Magical Drop 3: How do you get more points without fighting Black Periot?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I decided I want to go for this Magical Drop 3 high score. The standard vs computer one. There is a small problem though. Whenever you do good (about 150,000 pts), you fight Black Periot before Tower. This poses a problem. I really don't think Black Periot is beatable (the 1st time). Seeing as how he teleports and all. I have been playing in English mvs mode, on the normal difficulity setting. I can beat almost every character up to Black Periot without losing, and I get a time bonus on almost everyone. Any ideas on how I can work on achieving a higher score? Maybe by playing the japanese MVS hard mode. I'm up to suggestions. As I really think this Black Periot guy is impossible the first time. I noticed the high score is over 500,000. Even getting a time bonus every round this is still so far out of reach. I have to be missing something.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I'm in the same boat. I'm convinced the WR is bogus because of BP.

I never noticed him teleporting until I watched SamShoSensei play...I"ve always concentrated on my own screen and never paid attention to him. IMHO I think he's unbeatable. Someone prove me wrong with a vid...please!

Gemant

Member,
Is impossible finish this game if you fight against BP. I think that WR is without finish the game.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Actually, I think that WR is done with a secret character. I noticed when I press "C" 3 times when the timer hits 15 seconds on Devil, that you get all the secret characters except Father Strength. When I use the secret characters I tend to fight Moon halfway through the game, and never see Black Perriot. So now my score is almost 300,000 and still haven't 1 credited the game. Tower keeps getting me. I will be breaking this score. My high score went from barely over 100,000 using a normal character, to over 200,000 using a normal character (world). Now with the secret characters I have jumped to almost 300,000 and I just started using them yesterday. I have lots of room for improvement and I feel like i'm getting better every day.

As for Black Perriott, he is not beatable. I have done nothing but chain the first screen to next to nothingness, and then just to have it completely fill up. If you watch the youtube videos there is one of a guy playing him on mame over and over on the same difficulity. Cause when you lose the game gets easier, and then he is beatable. I would pay someone to make a video of a playthrough of the game, making it to Black Perriott, and beatin him the first try. Impossible. Basically to beat him you are going to have to learn to do his teleport move and never mess up a single time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ZSU5Xhg1c

Evertime I fight him and lose I think to myself "what a dick?"

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Is impossible finish this game if you fight against BP. I think that WR is without finish the game.

Exactly, if you get 150,000 points before stage 10 then you fight Black Perriot. There's no way you're going to get over 350,000 points beating Tower and Empress, and there's no way in hell you're going to beat Black Perriot. Therefore your score will reset.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Do you have proof of that? I would like to see the screenshot of the high score. And are you talking about Challenge mode, or Magical Journey?

Gemant

Member,
I know only the first 3 numbers of score: 8.80x.xxx. Challenge Mode.

Is replay from game center recorded in VHS in 1997. I not have the video because is very rare

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
LOL, I was looking on Twin Galaxies and the World Record on Challenge Mode is 1,175,190

Apparentally verified by dvd. I sure would like to see that dvd. I just don't see how that is even possible. Sometimes I can get barely over 76,000 points in a single match. Even if I got that bonus for all 12 rounds it would still barely be over 91,000 points after all 12 matches. There has to be some sort of way to exploit the game. Do you get to keep playing if 1CC the game? The only way I can see achieving this score is if you get to start the game over after beating it with all your points.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to contact the people who have the high scores on Twin Galaxies? I would like to see if I can get this guy to send me one of those DVD's.

Gemant

Member,
LOL, I was looking on Twin Galaxies and the World Record on Challenge Mode is 1,175,190

lol. TG is authority about arcade records for 197X ~ 1984. But for other games (especially neo geo games) you must see the Japanese top score.

If you use C button, you can perform the long chain system. Is possible max 2 big chain for stage, for about 900.000 pts total versus each character.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
lol. TG is authority about arcade records for 197X ~ 1984. But for other games (especially neo geo games) you must see the Japanese top score.

If you use C button, you can perform the long chain system. Is possible max 2 big chain for stage, for about 900.000 pts total versus each character.

Where is the japanese scoreboard?

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
:C: lowers the screen 1 row with each press. I've tried dropping the screen down to within 3 rows of the bottom right from the start, cleared the screen, thought I was kicking ass only to have my ass handed to me right away.

Gemant

Member,
Where is the japanese scoreboard?

Years ago, was on line a page with all scores. Now, is off line, but I have the old page saved in my PC. However I buy Arcadia magazine every month, and I see all the new WR about Arcade games in this range: 1986~2010.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Did you make any progress Greedo? I ment to work on it but I keep getting sucked into TSS instead.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I took a smal break to play ProGear for a while. But I will be trying again soon.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I'm going to work on the game a bit saturday night. I'll post my best scores up.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm going to work on the game a bit saturday night. I'll post my best scores up.

Turns out getting all those points is hard. I try and clear the whole screen like they do, and am lucky if I can get a chain of 8. And that basically adds up to no points. I guess it's all going to come down to memorizing the patterns of the drops at the beginning.

My high score is barely over 300,000. But that is without using "C" to try and get large chains.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I honestly don't know what my best chains are or my avg score are off the top of my head. I pulled the batteries off all my MVS mobos and haven't gotten around to replacing them about a year ago. Having the score reset to default each power up has made me have score adhd. Usully hit REALLY good time bonuses and some good chains.

When I get home tonight I'll run through a few games and see what I can't pull off.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Bah, had a bad few games...300,000 range consistantly. Bit rusty.

I need to hit more / all of the 60,000 - 75,000 point bonuses before Periot --> should put me around >600,000. I hit all the time bonuses on my recent runs, but am all over the place with them (hit a few 2000 point bonuses :lolz:).

Anyway, getting that 75,000 time bonus consistantly on each match is going to be the key to a high score.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Bah, had a bad few games...300,000 range consistantly. Bit rusty.

I need to hit more / all of the 60,000 - 75,000 point bonuses before Periot --> should put me around >600,000. I hit all the time bonuses on my recent runs, but am all over the place with them (hit a few 2000 point bonuses :lolz:).

Anyway, getting that 75,000 time bonus consistantly on each match is going to be the key to a high score.

I know how that time bonus goes. I usually can only get 3 or 4 of the 75,000 ones in a good game. I have been slipping alot lately. Been playing Progear. But the 1st time I have a drink like a gentleman I will throw in MDIII again. Wish there was a online version of this game?

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I've been thinking about getting a stick with a 2/4/8 way gate on it. I think limitting the stick to 2 or 4 directions would help eliminate some sloppy hand movements on my part.

SSS

neo retired
I managed to stay within 1 quota of that fucker today when the round ended. Part of me still feels it's possible to beat him.