NeoBiosMasta: Introduction and Information (photo heavy) ORDERS OPEN

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
God, this is such an awesome community. I fucking love this place.
icon29.gif

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Hey Brian... in case your PM box is full (seems like it might be) shoot me your mailing address and I'll get that board to you.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Nobody had mentioned it so far so I felt it was something that needed to be addressed since, as you acknowledge, getting a reversed PLCC socket to work fine is problematical. I'm glad to hear you made sure there aren't issues.

I actually asked him this via PM a few days before this thread. I, just like you had the same concern. I'll probably still put a few dabs of hot glue because I'm anal.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Is there any changes regarding CD loading times with this new configuration?

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Nice looking item. I'm on board for a few to start.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member

Yes, I'm sure it will be a nice little profit earner for you. 1000% mark up perhaps for the uneducated out there?? :spock: :rolleyes:

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters

Not to derail the thread, but maybe it would endear the community to you were you to release how-to guides for each type of board you use (like Xian XI does, who also sells cmvs systems). You could let the community in on the nice, clean solder points you use.

Just saying, you were just starting out at one point, too.

Anyway, I'm pretty pumped about this. Now I don't have to trace all the lines back on the board my son ripped apart! :)

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member

I hope NTM doesn't allow you anywhere near these. If anyone can find a way to turn all of this good work into shit, it's you.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Is there any changes regarding CD loading times with this new configuration?

Not yet, this just allows you to swap the bios. smkdan is working on the bios update.

I hope NTM doesn't allow you anywhere near these. If anyone can find a way to turn all of this good work into shit, it's you.

Guys, I'm not denying anyone to order some. I'll keep them in stock as long as there is a desire for them so I doubt there could be any markup.

I'm almost done with the webstore, and I'm still planning on starting shipping the week of the 3rd.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Got me an IDC crimper today and am going to find out what the max length is for the extension cable. I can see this mainly being used on the CDZ as you'll probably want to relocate the bios to an area you can easily get to. But next week I'll get the CDz install instructions up so you all can see how it works with that.

Very cool. I just got a Top Loader a few weeks ago and have been watching the BIOS progress. Might have to spring for this if I finally get the courage to muck about under the hood.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Found a good working length at 3.5-4". Quick photo:

ext.jpg

It will fit under the TL case without cutting it. Will see about the Z tomorrow.

SSS

neo retired
Guys, I'm not denying anyone to order some. I'll keep them in stock as long as there is a desire for them so I doubt there could be any markup.

I'm almost done with the webstore, and I'm still planning on starting shipping the week of the 3rd.

At least maybe a limit on how many he can purchase and frequency inbetween. Like maybe he can order 1 or 2 every 6 months.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Got a 1C in today for photos and additional testing. Works perfectly and is a hybrid of install instructions for the 1B and CD. You have to disable the chip like you do in the CD install, and then hook up the CE and OE to pads 10 and 12 where the original bios is. I'll get much better install instructions as soon as I'm closer to shipping these out.

1ca.jpg

1cb.jpg

1cc.jpg

I do have some dissapointing news for CDz guys wanting to do this mod. It does work perfectly on the CDz, but there just isnt enough clearance to close the case without cutting the plastic. So I dont think many CDz users will be willing to go that far. Or you can put the CDz MB in a toploader case and you'll have a lot more room to play with :)

One thing I do recommend, is removing the bottom metal shield from the CDz. Probably one of the big reasons why it is known to overheat. The shield is blocking any possible airflow from the three large-ish vents in the bottom of the system.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Looks great!

So, the situation remains the same on the 1C, that if the bios is already removed only the two wires need be attached?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
box of 50 semi-assembled, waiting for more PLCC sockets. store will open on Tuesday next week and I'll start shipping Friday next week as well.

50.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hey Brian,

What's the height difference from the top of the cart slot to the top of the bios mounted?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Hey Brian,

What's the height difference from the top of the cart slot to the top of the bios mounted?

It's slightly higher than the slot, I already packed the board so i cant take any more pics.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The CDZ should be fine with cutting, unless you stack stuff on it thats heavy.