Inter v Barcelona 4/20

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
in 2.5 hours the first leg of the semi finals shall begin. This is pretty much the big match. Won't be surprised if there are over 7 yellow cards in this game.

Also, Ibra comes back to San Siro, and Eto'o faces the squad that made him famous.

Both managers, Pep and Mou, have won CL trophies.

This match is really the best of Europe, and pretty much should be the final.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Should certainly be a corker, but now i've jinxed it so it'll be shite :oh_no:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Barca scored first with Pedro off a Maxwell assist. Sneijder equalized.

Perfect set up for a good game with Barca scoring first. If Inter scored first I would shut the tv off, expecting typical italian style 1-0 defense play.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Barca scored first with Pedro off a Maxwell assist. Sneijder equalized.

Perfect set up for a good game with Barca scoring first. If Inter scored first I would shut the tv off, expecting typical italian style 1-0 defense play.

They seem to have a pretty decent offensive lineup tonight.

Eto'o
Milito
Sneijder
Pandev
Cambiasso

And although not a forwarder, Maicon. Very offensive RB.

1-1 btw

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Hopefully it stays a draw or similar so inter have to chase something at the nou camp to stop a borefest :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
They seem to have a pretty decent offensive lineup tonight.

Eto'o
Milito
Sneijder
Pandev
Cambiasso

And although not a forwarder, Maicon. Very offensive RB.

1-1 btw

Maicon is a fullback, under the title of "right back." Very offensive minded, like Alves, and the one player on Inter that I really like. Too bad Maicon was responsible for the first goal.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
3-1 to Inter. Terrible refereeing. Possibly the most blatant match fixing I have seen in 5 years.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Hopefully it stays a draw or similar so inter have to chase something at the nou camp to stop a borefest :)

It's actually kinda unlikely to happen since they're gonna play again Barcelona ;)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
3-1 to Inter. Terrible refereeing. Possibly the most blatant match fixing I have seen in 5 years.

mmm, last Chelsea's V Barça ( 08/09 )

I don't remember them complaining about that one...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
mmm, last Chelsea's V Barça ( 08/09 )

I don't remember them complaining about that one...

Did you watch this game? It was very obvious here that the referee had designs on the outcome.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Did you watch this game? It was very obvious here that the referee had designs on the outcome.

Like the offside taken out at Milito in the first half when the match was still 0-0 ?

Like the murderous elbow punch Messi did ( would be sent off ) ?

I know you don't like Inter not even by a long shot, but you don't need to be that factious.

tonight we've seen a tactical lesson of Inter. That was the only way to beat Barcelona. You cannot ask them to play like Barça, they simply can't.
Different players, different styles, and different cultures.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Like the offside taken out at Milito in the first half when the match was still 0-0 ?

Like the murderous elbow punch Messi did ( would be sent off ) ?

I know you don't like Inter not even by a long shot, but you don't need to be that factious.

tonight we've seen a tactical lesson of Inter. That was the only way to beat Barcelona. You cannot ask them to play like Barça, they simply can't.
Different players, different styles, and different cultures.

I would rather see a goal denied for a bad offsides call than a goal allowed for a bad on-sides call.

Plain and simple. And I want Inter to progress because I would rather Lyon could play them - Lyon can beat Inter in Madrid much easier than beating a Barca in Madrid where they will be treated as the home team (according to Valdano or Perez, can't remember). But bad calls and poor refereeing is simply indefensible.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Lyon will have it hard.

They probably won't have Lisandro Lopez ( their best striker imho ) and Bayern isn't properly a sweet cheese.

It's still a 50-50. Bayern has the experience, Lyon has the will to make history!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lyon will have it hard.

They probably won't have Lisandro Lopez ( their best striker imho ) and Bayern isn't properly a sweet cheese.

It's still a 50-50. Bayern has the experience, Lyon has the will to make history!

Pretty sure LiLo will start. He was suspended in the last game for too many yellows, but that's over. Gomis is not nearly as good. But the most important players are going to be Pjanic and Cissokho for Lyon. Their creativity will create the opportunities they need. LiLo just needs to supply the finishing. Don't be surprised if Makoun strikes one in this like he did against Madrid.

But yeah, uphill battle. Robbin' and Robbery will be key on the wings, and have been absolutely incredible this season. I think I earlier predicted that they would go far in the CL, perhaps even win it. That was before Lyon got this far. Gotta support my team. Les Gones.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Barcelona still have a chance for sure, if they play like the did when they destroyed anrsenal then i'm sure they could do it :)

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Well i guess it was no surprise that Inter shut up shop and got the result they wanted :oh_no:. Come on Bayern :buttrock: