Super SFIV match thread

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Hey all, tonight at midnight I will get my copy. I'm coming right home to play for hours. I need someone to load up on caffeine with me. I got a class for my college tomorrow, but I don't give a shit. I'm way ahead of the requirement and if I miss, it effects nothing. I need dedicated mentally ill people to test out stuff and have a laugh with.

GET HYPE! The wait is over.

SUPER IV.

@ URLWK PSN

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Already got my PS3 copy, 360 copy is fully payed off and I will get it tomorrow.

Unfortunately, midnight for you is like 3:00 a.m. for me LWK.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I'll be on very late tonight, gonna throw down with some locals and get on XBL.
If you're up, I'll find you.

XBL-VoodooPeople

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
So it officially comes out tomorrow? I thought it was wednesday.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
So it officially comes out tomorrow? I thought it was wednesday.

Usually Tuesday's are ship dates, but it sounds like most places got their copies over the weekend (Some are already selling them) so it's tomorrow. Mine is "In Transit" from Amazon. I forked up the extra five bucks for the Release Date shipping.

I've got work and have to help watch my two year old nephew and three month old niece, but I will be on Live tomorrow night to get some Hype. I'll open up a party and get some Endless Battle lobby action on. I hope you can keep the room private and just have it for party members.

GET HYPE!! :buttrock:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Played for 3 solid hours. My friends list was like a ghost town. I really figured more people would be on. I heard through the tv one guy call my Cody cheap. He's really hard to win with, but I love him. Definitely hitting srk strats for this guy.

Oh yeah, thoroughly disgusted by people picking ryu and ken. I swear in those 3 hours I only played a couple people who used new characters.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I would be happy to get in on the fun some time Weds, but by the time you sent me a message it was post 2:30 my time and I was starting to fade out. I will be on as much as possible tomorrow.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
waiting for my copy from Amazon tomorrow. bleh

I already got some time in at other people's places this weekend though so the wait isn't killing me

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member
Ibuki is a ton of fun, even when I am getting beat.
I can not figure out why everyone is sticking in their comfort zone and not playing the new characters. I only got to play against Dudley a few times, it has been tons of Ryu with that sketchy costume.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I am maining cody for sure now. Just beat all his trials. This is the guy.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
been beating hard trial 24's all morning. Just beat Blanka's. BTW, remember hard trial 5 from vanilla?

Its back.

Gen's is semi back, they nerfed the style swap jump in.
edit; just beat it. Cake compared to before for me. WOOOOT

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Got it last night but I was far too busy playing in the store with other folks, I didn't get home until 1:30AM, I tried getting some games with Wes 'cause I saw him online on facebook but I guess he must of been assleep and I had to hit the sack as well.

This game is way more fun than the pervious one and I like the previous one! I love the character roster.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm about to get on if you want to get some matches in. I'll be playing a lot of Cody, as I'm still feeling out what he can and can't do. I have a problem with people crossing me up, as his tornado won't hit them. Any tips? Either way, I plan on playing him until I get the full scope of what he's truly capable of.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm about to get on if you want to get some matches in. I'll be playing a lot of Cody, as I'm still feeling out what he can and can't do. I have a problem with people crossing me up, as his tornado won't hit them. Any tips? Either way, I plan on playing him until I get the full scope of what he's truly capable of.
I'll be home around 6PM so if your around I'll join ya!

I'm having a hard time with Dee Jay crossups, seems like his air middle kick (safest crossup hit) has a different hitbox now, also his machine uppercut (Puño Maracas) takes a bit longer than I'm used to charge in order to be used effectively during combos.

I have a feeling that this Dee Jay is going to be more akin with Alpha 3 Upper Dee Jay where the cross up combos are made with short big hits rather than long weaker strings.

As far as defending your ground from crossups with Cody, I think his dodge move if not good old fashion reverse blocking/counter throw might do the trick. I'd have to spend some time with Cody though, I'm only speculating out of Alpha 3 experience.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I never played Alpha 3 seriously. What dodge move are you talking about? I just finished playing for a good hour and a half and I'm finding my groove with Cody. He's really difficult to use, but I love the character so much I don't care.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I never played Alpha 3 seriously. What dodge move are you talking about? I just finished playing for a good hour and a half and I'm finding my groove with Cody. He's really difficult to use, but I love the character so much I don't care.
I know he's one tricky bastard. A member here is extremely good with him (andsuchisdeath) and perhpas if he chimes in he could guide you on the right direction.

I just looked up his move set list and apparently he has lost his doging ability.

Here's how it worked in alpha 3

The dodge hold b/db as your opponent throws middle attacks

There's a section dealing with the strategy of the dodge later on, but here
are the specific rules of the dodge. You dodge any attack that hits
neither high or low. Any attack that could be blocked from both a standing
and ducking position. Anything else, you block like normal. You will also
block any attack that is part of a combo in which the first move hits high
or low, for example, in a low forwardXXfireball combo from a shoto. You
will also only dodge five times in a row, like if Rolento does a baton
twirl, you will block the first 5 hits, but the last seven will be blocked.

Here's a bit more in depth just in case that helps.

Using the dodge

People who fight against V-Codys but never use him love to bitch about the
dodge. If you've been using him then you know. But the dodge takes some
getting used to, especially with that puny guard meter. True, you aren't
knocked back by your opponents attack, but the dodge has a lag. If, for
example, Sakura just walked up and kept poking at you with st. jabs and
shorts, even though she's not really comboing you, you're stuck there in
dodge animation. Countering a jab or short after dodging it is very hard
if not impossible. Also, the dodge lag makes you tick bait for the
grapplers. Always counter dodged attacks with a cr. short combo, for the
best chances of connecting. Another thing to think about when using the
dodge is when to counter. For example, you will dodge a full Rekka Ken
from Karin, but anyone could punish her after one of those. You should try
to counter somewhere in the middle, when she isn't expecting it. Don't
mail me to tell me that you can't counter in the middle of a rekka ken, I
know you can't. I'm just using it as an example. Also, when you ruffian
kick through projectiles, you don't have to wait for the fireball to
completely clear you before you attack. You can actually start the attack
just before the projectile hits you and still dodge it. Experiment to find
the exact timing.

Other than that all I can think of is using the RUffian kick while being crossed up as that may grant you some safe distance to counter attack with rocks or another EX ruffian kick to catch off guard.

I wish I could be more help but Cody is one of those characters I just left in the back burner to get profficient with later on during the Alpha 3 iterations.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I may try ex ruffian kick or something. I've also been jabbed out of my ex tornado. I was like "wtf, REALLY!?!"

I'm also trying to find out what's so special about the knife. Other than throwing it, what are the benefits? I remember developers were talking about it being a massive powerup for Cody and how deadly he becomes with it. I've yet to have that be the case for me, though. Perhaps I'm just not using it right.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Sorry I missed ya last night lwk. I was hosting a small local thing. Lets play soon, I wanna see if all your serious business technical sf rants = a kick ass player. :p

TONIGHT, FIGHT LIKE GENTLEMEN. I only saw one blanka/deejay thumb set so I snagged that one.

No dudley.... :(

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I may try ex ruffian kick or something. I've also been jabbed out of my ex tornado. I was like "wtf, REALLY!?!"

I'm also trying to find out what's so special about the knife. Other than throwing it, what are the benefits? I remember developers were talking about it being a massive powerup for Cody and how deadly he becomes with it. I've yet to have that be the case for me, though. Perhaps I'm just not using it right.
I'm also curious on this. I'll be working on some setups pretty soon after the casual fever with friends wears out, but if I find out something in the mean time I will share it and see what we can come up with.