Super SFIV match thread

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
man this game pisses me off, cant get makoto's flow at all.. was my main years ago in 3s.

really not jiving with any of the new faces...damnit i wanna enter a new characters only tourney in like a week :(

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Fuck yeah, bitches. After a dozen or so attempts and being thwarted by lag-assholes, I finally got the 10 ranked wins in a row streak. All with Cody, too.

I got that with Rose last night.

Got her rank to C as well.

Can't say much about the competition if I'm winning so easily.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I played ranked for the first time earlier and got the ten streak and just stopped for the night. In one instance I noticed some really bizarre lag, but I'm gonna chalk that up to a bad connection.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I played ranked for the first time earlier and got the ten streak and just stopped for the night. In one instance I noticed some really bizarre lag, but I'm gonna chalk that up to a bad connection.

I keep sending invites and get no love.

I'm tired of beating people who aren't really good. It's leading me to get into poor habits.

Also amused by people who just bought this and haven't migrated to new characters. Lots of people playing as Bison and Honda. lol...

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
man this game pisses me off, cant get makoto's flow at all.. was my main years ago in 3s.
I feel your pain. She's actually stiffer in this game compared to her 3rd strike version. The dragon punch motion shortcuts are also messing up her flow for me too. many times I'll try to hit her Seichusen Godanzuki and i'll do her EX Fukiage instead and that never happened to me in 3rd Strike.

Her Tsurugi really sucks too. It's hard to pull off and it's hard to make it connect with a standing opponent.

I'm still loving this though because I got my wish even if it isn't 100% perfect. Makoto is still strong as fuck in my opinion.

I'm bout to hop on again right now. Anybody who's down to play send me a request.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Anybody else feel like Mak's crouching MK has a lot shorter reach now or am I imagining things?

Also, I'm a bit bummed out that Ibuki lost some of her chains. MK > HK, and cr. HK to s. HK. They still work when you begin from LK, or cl. HP but the juggle kick off the sweep is too cool.

If anybody on xbox wants to get some ggs going on, i'll be doing that later today.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I keep sending invites and get no love.

I'm tired of beating people who aren't really good. It's leading me to get into poor habits.

Also amused by people who just bought this and haven't migrated to new characters. Lots of people playing as Bison and Honda. lol...
I want to play so bad but here we go third day after release and I still haven't played the game at home. I will make time today and send some invites if anyone is interested.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Good play, but that guy is a real dick to beginning players, so I have ZERO respect for him.

Also, the other guy just up and decided to stop guarding on that last round. So far, its to damn early to call anything, but I have a feeling Guile is definitely moving up. Its CRAZY what you can do with him now. I can projectile from max distance, dash up and cFP or sFP. If they don't jump forward I can swing kick back and throw another, and the recovery is insane. Hes the only character I can play a 'moving' feeler game with, and its nuts what he can do.

Anything connects might as well back fist (fwdFP) for free, no reason not to when a projectile connects. It murderlates focus and worse, the damn move is a guaranteed free two hit combo. Really good character in projectile games now, maybe one of the best in that entirely now.

Okay, everyone who's currently active in playing, lets list some flaws and things we need to work on.

So far with a lot of you, I'm noticing a lack of breaking throws, so practice breaking throws as much as possible. Get used to 'neutral breaking" WP+WK on reaction. Over time this becomes a lot easier. It helps to have a friend to practice this with. Another issue is patternistic play.

Some patterns are fine, like really good bread n butter combos or set action>reaction gameplans. IE; cody's cwp x2 cmp qcb FP/EX. No worry's.

Guile players should never follow ANYTHING with cRH. It is not a true pressure, and right after the first hit is guarded I WILL be punishing you when I can with near death level threats when possible to get you guys to break this habit. That isn't safe on attack or block. Its a 'balls out' move that can hit at times, but when someone adapts to it, you just get killed for free.

Remember that you want to know what pokes are safe in all spacing/zone situations.

Dee Jay players shouldn't do his slide deep. Only from max distance or on read from seeing projectiles the first few frames. Why? Because you can punish it after guard. In fact, you can actually Metsu Shoryu him for doing it. Its very dangerous. Practice his actual pressure strings that are safer.

More issues is constant examples of things. I can form a gameplan for some of you because you do one thing either to much, or you don't adjust your guard enough. Once I hit you out of the air or decide I'm going to play a match a certain way, respect those rules and work around it. If I tag you with cody's back+MP when you jump, its not a good idea to jump again. Ever.

Learn to block high and low whenever possible and get used to adapting to the rhythm of the game itself. Guile is a character that is gonna be tough for the next two years or so, so we all need to learn to function with his game plan. Things he has can punish a bad choice now and hes really strong.

I need to work on stronger combos with cody, as hes gonna be a tough cookie to crack when people know what to do. Very fun future ahead with him.

That's what really separates the good players from the mediocre, the ability to recognize, in the middle of a fight, what isn't working and to adjust accordingly. It's harder early on when there's so much we still don't know about the game, the blizzard of new info to pick up everytime I sit down to play is insane.

I think I sound like an amazed Tourette's patient when I'm playing this right now. "OMG! WTF, that shit trades/connects/gets beaten by X?!?"

Trials were driving me nuts last night. Fun as hell when you finally pull one off that's been torturing you.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The replay channel is amazing. After a long night of playing, my mind is fried, and it's so cool that I can get on the next morning and watch matches that I had the night before. I'm able to approach my mistakes with a fresh mind, and try to change up my gameplan. Capcom really outdid themselves here. Here's a match I had with a random dude in our endless game channel full of NG.com peeps (recorded with my iphone, shitty quality, sorry):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPGvyitl0Mc

I haven't gotten around to changing any of the voices to Japanese yet, so pardon the horrible Dudley voice actor. I'm keeping Cody as English, though.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Me too Charles, I'm under electricgrave under both networks.

cool, I'm on PSN. I'll add you both.

I will say that I am still trying to learn new characters, but Dictator is my main. I have avoided using him so far. Just once to knock off a guy who was playing douchey in endless.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
cool, I'm on PSN. I'll add you both.

I will say that I am still trying to learn new characters, but Dictator is my main. I have avoided using him so far. Just once to knock off a guy who was playing douchey in endless.
Awsome! Bison is the man, he's such a ruthless bastard in SFIV, I love it!

Wes, wow! I didn't know this features were added. Sounds amazing 'cause you can really work on your game tenfold that way. I have to get going and play this game but not until I get home :(

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I didn't know there were this many people on PSN from this board. I only knew of like 5 people from here. Feel free to add me (PSN: Ashmidai) if you wish. I am pretty terrible right now though since I haven't played SF4 much at all in at least 6 months and I haven't been in practice as much as I need to be with Super yet. Too much Modern Warfare and Starcraft 2.... oh the distractions.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I love this game so much that I'm seriously considering getting a ps3 just to play this game with members that don't have a 360.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
It's too bad there's no built-in functionality to upload matches to Youtube. Just Cause 2 has video capture to Youtube on the PS3. It's a nice feature that I'd love to see in more games as a standard.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It's too bad there's no built-in functionality to upload matches to Youtube. Just Cause 2 has video capture to Youtube on the PS3. It's a nice feature that I'd love to see in more games as a standard.

This would be the greatest thing for future DLC. Hell, I'd even pay for it. A lot.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Even though you're a dick, I was hoping you would beat BigTinz' Guile.