would pay that amount for a KOF2002, so I thought he was raising his own bids...

I still dont see the point on that since the shillbidder have to pay a good amount to ebay unless he cancel the bid. Anyway its pointless for me.