Super SFIV match thread

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Its going to be a disc release with some lame excuse. 'Oh we couldnt fit all those changes into a patch'.

Just watch it happen.

I'm telling you, theres no way they will make a release DLC if they can cash in on it further by forcing a new disc.

I just don't see it as viable. It'll further narrow the online scene if they make a new disc. Not everyone is a serious player or is eager for a new copy of the game. To me it seems like a bad move and would alienate the market further. The difference between Super and Vanilla was huge, it needed a new game. This is 4 characters and some balancing, which is honestly not that big of a patch. You could still easily charge $15 for that

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Plus, if you think about it, who are the four added characters so far?

Yun
Yang
Evil Ryu
Oni (Akuma)

Now, I haven't studied the differences between Evil Ryu/Ryu and Oni/Akuma, but I imagine they probably have some effects and differences but are not 100% new content. The DLCs for these characters are probably just modifys/adds to the existing data in the game.

Yun and Yang play differently but probably share data, too. So I imagine out of all the data to DL, this is probably the biggest.

The changes to gameplay are probably big enough to warrant a significant update, but it's really just tweaks and balance modifications.

So they could go the DLC route, I'd think.

But personally, I wouldn't be pushed away by a whole new build of the game released as a disc. If the price was right and they threw in all the extra costumes and gameplay modes, I'd think it was worth 30-40.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
When you select the remixed themes in the options menu, they only play during vs. battles, either online or local. It always plays P2's theme. You're not hearing it because it doesn't play in Arcade Mode except, I believe, for the Rival stage.
I'm playing vs against the CPU and it still doesn't do it! Man, I'm doomed to hear forgettable music, maybe is just a 2 player thing, I'll put that to the test and see. Thanks fo the tip.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
It wont be DLC because to many changes were made to many characters. Capcom will repack this entire mess with a few new backgrounds and even more new/old characters.

I honestly don't give a damn either way. I didn't like AE. I prefer super to it.