jap. MS1 on ebay Fake???

Heath

, cheyne stoking
BE CAREFUL these days.

I've found on Ebay some Metal Slug 1 Jap, with the manual with the bricks RIGHT, but after detecting a more darker colour in the insert, I contacted the seller, and juts let's say he was a a liar (first said the bought game at Akihabara, then at a UK shop, he said he could not take close pictures as the game was already packaged (28 days left for the end of the auction) nor he wanted to unpackage for the pictures it even being an expensive item, etc.)... so I guess it was a FAKE MS but with the bricks row CORRECTED.

This is the one i was going to make a offer on because the bricks on the manual are correct.whats wrong with the insert???

Thanks in advance

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
Just ask the seller to send you some high res and close pictures of insert (front, back, spine), manual (front, back, inside), sticker (front, up), and let's see what happens.

Also you can ask him who checked game was an original.

Good luck.

From the shown pictures, me and also a collector's friend noticed a darker insert: so I asked extra pictures and information, but I only found... lies.

Heath

, cheyne stoking
I wouldnt even chance it if the seller isnt going to play ball.i havnt got £1000 to spare.if the seller is not willing to send close up pics of the insert then im not intertested.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
I personally wouldn't buy a metal slug off eBay, too many conversions and scammers about. I'd ask on the forums first if anyone has a genuine one for sale or just get the mvs version.

kerr9000

n00b
I wouldnt buy one as a collectible If it was cheap enough to buy and play with the chance of it being a bootleg then maybe but thats a total different kettle of fish and a totally different amount of money id consider good

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
SuperDeadite, might I ask you to explain with pictures (if possible) the differences in the insert and sticker so other noob members like me can see what to look for besides the secod bricks row in the manual, when faced with an "original" which is a conversion?

No problem.

1. Besides the bricks, the manual staples are in the wrong place. Also a real manual
shows a lot more of the clouds then the fake auction slug. Here's a pic of mine, notice how the clouds at the bottom are bigger:
PICT1136.jpg

2. Insert. The muzzle flash on the front is wrong. Look at the 2 top sprite spikes. On a real Slug the far right is shorter then the left. The auction slug is opposite.
A real slug insert muzzle flash:
HI3F0035-4.jpg

3. Insert Back: A real slug has 3 brick lines on the back. They are only a few millimeters away from the edge of the insert. The auction slug lacks these brick lines, which is another common sign of a fake slug.
Real Slug:
HI3F0037-1.jpg

4. Spine: Really difficult to get a good pic. All real slugs actually had a printing error. The SNK letters kind of ink bleed togeather. Meaning the letters are attached. Note they are attached by only a few tiny blue pixels. My camera probably isn't good enough to see it. But I've never seen a fake that replicated the error properly.
Real Slug:
HI3F0036-3.jpg

5. Label. I can't get a good picture of this. But the auction slug label is way to brightly white. On the auction slug, notice how the brown part looks dirty? Those black spots are actually the cart showing through. However the white part is pure white, there are no black spots. This is a fake. A real label has the same "see through" black spots as the brown part. You can see them on the logo too. The fake slugs' white color is way too strong.

The most well-known fake manuals for the Metal Slug game have a row of bricks with a difference when compared with an original manual: fake: 2 bricks; original: 3 bricks.

Also, when the manual is fake, the most common is the rest is fake too.

Yes, please, upload and show here high resolution pictures of: manual (front, back, two close inner pages); insert (front, back, spine), sticker (front and above), and above all, pictures of the two boards (front and above all back).

In the meanwhile, you should stop selling at Ebay this item immediately, until you see why people here have concluded it is a fake item.

Hello
I am no scammer and I believe his words.
Actually I am disappointed, pay for this game two years ago $ 1150 dollars.
I can not believe it has been slow to realize that not a legitimate game, Metal Slug is the only one I caught and I also sell games NEO GEO, which is why I can not believe how I cheated, but I am not a crook decided cancel the auction.
Regards

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
A wise and honest decision, samuelnippon.

I wonder how much of us have in the collections some fake carts without even never having realized it.

It's a shock when you discover you were scammed and paid a high amount of money for the item :( .

EDIT: SuperDeadite, MANY THANKS!!! A Wonderful explanation!!!

Last edited:
I already did.
I wish that the person who started to insult me or call me scammer realized I did not put on auction knowing that my article was false.
There are people who lack manners.
I am not a blind and closes and I'm not a crook.
The truth makes me very angry that I have cheated in this way.
do not want to smear my reputation
Regards

ok i cancel my auction.
I lost money :(
But I'm no cheat
Greetings and thanks for teaching me how to detect a conversion like this game

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
4. Spine: Really difficult to get a good pic. All real slugs actually had a printing error. The SNK letters kind of ink bleed togeather. Meaning the letters are attached. Note they are attached by only a few tiny blue pixels. My camera probably isn't good enough to see it. But I've never seen a fake that replicated the error properly.
Real Slug:
HI3F0036-3.jpg

5. Label. I can't get a good picture of this. But the auction slug label is way to brightly white. On the auction slug, notice how the brown part looks dirty? Those black spots are actually the cart showing through. However the white part is pure white, there are no black spots. This is a fake. A real label has the same "see through" black spots as the brown part. You can see them on the logo too. The fake slugs' white color is way too strong.

I own an old Metal Slug conversion with manual (bought as such), and I can say the SNK letters joined by those blue pixels is reproduced at the conversion insert (although I guess with no so accuracy than it is present at an original), and both the sticker brown and white parts "shows" the black plastic cart below.

So I guess bricks in the rows of the manual, explosion in insert, and bricks in the back of the insert is easiest way to check a fake copy at first sight.

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
Yeah the fakes are getting better sadly. sammualnippon's cart was clearly one of the older easy to spot fakes. But better fakes seem to appear every day.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Thanks. I appreciate the great explanation. And kudos to samuelnippon doing the right thing.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
The manual of this last action seems a fake one to me: it has 2 bricks in the second row from above, and not 3.

In the insert, I can not see very well the explosion, can someone with better eye than me check the spikes?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The manual looks like a reproduction to me as well, the insert looks real though. Can't say much about the cart itself.

Espineli

n00b
I doubt it this guy has an awesome collection and got alot of it from reputable Japanese sellers, if it is who I'm thinking about. He just sold last hope for a ton of cash too, I wish I had some of those carts to sell :(

This is my first post. My name is spinel. Greetings to everyone. I do not speak English very well, sorry.
I'm a fan of SNK for many years, and have begun collecting AES games.

I bought this Metal Slug, and I think that is false.
The seller seemed very good but I think that either he did not know it was a conversion.
Here are images of the game:
eqqn2w.jpg

2yy2vfd.jpg

148ou46.jpg

2con1qt.jpg

b99hs0.jpg

1581pok.jpg

2nvuuzo.jpg

2con1qt.jpg

flf09y.jpg

ftpyxs.jpg

312b7dk.jpg

This manual is false security. But what about the cartridge and insert? seem very real.
Yet I have been in contact with the seller. I hope my money back. I am very sad: (

I hope we can help me. Thank you.

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
Hola, com va per les catalunyes?

Please, post high resolution and close pictures of FULL front insert, spine, back insert, front and above sticker.

The manual is fake: please, check also the letters inside the manual: they should look as they proceed from a scan at a close inspection; also see the little grey tank at the first pages: it has to be composed by little grey points if original (which is not, so it should be composed of a simple uniform grey colour).

Regarding the insert, please check if the Neo-Geo logo (yellow per example) if it is composed by little yellow points, or a simple uniform yellow colour; but I guess the insert is original.

Regarding the sticker, do you see as a black colour through the gold and white part of the sticker?

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
I always wondered why people cry about NGF carts, when clearly, unlike people trying to bootleg games with fake reproductions, NGF clearly and proudly displayed our nameplate (which increased the value of games).

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
Espineli, I believe is better to keep public and not PM, as this can help other people.

At first sight, I would say the insert and the sticker in the cart seem legit to me.

Is the manual which is fake.

But I would like you to check and comment what I remarked:

"The manual is fake: please, check also the letters inside the manual: they should look as they proceed from a scan at a close inspection; also see the little grey tank at the first pages: it has to be composed by little grey points if original (which is not, so it should be composed of a simple uniform grey colour).

Regarding the insert, please check if the Neo-Geo logo (yellow per example) if it is composed by little yellow points, or a simple uniform yellow colour; but I guess the insert is original.

Regarding the sticker, do you see as a black colour through the gold and white part of the sticker?"

Also, being a newbie in the Neo World, how did you come to purchase an expensive item plenty of bootlegs as Metal Slug?

How did you suspect something was wrong with the item, being a newbie?