Waku Waku 7 released on the Virtual Console! Gameplay help needed!

Sybb

Master Assuke
Recently downloaded this game (I have a Japanese Wii) and while you can adjust all in-game language to English, the e-manual is all in Japanese. Do you have any tips about the gameplay that you can share?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Learn to use Slash. The game was fun as hell. I wish it had online play.

T. J.エs shanty

Zero's Secretary
YESSS!!!
Waku Waku 7 is a great game! Try using Slash or Rai, both are really good for starters. The fighting engine is not to complicated with lots of QCF and QCB special moves (and es-specials when pressing 2xpunch/2xkick), but that is exactly what fits the light-heartedness of the atmosphere...Love that game!!!

Last edited:

Sybb

Master Assuke
YESSS!!!
Waku Waku 7 is a great game! Try using Slash or Rai, both are really good for starters. The fighting engine is not to complicated with lots of QCF and QCB special moves (and es-specials when pressing 2xpunch/2xkick), but that is exactly what fits the light-heartedness of the atmosphere...Love that game!!!

I'm using Arina. :-) I was surprised how good this game is. Sure, it's a bit short on characters, but the play control is excellent and it's really fun. Also, it's the Neogeo version and not the crappy Saturn verison. :-)

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I use Tesse and Politank Z the most. They have quite unusual mind games to play.

T. J.エs shanty

Zero's Secretary
Tesse is the only Waku Waku character I do not like playing with or against :-) I hate that annoying special with her injection...

1980te72

New Challenger
Great game. To bad it probably wont get a us virtual console release, but one can hope. I still hate Politank-Z he's a cheap bastard.

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
Nice, Virtual Console has wide array of games available, but NA did get Iron Clad so maybe they will bring over Neo classics too.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Great game, keep this one in my four slot at all times.

My only real problem with the gameplay is that the super gauge fills up constantly, so battles oftentimes just result in tons of desperation moves being fired back and forth, which can make fights a bit too hectic or easy.

Aside from that, the game is excellent. And Fernandez/Fernandeath, is fucking awesome.

grimm

Marked Wolf
I hope this makes it to Neo Geo Station for PS3, ive been dying to try this game out...

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I hope this makes it to Neo Geo Station for PS3, ive been dying to try this game out...

Yeah seriously. I'd love to see this game on XBLA. I sooo regret selling the homecart. I needed ducats tho (for a different hobby actually, music).