Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

Neogeomaniac67

New Challenger
What a bargain. $30,000.00, stock photo, no manual, $4.00 shipping. I wish he had 2 of them so I could get a spare. Plus, if I buy 2 I save on shipping. Bonehead

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METAL-SLU...4?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item27c3ead63e

I didn't think there would ever be conversions of Metal Slug 3. Would it not require a sac cart that costs almost almost as much as the selling price?

:spock:

of course the real selling price is NEVER the egay price ¬¬ ...
and to think that I've been trying to get an original MS3 for around that price for a few years now :(

awesome offer on KOF95 US version! BUY NOW! THE REAL DEAL!
WTF... isn't that a bit TOO MUCH?

Last edited:

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
Wouldn't something like KOF98 suffice? (Just a guess, I don't really know). If it does, you could get sac carts for around $70ish.

But sigh, MS3 conversion? Fuck people.

I thought that MS3 conversions would never happen as it would require a specific sac cart that would make it too expensive to produce.

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
Wow, a MS3 conversion and for a price that is not even much lower than the original... that's "interesting".
A kof99 (kof98 doesn't have the same CMC) cart would look like the right match for this conversion, so let's say 55 euro, plus 35 for a Slug3 MVS, plus 10 euro for the printing.
It would be still worth to make them if they would sell for that price but... why would someone save 50/80/100 euro and get a conversion instead of the original?
High quality printing would cost a bit more, but probably still worth if someone is trying to attempt a scam.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
Some people spend stupid money on conversions. I think I saw a Pulstar conv. sell for way over 300 Euro. A real Pulstar or Metal Slug 3wouldn't cost much more. Hell I bought a Metal Slug 3 last year for £200.

Maybe it was Metal Slug X that I was thinking of that isn't viable for conversions due to the costs involved.

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
I have never opened a Slug X AES to verify which boards it uses, but judging from the MVS scans it does seem more complicate to achieve since it uses a unique board.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Some people spend stupid money on conversions. I think I saw a Pulstar conv. sell for way over 300 Euro. A real Pulstar or Metal Slug 3wouldn't cost much more. Hell I bought a Metal Slug 3 last year for £200.

Maybe it was Metal Slug X that I was thinking of that isn't viable for conversions due to the costs involved.

Or that Prehistoric Isle conversion someone paid $900 for on ebay some months back. :rolleyes:

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
LoL!

Yeah, XX, looks to me like JNX item owners need to beware of JNX items being sold without the proper documentation!!!!

Looks like it's time for JNX to offer an Authentication Program that authenticates and protects the integrity of the official JNX items and owners.

:mr_t:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Wow, right from the sticks in Saskatchewan! Now that's a province you don't see every day on eBay, much less a Neo Geo game. That can't be serious, can it? (the guy also has really bad feedback)

The item itself looks lovely though.

In another 2 months, his feedback rating will be back to 100%, assuming he doesn't get another negative, that is. XD

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist

FrankZappa

Crossed Swords Squire
As I suspected when I clicked on the user id history:

User ID Effective Date End Date

hungry*deals Sep-20-11 Present

insaneclown7 Jul-21-00 Sep-20-11

Good catch, I believe Insaneclown sold comic books and hungry deals does as well. Extremely suspicious.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Let's see if he still does the ol' scamming routine. XD

Last edited: