Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: NeoBiosMasta: Introduction and Information (photo heavy) ORDERS OPEN

God, this is such an awesome community. I fucking love this place.
    When you understand why you dismiss all other gods, you'll understand why I dismiss yours

Fighting Artist

Hey Brian... in case your PM box is full (seems like it might be) shoot me your mailing address and I'll get that board to you.

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by MKL View Post
    Nobody had mentioned it so far so I felt it was something that needed to be addressed since, as you acknowledge, getting a reversed PLCC socket to work fine is problematical. I'm glad to hear you made sure there aren't issues.
    I actually asked him this via PM a few days before this thread. I, just like you had the same concern. I'll probably still put a few dabs of hot glue because I'm anal.

Is there any changes regarding CD loading times with this new configuration?

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light.
    formerly:
    Kenny Boy

Nice looking item. I'm on board for a few to start.

Old Man

icon15.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kpj View Post
    Yes, I'm sure it will be a nice little profit earner for you. 1000% mark up perhaps for the uneducated out there??
    Bonuskun - "Please young man. You telling me to shut up on an internet forum is about going to have the same effect of trying to tell Tarma that Metal Slug 4 was the best Neo Game ever.

Not going to happen."

Argentina'94 - "Gotta admit, that was the best coffee and cigarette I ever enjoyed with someone who wasn't in front of me. We MUST do this again!"

Peanutbutterjammatime

Not to derail the thread, but maybe it would endear the community to you were you to release how-to guides for each type of board you use (like Xian XI does, who also sells cmvs systems). You could let the community in on the nice, clean solder points you use.

Just saying, you were just starting out at one point, too.

Anyway, I'm pretty pumped about this. Now I don't have to trace all the lines back on the board my son ripped apart!
    Quote Originally Posted by Friends of C. Gillman View Post
    Who led a common sense and therefore happy life because he stubbornly refused to be bamboozled by his female relations, by his scientific friends and by the rulers, spiritual and secular of the society into which without his consent he was born

I hope NTM doesn't allow you anywhere near these. If anyone can find a way to turn all of this good work into shit, it's you.
    When you understand why you dismiss all other gods, you'll understand why I dismiss yours

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    They call me Hell. They call me stacey. They call me her. They call me Jane. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. ☭

Quote Originally Posted by SNKorSWM View Post
    Is there any changes regarding CD loading times with this new configuration?
    Not yet, this just allows you to swap the bios. smkdan is working on the bios update.

Quote Originally Posted by qube View Post
    I hope NTM doesn't allow you anywhere near these. If anyone can find a way to turn all of this good work into shit, it's you.
    Guys, I'm not denying anyone to order some. I'll keep them in stock as long as there is a desire for them so I doubt there could be any markup.

I'm almost done with the webstore, and I'm still planning on starting shipping the week of the 3rd.

Akari's Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Tarma View Post
    Yes, I'm sure it will be a nice little profit earner for you. 1000% mark up perhaps for the uneducated out there??
    Come on guys, let's keep this thread drama free.

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    They call me Hell. They call me stacey. They call me her. They call me Jane. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. ☭

Got me an IDC crimper today and am going to find out what the max length is for the extension cable. I can see this mainly being used on the CDZ as you'll probably want to relocate the bios to an area you can easily get to. But next week I'll get the CDz install instructions up so you all can see how it works with that.

Very cool. I just got a Top Loader a few weeks ago and have been watching the BIOS progress. Might have to spring for this if I finally get the courage to muck about under the hood.

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!

Found a good working length at 3.5-4". Quick photo:

It will fit under the TL case without cutting it. Will see about the Z tomorrow.

neo retired

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTurfMasta View Post
    Guys, I'm not denying anyone to order some. I'll keep them in stock as long as there is a desire for them so I doubt there could be any markup.

I'm almost done with the webstore, and I'm still planning on starting shipping the week of the 3rd.
    At least maybe a limit on how many he can purchase and frequency inbetween. Like maybe he can order 1 or 2 every 6 months.

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!

Got a 1C in today for photos and additional testing. Works perfectly and is a hybrid of install instructions for the 1B and CD. You have to disable the chip like you do in the CD install, and then hook up the CE and OE to pads 10 and 12 where the original bios is. I'll get much better install instructions as soon as I'm closer to shipping these out.

I do have some dissapointing news for CDz guys wanting to do this mod. It does work perfectly on the CDz, but there just isnt enough clearance to close the case without cutting the plastic. So I dont think many CDz users will be willing to go that far. Or you can put the CDz MB in a toploader case and you'll have a lot more room to play with

One thing I do recommend, is removing the bottom metal shield from the CDz. Probably one of the big reasons why it is known to overheat. The shield is blocking any possible airflow from the three large-ish vents in the bottom of the system.

Looks great!

So, the situation remains the same on the 1C, that if the bios is already removed only the two wires need be attached?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friends of C. Gillman View Post
    Who led a common sense and therefore happy life because he stubbornly refused to be bamboozled by his female relations, by his scientific friends and by the rulers, spiritual and secular of the society into which without his consent he was born

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!

Quote Originally Posted by Loup-Garou View Post
    Looks great!

So, the situation remains the same on the 1C, that if the bios is already removed only the two wires need be attached?
    Yep, just those two.

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!

box of 50 semi-assembled, waiting for more PLCC sockets. store will open on Tuesday next week and I'll start shipping Friday next week as well.

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    Hey Brian,

What's the height difference from the top of the cart slot to the top of the bios mounted?
    It's slightly higher than the slot, I already packed the board so i cant take any more pics.

Fighting Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    Hey Brian,

What's the height difference from the top of the cart slot to the top of the bios mounted?
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTurfMasta View Post
    It's slightly higher than the slot, I already packed the board so i cant take any more pics.
    I can measure it up when I get it and post if you guys want.

Banned

If you cut the cdz will it lose any structal intergrity?

Mai's Apprentice

How long were these in development?

Thread Information