Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
You should see what fuckers try to sell TG-16 games for lately. Brand new TG-16 systems for $2000 or US Duo for $2500 (More than half of these, the sound goes out, which is fixed by replacing certain capacitors).

Also, ultra common games like Parasol Stars for $500. This is waaaaaaay beyond fucking outrageous.

There's been some weird thing going on with "Retrogaming" the past 2-4 years and sellers are trying to take advantage of the 14-20 year old kids that have no clue what any of this stuff is worth. Of course, most of the really overpriced stuff just sits there for eternity racking up ebay fees.

...and what is the deal with a lot of people from Generation Y buying old games lately? Is it the Virtual Console and other collections doing this? Seriously, seeing a 14 year old kid doing a Youtube review on a Neo Geo AES, TG-16, etc... just enrages me for some reason.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
I think some part of it has to do with some recent games going for insane amounts, like 40k for stadium events for the NES, shortly after that every clueless idiots were trying to offload their NES with mario for 4-6k.
Even after you would tell them that it was for a rare game, they would still not get it and keep trying to sell their old beat up systems for insane amounts.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think that PSOne supergun is kinda cool, but not $600 cool. Maybe $100 cool.

Daedalus

If there's a Bandwagon. I'm on it!
You should see what fuckers try to sell TG-16 games for lately. Brand new TG-16 systems for $2000 or US Duo for $2500 (More than half of these, the sound goes out, which is fixed by replacing certain capacitors).

Also, ultra common games like Parasol Stars for $500. This is waaaaaaay beyond fucking outrageous.

There's been some weird thing going on with "Retrogaming" the past 2-4 years and sellers are trying to take advantage of the 14-20 year old kids that have no clue what any of this stuff is worth. Of course, most of the really overpriced stuff just sits there for eternity racking up ebay fees.

...and what is the deal with a lot of people from Generation Y buying old games lately? Is it the Virtual Console and other collections doing this? Seriously, seeing a 14 year old kid doing a Youtube review on a Neo Geo AES, TG-16, etc... just enrages me for some reason.

If I could sell my TG-16 stuff for these prices ( and not feel rapist ) I think I could retire...lol

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
Classic insert and sticker for $500 :lolz:, the sad thing is it will find a noob to buy it eventually and encourage other fools to do the same.

JS

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Most of these people are just conmen and thieves. Might be time to fire up the second eBay account for some $1 bids :D

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I still can't get over the speaker/ tv/ supergun... WTF is the purpose of putting on a fucking 2'' LCD screen? Like anybody in their right mind would pay 2K for that shit.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I still can't get over the speaker/ tv/ supergun... WTF is the purpose of putting on a fucking 2'' LCD screen? Like anybody in their right mind would pay 2K for that shit.

Because it's awesome to sit 6" from the screen AND the SPEAKER...LOL

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Its a conversion, ironclad was a Neo Geo CD release only.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
I certainly hope that if someone is spending 600+ for a game that they know its a conversion and they simply want it for their collection.

NeoGeo-Qatar

Neo Jihad
10 Year Member
Ironclad Aes ??? :spock:

lol @ the description :

Up for auction is the Japanese version of Ironclad Brikinger for the Neo-Geo AES system.

This copy is very professionally made with an off-set insert...it is in overall MINT condition & comes complete with the snaplock-case, insert, cart & manual.

Only 100 copies produced worldwide...this particular copy is number 30 out of 100.

The game has been tested & works 100% perfectly
-----------
what a jerk e bayer (Copy Number 30 FTW :vik:)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I actually support people making professional homebrew games like that, but the fact that the auction gives no indication that it's not an SNK original makes me want to beat that seller about the head and shoulders.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ironclad Aes ??? :spock:

lol @ the description :

Up for auction is the Japanese version of Ironclad Brikinger for the Neo-Geo AES system.

This copy is very professionally made with an off-set insert...it is in overall MINT condition & comes complete with the snaplock-case, insert, cart & manual.

Only 100 copies produced worldwide...this particular copy is number 30 out of 100.

The game has been tested & works 100% perfectly
-----------
what a jerk e bayer (Copy Number 30 FTW :vik:)

Ya, it's a limited edition bootleg...LOL I think the last one sold for like $800 or something which is just retarded considering you can get an AES copy of Ironclad for $150-200.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
For that price, I'd be expecting 499 free blowjobs too :D

I'm moving to Scotland... 499 blowjobs at 1 quid each, that's a hell of a deal.

On second thought, the kind of woman that goes for that cheap are most likely riddled will STDs. :drool: