Space Harrier theme cover

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I replied on facebook. This is fucking sweet. I'm curious how you come to get your drum/bass sounds. This sounds really good. Solid playing.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I guess you did put it here.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
The drums are courtesy of the drum software I use, Beatcraft. I don't necessarily endorse them because it can be a pain in the ass building the drum parts on there, especially because it's more of a program for DJs and electronic drums than the live sound I want. The bass is just midi bass that i touched up with the EQ.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
So you build the drum parts yourself? That's pretty cool. What gear are you using, and how are you recording? It sounds like you're mic'ing an amp. I'm curious what mic you use, amp, guitar, everything.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
whoa.
very awesome man.
wish it was an mp3 or something.
that would totally be a ringtone on my phone.

if you're taking requests.
do anything outrun.
please.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
So you build the drum parts yourself? That's pretty cool. What gear are you using, and how are you recording? It sounds like you're mic'ing an amp. I'm curious what mic you use, amp, guitar, everything.

I do build the drums in the software myself.

My guitar is a Godin LGXT with D'addario .010s through a Crate GFX-65T using the amp's distortion because I looooove crate distortion. I've had the guitar for 5 years now, since my high school graduation, and I'd be hard pressed to want another guitar after this one.

As for recording stuff, I have an olllllld microphone with a 1/8" jack that plugs right into my computer's mic jack, and then I record using Cubase SX. What's nice about Cubase, as well as Pro Tools, is that it can split midi files into multiple channels, so I can write out a full arrangement in tuxguitar (my tab software of choice, thanks to Kiel), and then export it as a midi type 1, then import it into Cubase where I can record over the parts one at a time. It's how I used to do my video game a cappella with my friend years ago, which I could show at another time here in Creative.

whoa.
very awesome man.
wish it was an mp3 or something.
that would totally be a ringtone on my phone.

if you're taking requests.
do anything outrun.
please.

mp3 thanks to megaupload! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MGZSU532

As for Outrun... that does sound kind of fun. Maybe I'll make it my next gig.

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Face Hairier :buttrock:

The breakdown around two minutes in is freakin' tizzight!

aria

Former Moderator
This is GREAT.

You need to write an original, albeit Sega-inspired, song and call it Blast Processing. Then you'd be a video game rock god.

Think about it.

snk`

Kula's Candy
Awesome work, keep them coming.
icon14.gif

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
so bitchin'.

the space harrier theme is one of my favorite musics ever.

you did it great justice.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
This is awesome. The SST Band would have been proud!

aria

Former Moderator
I still can't believe you didn't know what Blast Processing referred to. Sigh... kids :(

After "Blast Processing", you need to compose a song called "Parallax Scrolling" --you'll need to lay multiple layers that make the song seem like its moving across the horizon in great depth.