Super SFIV match thread

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Good games guys.

I'm still not sure on Guy. He's got fun shit but he's got some really bad weaknesses.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
im sick of my hrap also, it feels like the buttons just flat out are unresponsive or something.

Is it that same HRAP that you had when I was last at your place? If so swap out the buttons with Sanwas if you haven't already. Worst case, a new SA stick for PS3 goes for $115, and an HRAP 3 goes for $85.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Is it that same HRAP that you had when I was last at your place? If so swap out the buttons with Sanwas if you haven't already. Worst case, a new SA stick for PS3 goes for $115, and an HRAP 3 goes for $85.

Same shit. I'm just a cheap mofo. I can do what i want. Only issue is these stock hori buttons, they have like a 'double press' issue if that makes sense. Makes tight timing even more hard to reference.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Yeah, the stock Hori buttons are ass. They stick most of the time and aren't very responsive even when new. I couldn't stand the things when I first got my stick, so I swapped them out in less than a week.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Good games guys.

I'm still not sure on Guy. He's got fun shit but he's got some really bad weaknesses.

Yeah thanks for giving me a royal beat down. :mr_t:

I did a few good rounds in. Fei Long seems pretty awesome.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I picked the same thumb set.

Cool bro fo real. :buttrock:

I hate where I am skill wise, I absolutely destroy 65% of people(I'm talking like P,U or P,P) and get absolutely raped by the rest(lwk etc... :tickled:).

I don't seem to be able to actually learn anything....I just play how I play and it usually works.

Ima send you a friend request spin.

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
So yeah. I was one win away from the 10 ranked wins in a row achievement, and I got somebody who set it to one round, 30 seconds, and lagged the fuck out of the game like I've never seen. When I called him on it, this is what I got:

lagfaggot.jpg

It's really sad that people actually take the time to do things like that.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Same shit. I'm just a cheap mofo. I can do what i want. Only issue is these stock hori buttons, they have like a 'double press' issue if that makes sense. Makes tight timing even more hard to reference.
Dude, you could get one of them PS3 dualshock3 adaptors and wire them to a new set of hardware and voila, wireless rechargeable stick! If there's any lag issues plug it in and you're all set.

I did it to my Tekken 5 sticks and man I gotta tell you they're amazing! I really like the later HRAP button layouts better 'cause they are a copy of the astro CP button layout but still, what a great stick man!

PS: I plugged the first 2 buttons, no need for 8 buttons here :emb:

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Stefan just beat the living shit out of me. But it was a good wake up call. With a little more work I'll get my 2d strong arm back. That joystick of mine is a pain coupled with the shortcuts implement in SF4's system is messing up my game so I gotta get a new stick ASAP.

Makoto is coming along VERY VERY SLOWLY. I'm learning what not to do right about now hahaha

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Yeah, the stock Hori buttons are ass. They stick most of the time and aren't very responsive even when new. I couldn't stand the things when I first got my stick, so I swapped them out in less than a week.

Yeah, I beat giefs trial 24 last night and its such a bitch with these buttons.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Yeah, I have a stock RAP3 as well and I never gave it much thought when I dropped combos in vanilla SF4 since I can do anything and everything in Tekken 6, but the longer I spend in challenge mode in Super the more I am starting to question how quickly these Hori buttons reset so they will trigger again when pushed. I desperately need to try out one of the MadCatz sticks and see if they are any better or if its just my shit timing.

I also don't care for the shortcuts, though I am sure this is 100% a lack of dexterity and practice on my part. It makes certain combos a real pain in the ass and I don't know how to work around that. For instance, any combo that ends in crouching kick, dragon punch into super always turns into crouch kick, fireball into super or just crouch kick straight into super. I have to get lucky to hit those in challenge mode.

1980te72

New Challenger
I'm on the ps3 if anyone wants to play. Feel free to add me my psn is in the sig. Not that I'm very good though.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I put my 360 name in my sig if anyone cares to add me.

You probably shouldn't though because I'm not good.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
You probably shouldn't though because I'm not good.

You and me both. O.Yashiro and Reality Check are assfucking me up the dick and have been for some time now.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Fuck yeah, bitches. After a dozen or so attempts and being thwarted by lag-assholes, I finally got the 10 ranked wins in a row streak. All with Cody, too.

Still, some of these achievements are a real time-sink. Bring every character to grade C? Have everybody fight their rivals (and I've used Ryu, faced two different rivals (Ken and Sagat), so I don't know if each person has two or more rivals, which is beyond retarded to play the CPU that much).

Reality Check

World Hero
Played some awesome games with O. Yahshiro and Spin Master. I swear you two are going to make me hate Makoto again after warming up to her in this game.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Played some awesome games with O. Yahshiro and Spin Master. I swear you two are going to make me hate Makoto again after warming up to her in this game.

O. Yashiro's Makoto is pretty sick. I really enjoyed watching him use her. I didn't really do much with her but I know the 1 or 2 times I squeaked out a win against you it was because of that damn lucky ass vacuum super move of hers. That shit will suck you out of the air if you are at the right height.

Reality Check

World Hero
Playing and seeing O. Yashiro's Makoto reminded me why I hated her in 3rd Strike. Love her as a character but I dread having to fight her. I can see that she's still a beast in this game. Seeing out easy it us to land her ultras make me foam at the mouth.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Playing and seeing O. Yashiro's Makoto reminded me why I hated her in 3rd Strike. Love her as a character but I dread having to fight her. I can see that she's still a beast in this game. Seeing out easy it us to land her ultras make me foam at the mouth.

Her "Seichusen Godanzuki" Super is actually quite a pain in the ass to get out at times because sometimes her EX Fukiage will come out instead because of the damn shortcuts. When I was playing I'm sure you saw me do that Fukiage a million times for no reason, most of those times were failed ultras :(

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
XBL has some of the most annoying motherfuckers it seems.

Yeah. I've played a few rounds on PSN, and everyone seems cool. I see a lot of people trying the new characters too, which is good to see.

Anyway. I'm down to get my ass whupped any time. My PSN ID's HeartlessNinny... Let's fight!

Last edited:

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
ill be getting this on friday when its released over here.

if anyone wants to play my gt is sotv (xbox 360)

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member

Good play, but that guy is a real dick to beginning players, so I have ZERO respect for him.

Also, the other guy just up and decided to stop guarding on that last round. So far, its to damn early to call anything, but I have a feeling Guile is definitely moving up. Its CRAZY what you can do with him now. I can projectile from max distance, dash up and cFP or sFP. If they don't jump forward I can swing kick back and throw another, and the recovery is insane. Hes the only character I can play a 'moving' feeler game with, and its nuts what he can do.

Anything connects might as well back fist (fwdFP) for free, no reason not to when a projectile connects. It murderlates focus and worse, the damn move is a guaranteed free two hit combo. Really good character in projectile games now, maybe one of the best in that entirely now.

Okay, everyone who's currently active in playing, lets list some flaws and things we need to work on.

So far with a lot of you, I'm noticing a lack of breaking throws, so practice breaking throws as much as possible. Get used to 'neutral breaking" WP+WK on reaction. Over time this becomes a lot easier. It helps to have a friend to practice this with. Another issue is patternistic play.

Some patterns are fine, like really good bread n butter combos or set action>reaction gameplans. IE; cody's cwp x2 cmp qcb FP/EX. No worry's.

Guile players should never follow ANYTHING with cRH. It is not a true pressure, and right after the first hit is guarded I WILL be punishing you when I can with near death level threats when possible to get you guys to break this habit. That isn't safe on attack or block. Its a 'balls out' move that can hit at times, but when someone adapts to it, you just get killed for free.

Remember that you want to know what pokes are safe in all spacing/zone situations.

Dee Jay players shouldn't do his slide deep. Only from max distance or on read from seeing projectiles the first few frames. Why? Because you can punish it after guard. In fact, you can actually Metsu Shoryu him for doing it. Its very dangerous. Practice his actual pressure strings that are safer.

More issues is constant examples of things. I can form a gameplan for some of you because you do one thing either to much, or you don't adjust your guard enough. Once I hit you out of the air or decide I'm going to play a match a certain way, respect those rules and work around it. If I tag you with cody's back+MP when you jump, its not a good idea to jump again. Ever.

Learn to block high and low whenever possible and get used to adapting to the rhythm of the game itself. Guile is a character that is gonna be tough for the next two years or so, so we all need to learn to function with his game plan. Things he has can punish a bad choice now and hes really strong.

I need to work on stronger combos with cody, as hes gonna be a tough cookie to crack when people know what to do. Very fun future ahead with him.

Last edited: